“Always a pleasure”
Review of Les Rotes Hotel

Les Rotes Hotel
Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Denia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The location, set a block back from the beach is fine. We love the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and well designed. The staff are keen and welcoming. The restaurant was excellent, both for dinner and for the extensive breakfast. A good bar, with good choices. The pool and terrace areas are calm and private.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew D
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2014

Dear Andrew,
Thank you for you review, always is a pleasure receive guest like you, thank you for enjoying our hotel and the place where we are situated.
We hope to see you soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here recently on a weeks break. Nice hotel on the outskirts of Denia. It is possible to walk to town and it is very pleasant walking along the foreshore, but realistically you need a car or be prepared to use local taxies, ( at 10€ a go ).

Friendly staff, larger than average outside swimming pool, plenty of sun beds, Internet a bit "Scrappy" but enough to get by, good breakfast and the evening meal I tried was good. Plenty of parking with over flow parking available.

Room was very nice, large, clean, whirlpool bath and separate shower cubicle - only thing missing Coffee making facilities..

One thing let it down for me - getting a drink while lounging at the pool was a chore, no one stationed at the bar so you end up having to chase up staff doing other jobs,it just became a pain. Which actually meant that I spent a lot less than I normally would at the Hotel. Someone having a little look even every hour or so, to see if anyone on the sunbeds wants a drink / snack or not would have made it an even better stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cymru13

Dear Guest, thank you for the time you got to write here, we are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and the restaurant.
Thanks for the remarks given.
Hope to see you in your next visit to Denia

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for only 3 nights as visiting family staying locally.

Had a garden room with terrace & hot tub and loved this but certainly agree with other reviews with regards to sound carrying and little disturbing. Also had a lot of bites and wonder if this due to room I. Garden area. When asked they did supply a plug in repellant.

Apart from that we loved the hotel, the staff were friendly and helpful.

Great cocktail before going out and nice cold beer to enjoy by the pool. Found the restaurant to be good for evening meal. Breakfast was relaxed and not well manned so it was a help yourself type arrangement but this suited us.

The seafront is very near and nice walk directly along, all the way to denia (about 2 miles) or reception can arrange a taxi which costs about 10 euros.

The pool area was very relaxing and reception will supply towels if asked.

Would return to this hotel if back in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank HelenReigate
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write your opinion, as we see, you were pleased with your stay, and we love it.
You could see that we were situated near the sea and surrounded by vegetation and mountain, it has the inconvenience of having mosquitoes, especially this year.
we would like to see you again enjoying the pool, breakfast, and meals.
We will be very pleased to receive you in your next visit to Denia.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights in february ,2014. It was a nice experience. the staff are really friendly and helpfull in every possible way. the views are great. it is a perfect place for quiet and relaxing vacation. you need a car togo to denia or other places, Although the hotel has bicycles and a smart car to use or rent.
I would recommend this hote for falilies also, the children would enjoy swiming pool.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank alshaheen
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Mr. Alshaheen,

thank you for posting such a lovely review here on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. We very much appreciate you taking the time to comment in this way.

I was very pleased to read that the staff are really friendly and helpfull in every possible way. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the team and they were all delighted to hear your compliments.

We are looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back hopefully in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I am very sad to write this review especially when I read the very positive reviews on this site. None reflect my experience.
The staff are without exception, lovely. The restaurant is superb. The place is clean and well kept. It looks like everything you would expect on the website.
The first downside is the internet. Les Rotes is an area of Denia notorious for poor internet performance. Not the Hotel's fault but do expect issues. However my laptop constantly showed a site security issue message when trying to connect to the hotel's website and in the end would not connect at all. In the end neither would my ipad. Both machines connect happily all over the world and in spite of what the hotel said blaming my machines, they are wrong. I had no issues at another hotel. Accessing the Hotel site is a difficult obscure and frustrating process. If internet is important to you, do not stay at this hotel.
But worse was to come. My first room had a connecting door, the noise from the room next door was so bad, I asked to move. I could hear every word of the phone conversation next door and the TV being on far into the night as well as some loud snoring that kept me awake. The hotel did respond to this and moved me. I asked for a quiet room. At first it seemed Ok. The Hotel was light on guests, but then some guests arrived. They were not especially noisy in their own right, but it revealed the Hotels worst feature. It has very little acoustic insulation, the walls might as well not be there and you might as well be staying in an open plan dormitory. You will hear, gentle or rumbustious snoring, you will hear bodily functions from the neighbours bathroom, you will hear phone conversations, you will hear general conversation, you will hear electrical appliances being plugged in, and you will hear people all around you having sex. I could hear that going on above me and to either side. You will hear TVs not just next door but from rooms further away. You will hear the clattering of footsteps above and outside in the corridors. I could even hear people carousing until 4.00 am in the bar downstairs. Furthermore, when toilets flushed upstairs it sounded like my bathroom had flooded. It had not of course, but you will hear every type of plumbing in this hotel from showers to running water. It was quite the noisiest hotel I have stayed in for some time.
I am not an especially light sleeper but this is not a Hotel I could even get to sleep in without being woken constantly, until everyone else had gone to sleep.
The Hotel did respond well to my checking out early and refunded me my money. That shows the staff are decent people.
Would I recommend this Hotel? Absolutely not. I am surprised it has so many positive reviews too.

Room Tip: Refuse a room with a connecting door unless you need that. Balcony rooms might well be very noisy wh...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank JohnnyEnglishman
MRhotels, Director General at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

Dear customer,
Thank you for the time employed writing your opinion, we are very glad to read that you liked our hotel, the attention provided to you, and that you enjoyed the restaurant in spite of the noise problems.
As you say, we usually are receiving positive reviews, rarely we have noise problems with guest, but if it happen, we automatically move the guest to another quiet room.
your experience is very strange , because we never have had every noise you have mentioned, you have mentioned so much strange noises, that don't usually happen in such a quiet hotel (only 30 rooms) however we are very sorry about this inconvenience.
We hope to see you in your next visit to Denia ,we will provide you the perfect bedroom for you.
Kind regards
Carmen Marti

Reviewed 22 January 2014

After a long hard drive through France and Spain we used this Hotel for a night to avoid a rough ferry crossing to Ibiza. I am really pleased we did as I will make a point of going back. This Hotel really deserves your support as it suceeds in all the main areas and has a really good value wine list which came in handy! I have lived and worked in Spain for over twenty years and this is now one of my favourite Hotels, enjoy your stay, we did. N.B they offer a 10% discount if you have a ferry booking receipt.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
MRhotels, Director Comercial at Les Rotes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us at Hotel Les Rotes after your drive through France and Spain and for sharing your experience with us.

We are very pleased to read that you will make a poing of coming back and we love that we are now "one of your favourite hotels".

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your return to Hotel Les Rotes.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have stayed here twice recently and enjoyed both stays. The hotel is located in the Les Rotes area of Denia and is approx 4km from the centre of Denia (depending on exactly where you consider the centre of Denia to be) so a hire car is very handy. It's also about a 15 minute drive over the Montgo to Javea.

Reception were friendly and welcoming and provided us with any information we requested. Outside the grounds of the hotel are very pleasant and there's a huge Swimming Pool which was far too cold to use in November & December. The car park is fairly small and whilst we had no problems finding a space I expect it becomes more difficult during the summer.

The rooms were pleasant and well furnished with modern, well stocked bathrooms. The only minor complaints we would have is that there are no english language TV channels (except BBC News) and there were no Tea/Coffee making facilities. Although the hotel was very quiet both times we stayed the usual paper thin walls were obvious when there was someone in the room next door.

We ate in the restaurant a couple of times in the evenings with mixed outcomes. Some food was perfectly well done but on one occassion my wife had a very poor quality piece of Steak that was full of fat and gristle and it was not cooked to her request either. The choice of menu was also a little limited although probably not out of keeping for this size of hotel. Breakfast was fine with a reasonable choice of hot and cold food.

The bar area was very pleasant and I can imagine its very nice in the summer when they have all the doors open to the outside terrace. We also found the price of the drinks very reasonable for a hotel bar.

Overall this is a perfectly pleasant hotel which is quietly tucked away but with little to do in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple