“This makes Fawlty Towers look inviting” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ona Ogisaka Garden

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ona Ogisaka Garden
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Denia
Bangor, United Kingdom
“This makes Fawlty Towers look inviting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have previously reviewed other Onagrup hotels and been more than happy with them and as a member of the Restotel/Eurotel timeshare plan my wife and I were keen to try out this establishment in Denia. Let me make it clear at the outset, Denia is a super spot with attractions and restaurants galore and this hotel would be an ideal place to to stay to enjoy the town and surrounding area.
Sadly, it is anything but ideal.
We started on the first night with the shower in the en-suite and the TV not working. Small matters but one might expect the room to be ready for incoming guests. These matters were remedied by a very nice handyman. He is memorable because he was probably the only member of staff who appeared to do any work and he was pleasant.
On the second evening I went to the bar/restaurant to purchase a bottle of wine to bring back to our apartment. I stood at the bar for a good ten minutes being totally ignored and I regret to say I expressed by displeasure in rather fundamental terms - not loudly and more talking to myself. I was suddenly confronted by the manager/director, Carlos, who harangued me for more than five minutes about swearing in his establishment. It was humiliating and several guests later in the week told me that, firstly, my comment had not impacted on them, and secondly, that this man's behaviour was appalling.
Thereafter. the rest of the staff, clearly aware of what had happened between myself and the manager, were cool to the point of being curt with me and my wife. It is as if the example of the boss was being transmitted downwards to all personnel.
Other reviewers have made reference to a receptionist called Abel. I had few dealings with him but my limited contact leads me to conclude that those other reviewers are correct - an arrogant and really rather rude young man, totally unsuited to the tourist industry.
With decent management and a total refurbishment of the accommodation, this could be a lovely hotel.
As it is presently set up and managed, if that is the right word, avoid this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: There isn't one
3 Thank DLP555
OnaHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ona Ogisaka Garden, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear guest,

I would like to reiterate my apologies if your stay was not as expected. The whole Ona Ogisaka Garden team strives daily to provide the best service and to provide maximum satisfaction to our customers.

We welcome suggestions and comments, thanks to them we can detect our weaknesses and at the same time, make improvements to our service.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future in order to show you our interest in satisfying our customers and our daily progress.

Warmest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

It would have been a perfect score for this hotel except for the fact that the Internet availability was horrible - almost non existent - supposedly 2 codes needed per day per each of our computers. Bottom line, connections from our room didn't work. In this day & age this has to be unacceptable. That aside, the location, whilst a little out of town was walkable to the beach & marina, did have plenty of free road parking & was close to 2 supermarkets. The mini apartment was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was fully equipped if you wanted to cook at home. The washing machine was a bonus & seemed brand new. The pool area was great as was the gym & restaurant. We found the staff to be very knowledgeable and willing to help in any way they could. Hot shower - good maid service - towels changed every day. Excellent value via their "get four nights but only pay for three" package - but if you want access to today's technology - be prepared to struggle.

Room Tip: Near to Reception to get the Internet
Dear guest,

First of all, let me thank you for the time you have spent on sharing your opinion of your stay at Ona Ogisaka Garden.
It is thanks to these comments that we can detect our errors and therefore implement changes to improve our quality.
In regard to WIFI, we have worked to improve our service and we have installed optical fibre for our customers.

Drayton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

If what you want is a fairly reasonable place to stay that is close to the town, beaches etc then it is fine. I celebrated my bithday whilst here and that was the reason for the trip but I just used it as a base as the choice of restaurants in Denia itself are always going to be far better and more plentiful...which they are. Our apartment was clean and tidy and only 250yds to the beach. The hotel is actually in a residential area and knowing Denia quite well I can imagine that this beach will be packed in the summer as it is very small and parking will be a problem as well when all the local Spanish come to town.
If I had paid a lot of money then I might have been disappointed however 3 nights for £105 is hardly breaking the bank! I cannot comment on the restaurant or the other facilities as I did not use them it but I can say that whilst we were there the staff were polite and friendly and certainly didnt try and get us to spend anymore money or do anything we didnt want to do!
For sure I would book again but only if the price was right...

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the time spent in sharing your opinion through TripAdvisor.
We are sure that your comments will help other users to enjoy their stay with us even more.
The whole Ona Ogisaka Garden team strives daily to fulfil the wishes of our guests and our ultimate reward is customer satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel on your next visit.

Warmest regards,
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel has lots of potential but the management don’t seem to care much about it. The overall state of the facility is just terrible; pool extremely dirty and algae’s all over, fitness center equipment all rusty and dirty, common areas need refreshment, room, although we were told it had been renovated lately it did not appear as it is furnished with old furniture, very small washroom and the food and the restaurant is some of the worse I have had in all of my travelling. The staffs at the front desk don’t seem to care much and are only interested on selling services. One good point to mention is the staff at their spa, they are very good and the services they provide are excellent. Also one of the best thing about the resort is its location, it is within walking distance to the center of Denia, the beaches, the marina, the Castle, the train and bus station, therefore if you are staying in Denia there is no need for a car however there is plenty of free parking around the hotel during the time we were there.

Room Tip: We were ther in September 2013 and they seemed to want to start cleaning the place a ittle, so I wou...
1 Thank Juste1
Dear guest,

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for the time you spent in sharing your experience in regard to your stay in Ona Ogisaka Garden, which I have noted with regret has not been to your complete liking.
Making our customers satisfied is our main objective; therefore, day after day the whole team strives to offer our customers a better service than that perhaps expected.
We look forward to welcoming you to Ona Ogisaka Garden in the near future in order to show you our daily progress.

Kindest regards,

Travellers are raving about these Denia hotels

Moscow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Having initially booked this hotel for two weeks, we then changed our plans and shortened the stay to one week. We made absolutely sure that the hotel is aware of the change well in advance, informing the staff online prior to arrival and then in person once we got there. Abel, the receptionist, said it was quite OK. At checkout, however, he insisted on charging for two weeks! We were very much taken aback, of course, all the more so after he threatened to call the police. Bottom line: AVOID ABSOLUTELY.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

When we got there very nice man on desk,saying that we was very important and had a good deal for us on breakfast & lunch or dinner.We said ok and he gave us a card so we could have a free massage and use the indoor pool.
The room was very nice and clean until we had somebody on floor above us banging and draging the chair about late at night.
The food was good and the staff in restaurant very nice and friendly.
We were ask to go to a meeting the day after we arrived,sounded good as it don't sell timeshares it didn't but it was like it.We wasn't intrested so didn't go on outings they put on.
We noticed a big change in the man on desk not so friendly shall we say.
As for the free massage we didn't get one only open 9-1 and as for the indoor pool you had to have a swimming hat so didn't use that either. Also my hushband noticed it wasnot free it was in the price for restaurant.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
OnaHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ona Ogisaka Garden, responded to this review, 26 February 2014

Fife, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had a week here in September on our first visit to Denia. Situated a good 15 to 20 minute walk from town centre, it is a fairly standard small-medium aparthotel. There are 7 or 8 blocks situated round a central pool. This could have been nice but the accomodation was 5 storeys high and really restricted the sun. It meant you had to keep shifting round to catch it. The only bar opened out onto the pool area which meant it was very noisy at night. We only had one meal in the restaurant, and the food was quite good.
The check-in was disappointing, we arrived late on Saturday evening and had to wait almost 20 minutes as there was only one person on reception (there were other staff).

1 Thank fiferblue