“looking for a bit better?” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mersoy Bellavista Suites
Ranked #32 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
Manchester
“looking for a bit better?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Just returned last night and this year stayed last week in August 2012. My wife and I are early 50's and are regular visitors to Icmeler. We have come as a couple and with my children from time to time too. Subsequently, we know the area and hotels and quite a lot of the locals now very well. My wife and I chose this hotel because we know what we were getting, and the Mersoy Bella Vista, delivered on what it promises. I wanted and got, nice pool, decent spot, no kids and value for money.

here's the low down for those that are doing research to this hotel and a bit of the area too!!

The Mersoy Bella Vista, is one of three hotels very close to each other from the same family, The Mersoy Exclusive and the Mersoy Oriental make up the other two, the Oriental is not staffed and is administrated via the Bella Vista Suites. This hotel is a smallish hotel, with a slightly more boutique feel, very popular with Brit couples, but met one Scandinavian and a Dutch couple while I was there. We stayed bed and breakfast and while the breakfast was plentiful and reasonable quality, some of the food is laid out in the open air which I do not like and along with my hangovers (needed a walk to clear) chose to breakfast out most mornings. Its very cheap in the resort, between 2 and 3 quid normally.

Most rooms are very well furnished for Icmeler standards and cleaning staff are typically professional for the area too. This is not a family hotel with kids games and entertainment of that ilk and all the normal drama of having small children running riot (so being the misery that I am, I really enjoyed that!!!). It tends to be couples looking for something a bit better than you would normally get in Icmeler, without having to go for the huge expense of the big, flash hotels. Marti, Aqua, Munamar etc

Not all of the rooms are poolside views ( about 60% are) so you need to confirm that if that's important to you, despite some of the comments on here, they staff will always try to accommodate changes or upgrades where possible (in Icmeler not many will say no to an extra bit of revenue!!) there are advantages to the quieter and cooler rooms!!. I upgraded my room as I wanted a pool view, we like to sit out on the balcony and have a we drink of an evening!. The room I had been offered was above reception and I just did not like the view. Nothing at all wrong with the room, I was offered a change at a small price or an upgrade to one of the better suites, cant say fairer than that.!

Hotel has its own Spa, but never tried it,

Like many of the hotels and bars in the area, staffed by a couple of key players and a supporting cast, So big shout out to Israfil (Fonzi) and Mustapha, (Muzzi) and Geordie Liz, who make up the key bar / restaurant area crew. With a few young guns, and other supporting staff. All of whom will try they're very best for you. Sibyl on reception also did a great job of keeping me happy. (not easy!!).

Icmeler is a great little resort, which has grown in recent years, in my opinion has now reached critical mass, the competitive nature of such resorts is clearly visible so there is good and bad associated with that. very good prices but a lot of duplication and competitive staff. Some of the Restaurant / Bar / shop staff try that little bit too hard to entice you in, which can leave you with a bad experience, so you need to be able to cope with that, (or never move out of your hotel ha ha!).

Icmeler is the next bay along from Marmaris, but not quite as ugly!, The local major takes a very balanced view of tourism and the associated problems with it which is great. There has also been significant investment in the Town Centre, Canal and Beach front areas in last few years. All of which for me has been great. its very lively most places up until midnight when the local police will patrol the town and any pub/bar or venue playing music loudly will be shut down and I have seen them do it, so if you want clubland madness you will need to get a taxi down the road to the Marmaris old town for that. (by the way the old Marmaris old town is fantastic and well worth a tip over, (take the taxi boat from the beach front takes about 40 minutes which is very relaxing, there are a plethora of really good restaurants and some fantastic boats in the harbour area to look at. A dolmus, bus back will cost a couple of lira and a taxi about 25, You can get to most places in icmeler town within a 15 minute stroll from this hotel and all of the usual beach type stuff you would expect is available to you along the beach area. Never seen a days rain in Icmeler in 9 trips. However this year was unbelievably Hot and my sun bed worshipping wife gave up!! in sheltered areas it was bordering on dangerous so you need to take sensible precautions against the heat. In my view late May early June is about best. I was chatting with a local pharmacist this week out there (yep heat got me too!!) and the most common drug sold in the region are diarrhea tablets and which are commonly put down to bad food but are mostly a direct result of too much sun.

The staff at the Mersoy will lay on some very good quality entertainment for you but heres a few other venues to to put on your list,

The Light House (in the main square) great food, family run place one of the most established and respected places in Icmeler. The Love Boat (the Devamli Hotel) round the corner (next to a great sports bar) (very cheesy, but fantastic food and service and well worth a visit). Haman (might of spelt that wrong!) Turkish Restaurant, up past the Romance Bar and Babadan Appartments, is fantatic value, great local and traditional Turkish food / service and well worth a visit and lastly the Cafe Del Mar, one of the last café's as you walk out of Icmeler along the sea front towards the Marmaris peninsula, really fantastic chill out place. I love to have a morning coffee there and read the paper and my wife loves to eat there of an evening as you look out of the bay and the lights of icmeler.

A boat trip is a great way to spend a day, and is unbelievable value, if you want that try Captain Bull****s Boat (sorry review wont allow profanity), they have a restaurant very close to the supermarket, Ali and Rambo take care of the boat and Jimmy (runs the restaurant) they will take good care of you. Not all the boat trips offer the same level of quality, look for a boat with a sun deck and on board toilet!! I paid 10 quid each, got picked up, given a breakfast in the cafe, dropped at the boat, taken out all day, given a fantastic bbq lunch, dropped off for a few lovely stops unbelievable value!!!

Icmeler, all told, I reckon something like 40 percent cheaper than a Spanish/Balerics holiday and twice the value where your hear. (to justify that I don't just holiday here)

I booked the hotel and a transfer with Icmeler Online, (Michelle, Elaine and John are very helpful) if you book with a mainstream travel company it could take 2-3 hours to get to resort, it will take you about 1 hour 30 mins (tops) if you book a direct transfer that does not drop off in Marmaris. Many of the tour companies now stop off on route to provide a break (and sell you stuff!!) while all you really want to do is get there..

Room Tip: Suits have two air con units, most rooms have fridge and safes
9 Thank tonesontheroad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

first time in turkey loved everything about it . lovely suite quiet at night very nice decor the pool staff were excellent waited on the whole pool area was great . hotel cleaners worked really hard rooms spotless and reception staff were very helpful . thank you all ,the only negative was the thomson rep she was hopeless .

4 Thank bda061
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

stayed at the mersoy 2nd / 16th aug /12 very nice hotel our room was the tokio room with pool veiw suite cant fault it the bar staff were all top guys fonzy muzzy liz and our model boy waiter nice lad waited on you at all times tried the turkish bath first time enjoyed it good laugh turkish bath man muste good guy also is the young lady on reception sibel in days very helpful met some nice people there from all over nice pool with mountain back drop a big thanks to house cleaners for the flowers in room and wine and basket of fruit for our anniversary night nice touch thankyou very hot in aug only 2mins from the strip and 5mins to the beach but peaceful at night loads of bars all with food all good air con is a must in turkey ours was fab i would recommend this hotel to couples looking for chilled out break thanks for a good holiday niki kevin wales

Room Tip: best rooms are deluxe pool veiw suites tokio roma or istanbul
3 Thank wales299
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

First time to Turkey and I will definitely be going back after this holiday! I would definitely recommend this hotel, it was absolutely lovely! We booked 9 nights in one of the deluxe pool view rooms and were greeted as soon as we were dropped off outside and shown to our room straight away which was lovely! Nice decor and a really good bathroom with a jet shower. Lovely balcony and view as well. Yes you have to pay for the safe but it really isn't expensive. A couple of people complained about the air conditioning but ours was absolutely fine apart from a little rattling which was fixed by a cleverly placed mini deodorant on top of it anyway! I would recommend getting a deluxe pool view room so that you're guaranteed the good view and room :) the suites looked amazing so if you can afford them I'd definitely get one. We had no complaints at all with our room but the 1 or 2 people we heard of who did, said they'd had their problems sorted or room changed straight away. Pool was gorgeous and always spotless and we were always able to get a sunbed easily (no towels put on the sunbeds at 6am which was nice!) would definitely recommend the big round beds on the edge of the pool ... heaven! Staff within the hotel were amazing and Fonzy and the boys definitely made our holiday!! Waited on you hand and foot all day and always made time for a smile and a chat. Couldn't fault them at all! Food and drinks were all very good (MUST try the milkshakes!) and were reasonably priced. We were determined to eat somewhere different every night but the food and company at the hotel was so good we actually ended up eating there 3 nights! The live music on Thursdays was worth a listen and the Turkish Night on Saturday was really good! Very amusing!! I'd suggest a few drinks during dinner beforehand though ... lol location of the hotel was perfect as well! About a 5 min slow walk to the beach and you're right in the centre for the bars and restaurants but the hotel is set back off the main road which means its quiet enough at night which is good. Other than the hotel, I'd say Champagne Bar and The Lighthouse would be worth trying for food as well, really nice. And Tin Tin's was good for cheap food and drinks. Wonder Bar was a good place to end up at and was just a 2 minute stumble back to the hotel which is pretty handy! :) Great hotel and would definitely recommend :) thanks to Fonzy and Co. for making our holiday as good as it was! Sian (and Chris)

• Stayed August 2012
7 Thank Sian2412
Alesund, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

My sister and I just got back from our trip to Icmeler and Mersoy Bellavista. It was a lovely hotel with nice and clean rooms (with air-con!), very good service and great people. The staff was just incredibly helpful and nice. Liz, Fonzie, Muzzy, Ali and Zanin(?) made our days better. It was a short walk both to the beach and the supermarket. Thank you for a wonderful week, we'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank karolinevb
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

First time trip to Turkey..We arrived very early morning to a friendly welcome..Our room was beautiful clean, spacious with air-con and a pool view..(although we would have prefered the 3rd floor) as our balcony was stone not glass but never the less a great view..The service we had was spot on..breakfast could have been better the omlette station was set out out near the pool it attracted alot of wasps which put us off ordering one..but you could find other things to eat..A big thankyou to the recption staff for there genuine concern when i recived a very important phone call from home and also for the great service off Fonzie and Muzzy making our days by the pool relaxing and fun ..We will be back thanks again.. Max & Andy Griffiths xx

Room Tip: Go for 3rd floor pool view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maxine G
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

We arrived my husband and i (we are29) late Sunday night and we were given a pool view room,though we only paid for a standard room which was great. Thank god we had air con in the room because it was 47 degrees when we arrived and 42 when we left yesterday!! Hot hot hot. Too hot really. We were disappointed we waited for our Thomson rep the next morning for our welcome meeting, but she didn't turn up. We didn't see her the entire time. No fault of the hotel. We booked a boat trip to dalyan with Steve a mans stall about 2nd on left on promenade. It was only £19 each. I'm sure Thomson would have charged double. The trip was amazing. A lovely boat and we went to turtle beach, saw the tombs, fed the turtles blue crab and went in the mud baths. It also included lunch. We recommend the Italian restaurant on the promenade on the beach and the bs next door. The beach is only a 5 minute walk and jetty 10 mins. Fonzi was do welcoming the whole week we were there in the bar. We did Bed and breakfast but ate out most mornings because it was so cheap anyway and preferred to have more than what was on offer. I would not do half board because that was a set menu and didn't look too good to be honest. The food you could buy in the hotel was lovely though. We would recommend it. Icmeler was a lovely place and far nicer than built up marmaris.

• Stayed August 2012