Ona Ogisaka Garden
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswashing machineapartment hotelwelcome packthe outdoor swimming poolcleaned regularlybody lotionthe main touristmountain backdropground floorenglish tv channelsplenty of sunbedshalf boardtown centrebars and restaurantsminute strollcleaned every daytapas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed here in October through Interval International we drovevup from Alicante and the instructions we had from Interval were rubbish we did find it but more by luck than following instructions. Quite small reception area and quite busy when we booked in. We were self catering although did try to persuade us to have food package. Room was very clean furnishings looked quite new and kitchen facilities were adequate would have been better if instructions for microwave and washing machine had been in English. We were on ground floor looking at pool did not use pool and there did not look to be much room to put sun beds. The town of Denia is within walking distance and beach easy accessible and very clean. Internet was poor and kept having to put code in. Plenty of good quality restaurants close by. The weather was excellent the wholecweek

1  Thank sheilag7
OnaHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Ona Ogisaka Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, let me thank you for the time you have spent on sharing your opinion of your stay at Ona Ogisaka Garden.
It is thanks to these comments that we can detect our errors and therefore implement changes to improve our quality.
On the other hand, Interval and other "Central Exchange" inform to their clients the conditions, amenities, facilities and activities available on-site at the resort. Ona Ogisaka Garden is a 3 stars aparthotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have previously reviewed other Onagrup hotels and been more than happy with them and as a member of the Restotel/Eurotel timeshare plan my wife and I were keen to try out this establishment in Denia. Let me make it clear at the outset, Denia is a super spot with attractions and restaurants galore and this hotel would be an ideal place to to stay to enjoy the town and surrounding area.
Sadly, it is anything but ideal.
We started on the first night with the shower in the en-suite and the TV not working. Small matters but one might expect the room to be ready for incoming guests. These matters were remedied by a very nice handyman. He is memorable because he was probably the only member of staff who appeared to do any work and he was pleasant.
On the second evening I went to the bar/restaurant to purchase a bottle of wine to bring back to our apartment. I stood at the bar for a good ten minutes being totally ignored and I regret to say I expressed by displeasure in rather fundamental terms - not loudly and more talking to myself. I was suddenly confronted by the manager/director, Carlos, who harangued me for more than five minutes about swearing in his establishment. It was humiliating and several guests later in the week told me that, firstly, my comment had not impacted on them, and secondly, that this man's behaviour was appalling.
Thereafter. the rest of the staff, clearly aware of what had happened between myself and the manager, were cool to the point of being curt with me and my wife. It is as if the example of the boss was being transmitted downwards to all personnel.
Other reviewers have made reference to a receptionist called Abel. I had few dealings with him but my limited contact leads me to conclude that those other reviewers are correct - an arrogant and really rather rude young man, totally unsuited to the tourist industry.
With decent management and a total refurbishment of the accommodation, this could be a lovely hotel.
As it is presently set up and managed, if that is the right word, avoid this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: There isn't one
3  Thank DLP555

Dear guest,

I would like to reiterate my apologies if your stay was not as expected. The whole Ona Ogisaka Garden team strives daily to provide the best service and to provide maximum satisfaction to our customers.

We welcome suggestions and comments, thanks to them we can detect our weaknesses and at the same time, make improvements to our service.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future in order to show you our interest in satisfying our customers and our daily progress.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

It would have been a perfect score for this hotel except for the fact that the Internet availability was horrible - almost non existent - supposedly 2 codes needed per day per each of our computers. Bottom line, connections from our room didn't work. In this day & age this has to be unacceptable. That aside, the location, whilst a little out of town was walkable to the beach & marina, did have plenty of free road parking & was close to 2 supermarkets. The mini apartment was spotlessly clean and the kitchen was fully equipped if you wanted to cook at home. The washing machine was a bonus & seemed brand new. The pool area was great as was the gym & restaurant. We found the staff to be very knowledgeable and willing to help in any way they could. Hot shower - good maid service - towels changed every day. Excellent value via their "get four nights but only pay for three" package - but if you want access to today's technology - be prepared to struggle.

Room Tip: Near to Reception to get the Internet

Dear guest,

In regard to WIFI, we have worked to improve our service and we have installed optical fibre for our customers.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

If what you want is a fairly reasonable place to stay that is close to the town, beaches etc then it is fine. I celebrated my bithday whilst here and that was the reason for the trip but I just used it as a base as the choice of restaurants in Denia itself are always going to be far better and more plentiful...which they are. Our apartment was clean and tidy and only 250yds to the beach. The hotel is actually in a residential area and knowing Denia quite well I can imagine that this beach will be packed in the summer as it is very small and parking will be a problem as well when all the local Spanish come to town.
If I had paid a lot of money then I might have been disappointed however 3 nights for £105 is hardly breaking the bank! I cannot comment on the restaurant or the other facilities as I did not use them it but I can say that whilst we were there the staff were polite and friendly and certainly didnt try and get us to spend anymore money or do anything we didnt want to do!
For sure I would book again but only if the price was right...

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the time spent in sharing your opinion through TripAdvisor.
We are sure that your comments will help other users to enjoy their stay with us even more.
The whole Ona Ogisaka Garden team strives daily to fulfil the wishes of our guests and our ultimate reward is customer satisfaction.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel on your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel has lots of potential but the management don’t seem to care much about it. The overall state of the facility is just terrible; pool extremely dirty and algae’s all over, fitness center equipment all rusty and dirty, common areas need refreshment, room, although we were told it had been renovated lately it did not appear as it is furnished with old furniture, very small washroom and the food and the restaurant is some of the worse I have had in all of my travelling. The staffs at the front desk don’t seem to care much and are only interested on selling services. One good point to mention is the staff at their spa, they are very good and the services they provide are excellent. Also one of the best thing about the resort is its location, it is within walking distance to the center of Denia, the beaches, the marina, the Castle, the train and bus station, therefore if you are staying in Denia there is no need for a car however there is plenty of free parking around the hotel during the time we were there.

Room Tip: We were ther in September 2013 and they seemed to want to start cleaning the place a ittle, so I would recommend reading comments after september 2013.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Juste1

Dear guest,

On behalf of the whole team, I would like to thank you for the time you spent in sharing your experience in regard to your stay in Ona Ogisaka Garden, which I have noted with regret has not been to your complete liking.
Making our customers satisfied is our main objective; therefore, day after day the whole team strives to offer our customers a better service than that perhaps expected.
We look forward to welcoming you to Ona Ogisaka Garden in the near future in order to show you our daily progress.

Kindest regards,