“Swiss hospitality at it's very best!”
Review of Hotel Uzwil

Hotel Uzwil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Uzwil
Bengaluru, India
“Swiss hospitality at it's very best!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was on business for 11 days; and never missed home - thanks to the especially nice staff at Hotel Uzwil. They were very friendly and accommodative. I had special diet requirements and they were eager to help. They warmed up the pre-cooked meals I carried from India and served it in the restaurant with a smile! They have some great beers flowing - do try the wheat beer..it's wunderbar!

The overall ambience of the reception area and the restaurant spells class. The classic room is well appointed - minibar, desk, a sofa - mine had a Kings bed which was very comfortable.

I would rate this hotel 100/10!

Room Tip: Perhaps, the ones not facing the train station are a little quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Anil R
RolandRhyner, Manager at Hotel Uzwil, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to evaluate your recent stay at the Hotel Uzwil.

It is a pleasure for us to hear that you felt comfortable and that you enjoyed your time here in Uzwil – especially our friendly and accommodative team, the overall ambience as well as the well appointed room.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again to the Hotel Uzwil very soon. In the meantime we wish you the very best.

Yours sincerely,
Roland Rhyner, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Serbian first
UK
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Situated by the railway station the Hotel Uzwil is a small business style hotel. The reception is modern in style with a complementary coffee and snack area. The room I booked was the ‘Classic’ option which was the cheapest style, it was medium in size with a small work area and flat screen TV, minibar, the bathroom was modern with a shower. The room faced the railway station so the view wasn’t the greatest but I was not disturbed by any train sound what so ever. Because I had not traveled to Uzwil previously I also booked the half-board option which seemed to be good value for money. Although I was only offered one option the food was to my taste and excellent, however I do think I could have picked something from the menu for not much more in cost. There are several other restaurants and take-away establishments in the area so one is not limited just to the hotel restaurant. Breakfast was self-service with hot and cold options, one nice touch was self-service freshly squeezed orange juice. There is a small bar but I didn’t visit so can’t offer an opinion. Free Wi-Fi is also available. I liked this hotel, it was very comfortable and the hotel staff professional and friendly. However I must say the price I paid for a room is perhaps the on the higher side on what I would normally pay, never the less I would recommend this hotel for business and pleasure and would have no hesitation to stay here again.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have a better view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelsanman
RolandRhyner, General Manager at Hotel Uzwil, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed description and the nice feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel Uzwil.

Your compliment about our professional and friendly staff makes us very proud.

We are pleased to read that you were satisfied with the décor, our services and facilities and our breakfast and dinner at the Brasserie Allegra.

All our rates depend on the demand level in Uzwil. Usually we can offer lower rates during weekends and holiday season.

We would appreciate to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Leicester
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Lovely clean hotel, with everything you could want for a comfortable visit.

Room was very large, bathroom large and clean and all little toiletries you need when travelling light

Restaurant food is really good, compliments to an inventive chef and the restaurant staff are very friendly and helpful, try the Swiss red wine I found it very smooth and mellow.

The bar was very quiet in the evenings bust was friendly and comfortable for a drink before dinner.

The hotel is directly next to the train station so is very convenient if you want to travel around as I did, I did not hear the trains at all in my room.

This hotel is especially recommended for business trips, very efficient and offering a nice early breakfast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank PaulineLeicester
RolandRhyner, General Manager at Hotel Uzwil, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Mrs. Leicester,

we are very happy about your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is good to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and enjoyed our location, facilities and amenities - and liked our service at Brasserie Allegra and Tabasco Bar.

Hope to see you soon again at the Hotel Uzwil.

Very best regards

Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is one excellent hotel, great and very friendly staff! After a long trip only thing for wich I am very happy is that I know I ll have a good rest and nice sleep in hotel Uzwil, because hotel is very clean, quiet and comfortable!The restaurant service and food are great! All the best in future!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Nasiha I
RolandRhyner, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Uzwil, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Mrs. Nasiha,

thank for your recent stay with us and the positve feedback received. We always share guest comments with all our team members, and it is nice to share good news.

We are happy to learn that you appreciate our property as your home away from home and look forward to welcome you back at Hotel Uzwil in the near future

Best regards,

Roland Rhyner, General Manager
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Overall excellent quality and service. Great value for the money. From the very courteous and professional staff to the modern and well decorated rooms, this is a great hotel to stay in. Service quality is excellent and always consistent.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Jonathan A
RolandRhyner, General Manager at Hotel Uzwil, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Dear Jonathan,

Many thanks for your kind comments about our Hotel Uzwil. We are delighted that you were satisfied with our team, the services delivered and the contemporary design.

It would be great to welcome you back with us soon!

Best regards,

Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2011

This is the first time I've decided to review a hotel. I use Tripadvisor quite often to determine where I will stay. This hotel was picked by my husband's employer so I wasn't sure what to expect. Very happy to discover that Hotel Uzwil was very clean, quiet (even though is right next to the train) and comfortable. Breakfast was typical European continental style with meats, cheeses, breads, yogurts and cereals. They also had hard boiled eggs. We were here for 5 nights and the hotel staff was always pleasant and they were very quick to want to clean our room. You can walk just about anywhere within the town that you would need to go, ie train station, grocery store, restaurants. We rented a car and I was able to drive 10 minutes down the highway to the mall (Ikea). If you need to stay in the Uzwil, St. Gallen area then I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank Karaoke_Mom72
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 7 December 2010

Stayed for 2 nights in this newly furbished hotel in Uzwil. Except problems with emails sending everything was in order. Rooms are quite well decorated and bed quality very good. The restaurant serves very good food and staff is quite friendly in this hotel

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
8 Thank guru52
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uzwil
Hotel Saentispark
Hotel-Restaurant Freihof
Hotel Newstar
Hotel Newstar
#6 of 18 in St. Gallen

Been to Hotel Uzwil? Share your experiences!