“Six islands boat trip.”
Review of Hisaronu

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Bramhall
3 helpful votes
“Six islands boat trip.”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We did this trip with Focus Tours. It was very good value, £6 each including lunch. You board on Olu Deniz beach at 10.30. Do be warned though this can be tricky even if you're fit as the waves move the walkway that you need to get on, the guys do give you some help though. It was a very relaxing and scenic trip which stopped 6 times for you to swim or go on the pebble beach. Although they call it six islands, I think it is 6 beaches! There was plenty of space on the top deck to sunbath, although we stayed below as my husband gets sea sick ! A tip if you are a sufferer - stay below and sit as near to the middle as you can, it's more stable. You arrive back about 6, again be careful getting off the boat, it is as precarious as getting on! Great trip though!

1 Thank PetandColBramhall
Benfleet, England, United Kingdom
16 helpful votes
“Summer Jam, Best Bar in Hisaronu”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Came home a few weeks ago from our first ever holiday to Turkey and we are already looking to book for next year. The Summer Jam Bar is the place to be in Hisaronu for all the family, with the early evening game's and Karaoke warming everyone up for a night of dancing till the early hours, the friendly staff encourage you to join them with the fun dance routines on stag, while DJ Tolga and Angle will make you feel so welcome, you will not want to go home, but will definitely want to come back.

5 Thank Samantha H
Exeter, United Kingdom
13 helpful votes
“Hisaronu”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We are a party of 7 who have just returned from a week in Hisaronu. There was myself, my partner, my 26 yr old daughter and her partner, and my step children aged 17, 14 and 13. We all loved it - there really is something for everyone. We are not people to just sit around a hotel complex for the entire holiday and believe in seeing and experiencing as much as possible.

Hisaronu itself is an ideal location. It benefits from gorgeous mountain breezes which you don't get in the lower regions of Fethiye or Olu Deniz which were both on average 10 degrees warmer than Hisaronu itself.

We stayed in a gorgeous villa, Villa Babadag which is a leisurely 10 minute walk from the main drag of Hisaronu. The villa itself is very spacious (sleeps up to 10), has a lovely garden and pool and amazing views of Babadag Mountain. You can sit on the roof terrace and watch the paragliders coming off the top of the mountain - it was an awesome site. The villa is in a great location, just far enough away from the bright lights and noise of the main drag if you feel the need to avoid that. It has a 24 hour shop just down the road and there are some excellent restaurants within a 5 minute walk (Barracuda, Pinar Gardens, Mercan). Gregg, the owner, called a couple of times before the holiday and provided invaluable advice - thanks Gregg.

The dolmus buses run from the end of the road and you can go to Olu Deniz or Fethiye for a few lira.

We arranged our airport transfers and trips through Tiny Akropol. The service was fantastic - so smooth! Pick ups for the day trips were just so easy - just opposite the villa at Ali Babas Jeep Safari garage. We also used Seaside Travel and Easy Riders (Jack Sparrow) for a couple of activities and got excellent service from these guys too.

The market in Hisaronu is good fun - a good place to haggle and have a banter.

On the way back from the market, just over the road, is a nice little cafe called Hangi Pangis. A really nice guy (Serkan) and his mum run it and nothing was too much trouble for them. We all became very good friends. On our last evening they gave us a bag of fresh peaches and figs from their garden and water for the journey home. Really lovely, genuine people.

Prepare yourselves for sensory overload on the main strip of Hisaronu. There is so much to see and hear - great fun. Enjoy a banter with everyone but be careful where you shop and what you end up paying. My daughter was ripped off in a sweet shop toward the bottom of the strip called Thorntons Turkish Delight. We were given apple tea and a load of chat by a young chap called Ali which was all very nice, but she ended up paying 26 lira for a tub of sweets which ended up being just 5 lira in Azda. When we saw him later that day he and his manager became very rude and cheeky about it saying there was nothing we could do about it! So I would avoid that place in future.

All the bars and restaurants on the strip will try and drag you in with offers of a 10% discount or freebie cocktails. Some of the clubs and bars have guys dancing on tables which you can watch from some of the restaurants - all good fun.

We visited Paspatur in the old part of Fethiye. There is a big fish market which is surrounded by a myriad of restaurants. You buy your fish and get one of the restaurants to cook it for you. They serve it with salad and bread (for about 6 or 7 lira on top of the cost of the fish). If you aren't into fish, they also do the usual chicken, meatball, kebab dfishes etc. We then had a wander around the shops which are all under cover.

It really is a beautiful little area which is well worth a visit.

We did various day trips and again I will just give my honest opinion and advice here for each one we tried.

Saklikent Gorge/YakaPark/Tlos: The first place you stop is a carpet factory. You can watch the local women weaving rugs and you get an overview of the process/costs etc. All in all you are there for about an hour and a half! You then get to the Gorge which is amazing. I would recommend buying a pair of waterproof shoes with good soles and straps - flip flops will not do. You can hire a pair for a couple of lira but they aren't very comfortable and you will feel every pebble! Also ladies, do not take a long handled bag! You need to cross water to get into the gorge itself - I am 5'8" and the water came up to my bum. So it was tricky trying to keep my balance in fast flowing water and hold my bag above my head. On the way over I grabbed the nearest hand I could find and ended up paying 5 lira for the privelege!

From the gorge you go on to Yaka Park for lunch. It is a lovely location and the food was sufficient. You can tickle the trout at the bar and see the trout farm or you can just lounge around in tree houses with cushions after lunch. We would have liked to stay around here for a little longer, but the schedule of the day didn't permit - probably would have done if it weren't for the carpet factory!

From the here you go on to Tlos which are some ruins before heading back.

Our guide was a great guy with a brilliant sense of humour and a lot of knowledge.

All in all a great day out with the exception of the carpet factory which I feel deprived me of extra time at the gorge and Yaka Park.

Sunset Cruise: A short trip to Olu Deniz to jump on the boat. There is a bar on the boat (you pay for your own drinks) and after a short sail you anchor up to watch the sun set. You get local Turkish guys on jetskis racing around the boat vying and posing for your business. You can swim in the sea if you wish or just enjoy bobbing on the boat. We then sailed on before stopping for dinner (again, the food was sufficient). We then went ashore of a small island where the guides built a bonfire and we danced and partied on the beach. /There was a professional photographer onboard and I really wished we'd taken his services as his pictures were variable and good quality.

A very pleasant way to spend the evening and the bonfire on the beach was great fun.

Dalyan: We were picked up by coach and our first stop was a gold centre. Can't comment too much on this as I refused to be led around again by a smooth talking salesman. I only headed for the loo and exit! Again, I feel these sales stops detract from the purpose of the trips!

We then got to Dalyan where we boarded a boat which took us on an idyllic cruise along the river.

We then stopped at the mud bath - an experience and a half! Try it - you might like it!

From there it was back on the boat for another short cruise before having lunch. Again, you pay for your own drinks. The food was plentiful and tasty.

From there it was back on the boat to cruise past the Lycian Tombs - fascinating stuff and very impressive. We then went on to Turtle beach to swim in the Med which was amazingly warm. Then we crossed the small lake to see and feed the giant turtles (yes, you do really see them - fantastic experience).

Then it's back on the boat to go meet the coach back. Again, there was a professional photographer on this trip who took hundreds of natural photos at all locations. An absolute bargain at about £14 in my opinion - he even gave us extra photos of the tombs and turtles for our collection.

Our guide was great - really funny and knowledgeable.

This was an amazing day out - worth every penny.

Camel Trekking: My partner took his kids out for the morning and they went into the mountains to a small gypsy village known as Ghost Village. They were introduced to the camels (Molly and Linda). They rode the camels for about 45 minutes around the village and up mountain paths etc. There was a photographer who followed them around and took some amazing natural photos - another bargain as they were superb quality and not posed or contrived at all.

They all loved the trip and made a point of chatting to the guide and petting the camels when they saw them on the strip in Hisaronu in the evenings.

This trip was booked with Seaside Travel and again the pick up and drop off was seamless.

Paragliding off Babadag Mountain: My adrenaline junky daughter did this on our last day. She booked the trip through Easy Riders (Jack Sparrow - so named as facially he is the spitting image of the character in Pirates of the Carribean films). She enjoyed the experience immensely. She would recommend sturdy shoes as you have to run (only about 10 feet) for lift off. The guy she jumped with took photos and a video of her experience which looked amazing. It's not like the cheap, off the beach experience you can have in other places. She was in the air for about 40 minutes and the bit you sit in is a proper supportive one. She has said she will definitely do it again.

Eating out: There are some amazing places to eat to suit all budgets. I have commented under specific restaurants but a brief shot of them is:

Barracuda, Pinar Gardens, Mercan, Del Boys - all brilliant. Great food and service etc.

In our experience, avoid Almira and The Bees Knees (read comments under these specific places).

All in all Hisaronu is a fantastic place which has everything you need and is in a great location.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. There are other little things I learnt/did which may be of interest.

10 Thank DippyDi63
Hull
47 helpful votes
“Best holiday you will ever have”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Went to Ovacic & Hisaronu 11 years ago, have been back yearly ever since, great people, wonderful food, sun and beaches, Efes Beer.
Turkey is the place to go if you want to re charge, it is so relaxing and calming, with plenty to do if you wish, the days out are great and excellent value for money, though be prepared for a full day out for your money, Turkey is still one of the few places that you feel you are still getting good value for your money. Trips cost about £12 per person which includes pick up/drop off & lunch. Dolmus is a fab way to get around, they blow their horn as they approach you, if you wish them to stop you put your arm out, they can get very crowded however. you pay on getting to your destination.Try the local Guvech (beef stew) wonderful.Remember when arriving at Dalaman you need £10 British pounds per person airport duty, they will not accept any other denomination.You will be pleasantly surprised at the efficiency of airport and transfers, the Turks are very well organised and all but a few have good English. Enjoy the Monday Market in Ovacic & the one in Fethye on a Thursday, great atmosphere & a lot of haggling, they do not harass as much as they did, and enjoy a good bit of banter with you. Most of all in August expect temperatures upto 55c but its a nice dry heat, easier to cope with than ours at 25c drink lots of bottled water regularly and you will stay fit and well, as many blame the food for upset stomachs, where usually its dehydration that is the route of the problem

2 Thank DianeCHull
united kingdom
35 helpful votes
“simply the best”
Reviewed 3 October 2010

we have just returned from the pinara apartments in Hisaronu,[not the pinara hotel ] best acommodation i have ever had anywhere,the only drawback was the 15 minute walk into town,not too bad going down but a struggle getting back the locals call it heart attack hill,Hisaronu is very pretty and the people are very friendly.there are some very good restaurants,three we would recommend are the Suntrap, the Festival and Dragonaro
we went to see the drag show at the TALK OF THE TOWN you get chicken and chips and a cocktail and the show for £20 it was so good we went twice
I would recommend Hisaronu to all age groups and it is very family friendly .
we cannot wait to go back

1 Thank linnyUnitedKingdom

Been to Hisaronu? Share your experiences!