“only had drinks”

Dining options: After-hours
Crewe, United Kingdom
“only had drinks”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went to this bar most days for a cold beer I never ate there but the food that I saw being served looked great but even though I just went for drinks the service was superb and the glasses and beer was ice cold and as soon as they saw your drink empty or glass thawing out they were over to u with another drink or frozen glass excellent.

Visited August 2013

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“It's a bar with basic food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

They should do a bar more than a restaurant i think. Basic food with cheesy staff. Not impressed. There are far better places around.

1 Thank Blueskyer
“Two pieces of meat in a curry!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Dont go here if your hungry, if this was a caribbean restaurant in the UK it wouldnt last two minutes with such ridiculously small meals and hardly any meat, i ordered curry goat, that had two small lumps of meat in it, portion control is so tight you leave hungry, there are far better restaurants in hisaronu and ovacik, one being Angora opposite taxi rank coming out of hisaronu towards ovacik. I think Burt relies on white people who dont have much idea what caribbean food is all about for his trade.Rip off dont both peeps.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Laura G
bert77_12, Owner at Calypso Bar, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
First of all I must say thank you to all the lovely people that we've met along the way and all the great reviews that we've had so far.I must say that its not easy being different in a place where every one follows the trend.
Am using this opportunity as a way of showing my appreciation,not as a direct response to the review in question.
I want to make it quite clear that we are not and never claimed to be a Caribbean Restaurant.
We opened as a live music Bar,but have been asked to do something with a Caribbean flavor,so we did.We now have a normal simple menu but still different from everyone else.
I respond to this with a smile because i know you can't please everyone.As for two pieces of meat in the curry,seriously!!!!!! I've decided to write a song.By the way he said it wasn't enough so we had the chef make him another portion.At least he didn't say the food was bad .Thank you for that sir.
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Reggae rules!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

A great night out. Bert always provides a great mix of West Indian calypso and reggae. With a few bottles of Efes a great evening.

Visited June 2014
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Lovely place, lovely people ..... and Bert the Reggae Ambassador! Well worth a visit ..... no matter how old you are!

Visited June 2014