Marmaris Resort Deluxe Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Hisaronu
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Halici Hotel(Marmaris)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We paid over £2000 for 3 of us to go hear when we arrived it was late at nite our booking form said sea views but when we got up our view was the main road outside the front of the hotel. We got a family room which had an adjoining room for our daughter it had two single beds but when she moved one the leg had fell off so that bed was no good also our room was right next to the lift so it was very noisy. The food was not really catered for the British in the morning but the outside kitchen was made fresh in front of you. There is no entertainment for young adults in the evening, we went all inclusive which I thought you would get everything but you had to pay for ice cream and slush puppies. This hotel is over run by Russians and is in the middle of no wear so if you are any other nationality don't go hear as you are 20mins from normality. The only thing I would rate 5star is the view otherwise I would only rate this a 3 star .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Gail652
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

If you are British PLEASE DO NOT stay at this Hotel. The brochure does not show how disgustingly filthy the place is. Within one hour of being there we asked to move hotel. It was another day before we could, so we had nothing to eat until 3pm the next day. The second hotel we were put in was no better. We had to eat out all the time. Both these hotels were more like 2 star. Even the locals agreed with us. My partner works 50 hrs a week, he so needed a break but was more stressful than being at work. Thank you Thomas Cook for nothing. This is a true and honest statement. We have stayed in some beautiful hotels in Turkey, but these were both like Russian Butlins Holiday Camps.

• Stayed: October 2013
9  Thank Spottydog777
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Before I came here I read all the reviews and thought typical moaning, I bet its lovely it says 5 stars after all. Well read the reviews and believe them, don't make the mistake we did.

Firstly this hotel is very odd. The staff are extremely rude- if you dare to ask a question they shoo you away with their hands and ask you what? not how can I help you? the answer to almost everything is no. There was one night that my friend needed the doctor as she was unwell, I was told to go to the doctors office downstairs. I knocked and the doctor came out with an unbuttoned shirt and shouted "what do you want?" Soon the thought of cash made him nicer when he charged 100 pounds just to examine my friend in our hotel room. Terrible, rude and inconsiderate.

Most of the people here are Russian and there are no English people and if you are English people stare at you as though you are odd including the staff.

The hotel room is not 5 star at all I would say 3 the bed is absolutely awful like sleeping on a stone and you only get one pillow each including one flimsy blanket for the whole bed which does not even reach over the whole bed. The shower in the bathroom had mold in the tiles like it needed a good scrub and around the tap underneath was filthy. The tv also has very bad signal. Our ceiling had mold on it and our wallpaper had been ripped off in areas.

The hotel it's self is ok it has a bad weird atmosphere with very old fashioned decorations. You can get some wifi in the lobby it is very bad though.

The food is by no means al la carte apparently there are two al la carte restaurants but they were no where to be found only a buffet. The food was gross and made me sick there is no hygiene, where you get the water it has dirty marks where it says push and I watched the cook push pasta back in the tray when it had gone in the table, you can also serve your self to bread which anyone can pick up and cut putting all there hands on it, The knifes and forks are very dirty with bits of food stuck in them and dirty water marks around the glasses.

The hotel is also very boring, there are no activities and boring most of the time, all you can do is sit by the pool and eat. The pool bar has some music but it is not night entertainment as they say. But the music at night is very loud and will stop you getting any sleep at all it goes on well past midnight where you can hear every word to every song. They always pester you in the day as well to go for a massage for good rates and we were chased by a photographer who wanted to take pictures of us all the time.

Don't change currency here either they are very against it they do not want to change it for you the make it very difficult. Actually anything you ask them they make difficult like its a chore. You can get better currency rates in the town it's almost tax free.

The alcohol is very bad the wine is like battery acid and a gin and tonic is local gin with water and ice. the beer is good though.

This is not the hotels fault but there are many bees everywhere I'm sure you will get stung.

The views are nice that is all I can say.

Good luck if you go here you are going to need it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Daniela S
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I've been to Marmaris Resort and Spa, and I liked it, though the hotel is certainly not a 5-star hotel. So, my parents insisted on the same place, but we decided to chose the Deluxe (the most expensive rooms - Jaccuzzi Deluxe), and paid about twice as more, than for the Resort and Spa. An that was big mistake. The territory is new and they haven't finished its decoration. The most expensive rooms were near the Disco, which worked every night till 1.30-2.00 am, and the walls of those nice bungalow didn't help absolutely. We jumped on the bed becasuse the sound was as loud as if we were near the acoustic system. A manager offered us to move to the cheaper rooms, where the sound was not as loud as there, but certainly without any compensation.
Lotus restaurant! That was something... strange. They bring there the food from the main restaurant and the waiters bring you the food you asked (ususally you can spend over 30 minutes waiting). The portions are not large, and when my father asked for some pancakes after the eggs for the breakfast, they seemed astonished and nervous about it. The same was with the UAI. If they think you don't know anything about cocktails, they can bring you a terrible mixture of many different drinks. So, you have to tell them several times, that you want the particular drink, which has the certain compounds. The bar usually doesn't have many of the drinks, and a barman tries not to show the drinks card/menu.
The hotel develops, but they really built more rooms, than the have places on the beach. I saw several conflicts between people who couldn't find a place for the rest on the beach.
The room service was also not very good. For the first two days they simply forgot to clean the room of my parents. We had to call for a manager thrice. And even them they forgot to clean the bathroom and jaccuzzi.
Animation team. Physical activities were fine (but at the territory of the Resort and Spa). Evening shows were terrible. Bad jokes, "old-fashioned-wedding-style" competitions etc. They seemed to be really more lazy rather than unprofessional.
The sea and the sun, the weather and nature were perfect. But we were really dissapointed about the hotel. Too much money for nothing. Resort and Spa is better because you pay less and you don't wait for the better facilities.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jane B
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here originally but left after 2 days to be down graded rather than stay there any longer.

The resort is beautiful and rooms fantastic.

Most of the staff do not speak English, we were the only British couple staying there and we treated like we had leprosy.

The staff were rude and aggressive and were only interested in the Russian visitors.

The food was awful and was of poor standard a 3 star at very best or if you like cold chips, rice with loads of water and over cooked chicken you wil be fine.

Thomas crook ( not a spelling mistake who we booked with) did not have a rep there or did not advertise the fact that the hotel did not cater for english speaking guests and were not particularly bothered.

We paid full price for a bit of luxury after a dreadfully stressful year to endure more stress.
We felt like second class citzens rather than guests of a luxury hotel.

The final insult came after we attended the reception desk to explain we wanted to leave as we were treated badly.

The receptionist a simply tutted and took our keys and turned her back on us without even asking why we wanted to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013