“Needs a makeover.”

Ranked #73 of 83 Restaurants in Hisaronu
Cuisines: European, Turkish
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A lovely terrace Restaurant. We offer to our customers very special Turkish meals and European cuisine as well. Friendly atmosphere,Friendly staff, and good service.... You are welcome. -Manager İhsan Erdogan
london
“Needs a makeover.”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I have read the reviews on this website and visited many restaurants whilst in Hisaronu.
For me Oziboo was the least enjoyable experience of the lot. With so many good places to eat we felt annoyed at having gone there. The food was no better than what you would expect from a local cafe. My lamb shank, although well cooked was in a sauce that tasted like gravy granules. My girlfriend's special resembled a goulash rather than the intended dish. The waiter was eccentric. I found him amusing... my girlfriend did not. He would not leave her plate alone which meant our conversations were cut short. The place does need a lick of paint BUT I only began to notice the decor because the food was average and the whole experience flat. With so many restaurants, you sometimes only get one chance to make an impression. Unfortunately we got a bad one.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank jediknight79

lucyd84
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of the best”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This was one of the best meal we had over there and would definitely recommend it. The staff all very friendly but not in your face. The atmosphere was very laid back and although there was loud music coming from across the road it was it easy listening stuff not the usual karaoke or booming dance music you nnormally hear so we didnt mind it. Also unlike the other restaurants oziboos werent trying to compete by playing their own music really loud and didnt have any on which made a nice change.
The food was amazing and the portions were huge. The chicken wings starter was to die for as the sauce was so amazing. I had the oziboo special chicken which was like a chicken casserole but with loads of veg like aubegine carrot etc and loads of chicken. The portion was so big it was overflowing!
Will definitely go back next time were over!

• Visited July 2011
UK
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

Having read some of the recent reviews we decided to give this place a try even though when in Hisaronu last year they didn't seem to have one customer in the 10 days we were there. Glad we went though because the food was excellent, we shared borek as a starter then each had a steak and every mouthful was savoured. Will definitely add it to my list of restaurants when we next visit.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank FellowCromwellian
London, United Kingdom
“Best meal of the week”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We thought this was the best meal we had all week, very authentic and lots of different Turkish dishes compared to the other restaurants. Just what we was looking for. Thoroughly recommend going.

• Visited June 2011
Manchester UK
“Nice enough food and attentive service but spoiled by the noisy kareoke bars nearby, so not relaxing.”
Reviewed 30 May 2011

The food was OK. I ordered an 'Ottoman' Special, which came with chips ?! Modern Turkey does seem to love chips, at least in tourist areas, but I wondered how authenically 'Ottoman' that was. The atmosphere was spoiled by the noisy Kareoke bars nearby - not a relaxing place to have a meal. I would suggest that if you want peace and quiet while you eat, then head away from the main drag because all of the restaurants nearby have much the same problem.

• Visited May 2011