“You get what you pay for!”
Review of Ozlem 1 Apartments

Ozlem 1 Apartments
Glasgow
“You get what you pay for!”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews on these apartments 2 listings on Tripadvisor (B&Bs & Inns / Speciality Lodgings), I can see why people maybe don't recommend these apartments. However you get what you pay for! I've stayed at the Ozlem 1 Apartments twice now & they are one of the cheapest apartments you can book. Yes, the cooking facilities aren't great & the shower is very small, but if you want 5* facilities, go to the Marmaris Palace, Marti Resort or Fantasia Hotel.

Peter, Cherry, Frank, Chico & the rest of the staff are very friendly. The food/drink at the apartments are reasonably priced. I can recommend the 'British Breakfast' at 5TL. The maid is in everyday & towels/linen changed twice a week. The Turkish night is worth going to. The Turkish food provided was amazing. And the best meal I had all holiday was Cherry's Roast dinner on Sundays. It was about £8....well worth the price. You could get pudding for an extra cost but I was so full after the plateful of potatoes, veg, Yorkshire pudding & roast beef (with real gravy) that I couldn't fit in dessert.

I look forward to returning to these apartments again. Thanks to all the staff at Ozlem 1, especially Peter who was a changed man!! Cheers, Lesley :O)

Room Tip: I would request a 1st or 2nd floor room. Avoid an attic room if you want a balcony with a table.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Glasgow
Reviewed 12 September 2013

After reading some of the previous reviews, I can see why people maybe don't recommend these apartments, however you get what you pay for! I've stayed at the Ozlem 1 Apartments twice now & they are one of the cheapest apartments you can book. Yes, the cooking facilities aren't great & the shower is very small, but if you want 5* facilities, go to the Marmaris Palace, Marti Resort or Fantasia Hotel.

Peter, Cherry, Frank, Chico & the rest of the staff are very friendly. The food/drink at the apartments are reasonably priced. I can recommend the 'British Breakfast' at 5TL. The maid is in everyday & towels/linen changed twice a week. The Turkish night is worth going to. The Turkish food provided was amazing. And the best meal I had all holiday was Cherry's Roast dinner on Sundays. It was about £8....well worth the price. You could get pudding for an extra cost but I was so full after the plateful of potatoes, veg, yorkshire pudding & roast beef (with real gravy) that I couldn't fit in dessert.

I look forward to returning to these apartments again. Thanks to all the staff at Ozlem, especially Peter who was a changed man!! Cheers, Lesley

Room Tip: I would request a room on the 1st or 2nd floor. Avoid an attic room if you want a balcony with a tab...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lesalee333
Rawtenstall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Would not stay here again!!! just got back from a 2 week stay here with myself partner and 4 year old son. The rooms were disgusting, filthy, riddled with ants, and not even useable for self catering. Our beds were crawling with ants, the a/c is only in one room not whole apartment so wasted 70pound purchasing. felt dirty after getting out of the shower, as it had thick black mould everywhere. The floors were filthy never seemed clean! mouldy curtains. Furniture from the 50's, kitchen table like a see-saw. Room smelt of soil. Inappropriate staff. Dodgy electrics. Hotel is situated 20 minute walk from centre, but is in a nice quiet part. Icmeler is lovely shame about the staff and the hotel. No hairdryer in the room, and you have to pay extra for a toaster. Not worth the hassle

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kay B
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Would never return to these apartments even if I was paid . Most staff are ok tho I had to report one turkish lad as he kept pulling our sons pants down to expose his privates(this was just dismissed as a difference of culture. Our room was never cleaned properly.had an uncovered consumer unit .brown fluid seaping through the wall .mouldy bedding all with photos for evidence. The list goes on so we are making a formal complaint to our holiday company and consumer watchdog ect

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank holidayoopz
edinburgh
Reviewed 29 August 2013

friendly staff from peter chico chef and cherry and frank who are english all very friendly and helpfull they cant do enough to make our holiday special rooms very clean clean and enough room clean towels...

Room Tip: ask for room at the top,you have to balcony's and do not need to buy air con,just leave doors op...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was a bit of a gamble, but I'm really pleased that I booked it and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
We returned 2 weeks ago as a family of myself and two children 8 years and 6 years. I booked through alpharooms which I haven't used before and it was booked about 2 weeks before departure.
Basic facilities but clean, airy and quite spacious rooms. I had asked for the first floor when booking but we were allocated a ground floor room due to small children and health and safety! This room suited us perfectly! It was peak season and as it was on the ground floor and with a breeze as there is a window out of the bedroom and the patio door at the other side we didn't need the air conditioner. The staff working in the bar are lovely and very helpful, Peter had a very dry sense of humour but most people had a joke with him and I wouldn't say that he was rude at all, Chico was sweet too and they both were very helpful. The food and drinks were reasonable, we only ate breakfasts but these were great and everything breakfast wise seemed to be only 7 ytl. The apartments are a bit of a walk to the main centre and beach, but that was ok as we usually got a taxi back. It was better for us to be here as it was quieter, and even with just a short walk of 5 minutes there are many restaurants and fun pubs to visit. The nearest supermarket was only 2 minutes away. We made lovely friends with other guests as you all were in close proximity but again this worked for us! The pool was an ok size and we never had trouble looking for Sun
Beds by the pool. We did the Turkish night one week and that was good too. Although they weren't an issue there was ants if you dropped anything on the floor, which kids do, but you just have to be strict about it!

I would go again in peak season for the location,friendliness of the staff and such budget accommodation. It is basic but that's all we wanted, so for us it ticked all of the boxes! I would recommend this to anybody looking for the same!

Room Tip: For children the best, maybe only rooms are the ground floor, if you have children this is useful bu...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank slk038
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had originally booked in Marmaris, but due to the shockingly bad service from On the Beach, we found we had been double booked on arrival and were taken to Ozlem apartments. As you can imagine, we were tired and frustrated after waiting so long for a holiday we had taken time to plan. However, the staff were very accommodating and happy to support us whether we decided to relocate or stay with them for the rest of the holiday. We stayed, it was in a lovely area, very peaceful and very easy access to Marmairs (bus ticket is 2.50 lira single). Food was to a good standard and the rooms were basic but clean and safe. We had a good size pool and we weren't over looked by other hotels or main roads. Icmeler was a great town to stay in and would go back.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, the disadvantage is low ceilings but we didn't find this too much of a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family