“A lovely hotel with great pool”

Denia La Sella Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Denia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My boyfriend and I had really struggled to find somewhere to go away to for a week and managed to find this little gem. We have pretty high standards and were starting to feel rather disillusioned when we stumbled across this. The rooms are a really good size with a lovely little balcony so you can sit outside. Although they didn't have 'modern' decor, it was actually really nicely decorated and had a homely feel to it (we had read some bad reviews about the decor but we had no complaints!). And being a Mariott the bed was amazing! Very large double bed with the most amazingly comfortable bedding! The pool was lovely and quiet when we went in mid September - it was very relaxing. They have a great little gym which we went to most evenings and although other people were in there, I did not have to wait once for the machines. The breakfast had a good selection and was European style with hams and cheeses as well as cooked so my boyfriend was very happy! They had fresh fruit too, which always makes me happy!

They have a couple of restaurants at the hotel - from memory there was a great Thai restaurant - we had a great meal there but I wouldn't recommend the ordinary restaurant so much. If you like to eat in different places, I'd recommend to rent a car so you can venture out in the evenings (although you could just get a taxi but doing it every night could get costly) - we found some great places down by the port. We also did a day trip to the beach which was nice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 1 week July/August time, with our 2 boys who are 5 and 8. There is a kids club, but you have to pay extra to use it and it's not cheap, however they weren't interested anyway as they made friends in the pool and there they stayed! We felt totally happy letting them play around in the pool while we chilled out, it's not deep and they can be seen at all times. Even at this time of year the hotel didn't feel uncomfortably busy. There was a lovely atmosphere here. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. I would advise hiring a car though as taxis to and from Denia and Javea are not cheap especially if you go out every day like we did. The hotel breakfast was excellent, there was lots of choice and very good for the children too. The wifi connection in the room was excellent and we were always connected to the hotel wifi, even around the pool. We had a suite which was beautiful and had lots of space with stunning views of the mountains and the golf course. It was always very well cleaned to a high standard every day. We didn't eat in any of the hotel restaurants as we dined out, we had one meal in the hotel bar on the last day and it was excellent and very good value for money. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a lovely peaceful, relaxing break.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We were 4 couples with 4 children who stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.

We requested for interconnecting rooms (2 interconnecting rooms), so that we could keep an eye on the children. Unfortunately on arrival we were told extremely rudely that interconnecting rooms were not possible and that we should've asked for it in writing.

On asking to speak to a manager he said we should be more cautious and get things in writing next time.

We couldn't meet the manager.

The rooms were big enough, but air conditioning temperatures couldn't be controlled. The temperatures are pre set.

The pool was lovely, but the jacuzzi disappointing.

The life guard( evening)is one of the rudest people I've met.

A cockroach was found in my room and they offered to give us another room, which we accepted but asked them to get some spray and kill the cockroach. They didn't intend to do that.

1 of our rooms wasn't cleaned in a particular day.

The lady making the eggs to order at breakfast was also very impolite and rude. And they ran out of onions, mushrooms and bacon at breakfast one morning.

The Italian restaurant was very disappointing but the Thai restaurant was lovely. A word of caution, the Thai curries are very very spicy!

Options for vegetarians are almost negligible except at the Thai restaurant.

One morning we asked them to boil and purée some vegetables for the children (we have them our own vegetables) and the manager made it sound like a huge favour.

Yes, we admit that it was a brilliant gesture but telling us time and again was not needed.

I might give this hotel another chance.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I have to say it annoys me to read some of the reviews on here - you're on the continent - expect a cigarette on a veranda - we noticed one person smoking - busy ? Middle of August and I had the entire pool to myself at 2pm - it's beautiful - and honestly what idiot puts their shirt in to be dry cleaned on the day they are leaving ??? Came here for my fathers birthday - have another week left - have stayed at many marriotts across the globe and in terms of a European hotel this hotel is up there ! Prices are amazing and the food is ideal for families and also suit couples looking for something special !

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is conveniently located half way between Denia and Javea. Has a lovely golf course and leisure centre. The reception staff were particularly welcoming and any queries we had were dealt with efficiently. Food in the a la carte restaurant was very good and to a high standard, the food in the bistro-type self-service diner was equally as good and still with plenty of choices. The breakfasts were exceptionally generous and catered for both continental and full english. There is also an outside terrace should you wish to enjoy your breakfasts in the fresh air. The bar and large lounge area were both relaxing and well staffed, with views over the well designed outside swimming pool. Our bedroom was extra large with plenty of comfortable arm chairs, occasional table, desk, free wifi, TV fridge and coffee making facilities. Bathroom was equally spacious and well equipped. Both rooms were kept very clean by the housekeeping team, again nothing was too much trouble if you required anything extra. I have stayed here with my dog on several occasions and don’t look for anywhere else when in the Javea or Denia area. I have always found this hotel to be of consistent high quality and have never encountered any problems whatsoever.

Room Tip: Views over the golf course are quieter rooms, rooms over the outdoor swimming pool can be noisy duri...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Waited at check in for ages without being addressed, room had broken lock and door missing from toilet so shower toilet in same room.
Breakfast restaurant has outdoor covered area and is nice to sit apart from the fact that everybody smokes here so is horrific ( I'm sure this is now illegal)
Pool area was very busy with people putting their towels on loungers at 07:00 like a cheap package holiday hotel
I placed a shirt in laundry day before I left with same day service but it never returned, following day I had to leave the hotel late as it still was not back ( hotel still wanted to charge me for this )

I would not go back

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed at this wonderful hotel for two nights, we only wish it had been for longer. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of chilled cava which was much appreciated. Staff on the reception desk spoke good English and were extremely friendly and helpful. We had a double room which was spacious and spotless. We had a little balcony with table and chairs overlooking the hills. I have never slept in a more comfortable bed with the best pillows ever which is rare in most hotels. We had breakfast the next day for an extra 12 euros which had a generous selection of eggs, bacon, cold meats, fruit and juices. The setting for breakfast was on the terrace which gave you a great view of the golf course.

The swimming pool was lovely with comfortable sunbeds and good quality towels which the hotel supplied. Overall we would definitely stay at this hotel again for a longer period it was truly lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and golf course.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Geraldine M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denia
La Posada del Mar
Daniya Denia
Daniya Denia
#25 of 34 in Denia
Hotel SH Villa Gadea

Been to Denia La Sella Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!