“So sad to write this”
Review of Les Rotes Hotel

Les Rotes Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Denia
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am very sad to write this review especially when I read the very positive reviews on this site. None reflect my experience.
The staff are without exception, lovely. The restaurant is superb. The place is clean and well kept. It looks like everything you would expect on the website.
The first downside is the internet. Les Rotes is an area of Denia notorious for poor internet performance. Not the Hotel's fault but do expect issues. However my laptop constantly showed a site security issue message when trying to connect to the hotel's website and in the end would not connect at all. In the end neither would my ipad. Both machines connect happily all over the world and in spite of what the hotel said blaming my machines, they are wrong. I had no issues at another hotel. Accessing the Hotel site is a difficult obscure and frustrating process. If internet is important to you, do not stay at this hotel.
But worse was to come. My first room had a connecting door, the noise from the room next door was so bad, I asked to move. I could hear every word of the phone conversation next door and the TV being on far into the night as well as some loud snoring that kept me awake. The hotel did respond to this and moved me. I asked for a quiet room. At first it seemed Ok. The Hotel was light on guests, but then some guests arrived. They were not especially noisy in their own right, but it revealed the Hotels worst feature. It has very little acoustic insulation, the walls might as well not be there and you might as well be staying in an open plan dormitory. You will hear, gentle or rumbustious snoring, you will hear bodily functions from the neighbours bathroom, you will hear phone conversations, you will hear general conversation, you will hear electrical appliances being plugged in, and you will hear people all around you having sex. I could hear that going on above me and to either side. You will hear TVs not just next door but from rooms further away. You will hear the clattering of footsteps above and outside in the corridors. I could even hear people carousing until 4.00 am in the bar downstairs. Furthermore, when toilets flushed upstairs it sounded like my bathroom had flooded. It had not of course, but you will hear every type of plumbing in this hotel from showers to running water. It was quite the noisiest hotel I have stayed in for some time.
I am not an especially light sleeper but this is not a Hotel I could even get to sleep in without being woken constantly, until everyone else had gone to sleep.
The Hotel did respond well to my checking out early and refunded me my money. That shows the staff are decent people.
Would I recommend this Hotel? Absolutely not. I am surprised it has so many positive reviews too.

Room Tip: Refuse a room with a connecting door unless you need that. Balcony rooms might well be very noisy wh...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank JohnnyEnglishman
MRhotels, Director General at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for the time employed writing your opinion, we are very glad to read that you liked our hotel, the attention provided to you, and that you enjoyed the restaurant in spite of the noise problems.
As you say, we usually are receiving positive reviews, rarely we have noise problems with guest, but if it happen, we automatically move the guest to another quiet room.
your experience is very strange , because we never have had every noise you have mentioned, you have mentioned so much strange noises, that don't usually happen in such a quiet hotel (only 30 rooms) however we are very sorry about this inconvenience.
We hope to see you in your next visit to Denia ,we will provide you the perfect bedroom for you.
Kind regards
Carmen Marti

There are newer reviews for Les Rotes Hotel

Reviewed 22 January 2014

After a long hard drive through France and Spain we used this Hotel for a night to avoid a rough ferry crossing to Ibiza. I am really pleased we did as I will make a point of going back. This Hotel really deserves your support as it suceeds in all the main areas and has a really good value wine list which came in handy! I have lived and worked in Spain for over twenty years and this is now one of my favourite Hotels, enjoy your stay, we did. N.B they offer a 10% discount if you have a ferry booking receipt.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Les Rotes after your drive through France and Spain and for sharing your experience with us.

We are very pleased to read that you will make a poing of coming back and we love that we are now "one of your favourite hotels".

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your return to Hotel Les Rotes.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have stayed here twice recently and enjoyed both stays. The hotel is located in the Les Rotes area of Denia and is approx 4km from the centre of Denia (depending on exactly where you consider the centre of Denia to be) so a hire car is very handy. It's also about a 15 minute drive over the Montgo to Javea.

Reception were friendly and welcoming and provided us with any information we requested. Outside the grounds of the hotel are very pleasant and there's a huge Swimming Pool which was far too cold to use in November & December. The car park is fairly small and whilst we had no problems finding a space I expect it becomes more difficult during the summer.

The rooms were pleasant and well furnished with modern, well stocked bathrooms. The only minor complaints we would have is that there are no english language TV channels (except BBC News) and there were no Tea/Coffee making facilities. Although the hotel was very quiet both times we stayed the usual paper thin walls were obvious when there was someone in the room next door.

We ate in the restaurant a couple of times in the evenings with mixed outcomes. Some food was perfectly well done but on one occassion my wife had a very poor quality piece of Steak that was full of fat and gristle and it was not cooked to her request either. The choice of menu was also a little limited although probably not out of keeping for this size of hotel. Breakfast was fine with a reasonable choice of hot and cold food.

The bar area was very pleasant and I can imagine its very nice in the summer when they have all the doors open to the outside terrace. We also found the price of the drinks very reasonable for a hotel bar.

Overall this is a perfectly pleasant hotel which is quietly tucked away but with little to do in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HighWycombeTraveller
Reviewed 2 November 2013

a nice, small hotel with nice food, good service and a friendly staff. We stayed here for the second time and stayed for a few nights. we still like the place very much and we will for certain come back again

Room Tip: great place for staying a few days
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Dear Erwin,

thank you for staying with us once again at Hotel Les Rotes and for your kind review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your comments with regards to our "good service and friendly staff".

We love that you won't hesitate to return to our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

For a reason we were this year the fourth time here: The hotel and the restaurant are outstanding! Very friendly staff, nice accomodation (we are normally booking the separated rooms with terrace and jacuzzi) and fresh and tasty food in the restaurant. We hope it will stay on this level and we will come back - for sure.

Room Tip: As stated in the comment, this hotel has rooms available which are a bit separated, like one room ho...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a lovely review here on Tripadvisor following your last stay with us.

We are very happy to have welcomed you to our hotel four times this year and that you consider Hotel Les Rotes and the restaurant "outstanding". We are glad that you enjoyed the room you always stay in.

We do hope that as you mentioned, we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Top class stuff our clients have told us when on viewing trips with Hello2spain.com that the staff couldn't be nicer. les Rotes is a hidden gem lots of walks.If you are looking for authentic Spain then look no further!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Louise,

I was pleased to read your complimentary review and I would like to thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

The whole team here at the hotel really works together to go an extra mile to provide memorable experiences for our guests and am glad you experienced this.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at "the hidden gem lots of walks".

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had a brief stay here in September 2013 (room 201). The hotel is situated on the outskirts of Denia, near the sea but not with a sea view as such (you can peek at the Mediterranean through the trees). Thers is a very nice swimming pool with plenty of seating, and a spacious lounge. The room was quite large, the bed very comfortable, the walk-in shower good and the room lighting excellent. The air conditioning also worked well. The receptionist (David) was really helpful, and arranged taxis efficiently. It seems to me fair value, and I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Andy Hayler
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Andy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed the suite you stayed in and I would like to thank you for your comments about the staff, in particular, about David. Rest assured that your kind comments were shared with him who was very pleased that his service is not going unnoticed and is being recognised by our guests.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.