“bellavista”

Ranked #33 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“bellavista”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

just came back from the bellavista ,hotel clean and tidy ,pool very good ,pool bar prices not bad ,breakfast quite good the young turk cook doing the omelettes ,fried eggs ,pancakes was a great guy pleasant and very obliging,the rest of staff i.e waiters ali and fonzy and reception girls were top class ,the room was cleaned every day by ali the cleaner he to top class ,our friends were stopping in the other mersoy the aquatic they had the infamous dundgeon toyko rooms my god never seen nothing like it paint on curtains ,foist ,and paint peeling off on ,they complained and were moved into the mersoy opposite ours ,room a lot better but all inclusive in hotel poor they had one meal in it ,but like I said ive no complaints of the mersoy bellavista heard its going all inclusive next season this in my eyes big mistake.the hotel is central for the resort and beach ,would I go back may be .

Room Tip: book a room looking over pool and pay that bit extra
1 Thank 227059Terry_f_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 7 October 2013

just back from two week holiday at this property and cant say how disappointed we were with this hotel.on our arrival wewere put in a room that i can only describe as no bigger than a cupboard,after speaking to rep we were moved to a room slightly bigger but very dark and dull.this hotel is advertised as luxury redefined i can only define it as misrepresenting itself and altough i would return to icemeler i would not return to this hotel.we also had a day of very heavy rain and the result of this was front stairs to hotel were wet and i fond myself upended and now have a very badly bruised back and hip and could have ended up seriously hurt .

Room Tip: ask for one of thesuites when booking
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Lorraine F
rersoy76, Owner at Mersoy Bellavista Suites, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Madam,

Thanks for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you had an accident at a heavy rainy day. When it is raining, needless to day, the outside area including stairs are becoming wet. Hope you are very well now. Hope you recover very soon.

Standard rooms are not as big as suites. Unfortunately, we cannot accomodate every guest to a suite; as doing so is not fair to us and moreover to the guests who booked and paid for a suite.

Thanks for your feedback and we will do our best to correct some of the points you raised.

Best Regards,
southampton
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We had looked on trip advisor and taken on board a tip and booked a suite. The room comprised of 2 rooms and a bathroom. The lounge room had the balcony and overlooked a beautiful pool. However there was not a table and chairs only a sofa which presumably doubled up as another bed for families. The only shelf was too high up so I had nowhere to do my make up in the morning. The fridge had a coffee machine and was supposed to double as a kettle but I couldn't get the hang of it so bought a small kettle £2 from a local shop. There was very little room to prepare a drink as the only worktop available was on top of the fridge. The bathroom had a shower over the bath with a old plastic shower curtain which was far too small and the floor was soaked whichever way you arranged the curtain. The basin was a nod to boutique but again very little room to arrange your toiletries, all in all the bathroom could do with serious remodelling as all looked very tired. The air con was excellent, but the bed cover did not cover the bed with 2 people sleeping and we had to ask for another. The staff at this hotel are truly excellent, very accommodating and friendly particularly the bar staff. There were plenty of sunbeds but there were quite a lot of broken umbrellas dotted around. The breakfast although adequate had very little fresh fruit only melon, and 2 types of tinned fruit and by the end of the week I was longing for some really decent fruit, surely this hotel could manage fresh peaches and bananas. Like most hotels in Turkey you are not permitted to bring food or drinks in from outside, but I paid 7.5 lire for a glass of soda water, I do feel that they sting you a bit for soft drinks. We ate once in the evening and the food was excellent and well priced. Theres no point going half board as meals out are very reasonable and the choice of eateries is vast. We had a very nice holiday but this hotel needs to up its game to be considered boutique, better facilities in the rooms and attention to detail around the pool.

Room Tip: don't go for basement rooms they tend to smell damp.
1 Thank dioamond
cubababy
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Please do not be put off my the reviews on here, unfortunately in life, some people enjoy to moan and groan about anything and everything!
The hotel is a TURKISH 4 Star, this is more like a British 3 star. People need to remember they are in Turkey, not Blackpool!
The hotel staff are friendly and all speak good english. Ali and Fonzy at the bar are a great laugh and bring the place alive during the day.
The breakfast was nice, freshly made pancakes, eggs etc. There was also fresh bread, cheeses and fruit. Again, this is Turkey, do not go there expecting a full english on the buffet, it won't happen. You can however pay for this off the menu.
We went to the Turkish night and the live band night, both were enjoyable and good value for money. They really do try so hard to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone there.
We paid the bit extra for a suite with a pool view, it was gorgeous. We were on the second floor and the room was huge. We had a large bedroom, a living room with a big couch, a large bathroom and a big balcony with stunning views at night. The room was cleaned everyday with new towels etc. I have particular high standards when it comes to cleaning and never once did i have an issue. It was spotless everyday. The air con was fab, so amazing that my husband was often cold during the night but it is easily controlled.
The pool area is lovely and relaxing. It is very chilled and they play the local radio station on low so you just hear it. There was a few issues with sunbeds and towels during our stay. It clearly states everywhere that you cannot put towels down before 8am, so why people kicked up a fuss when they put down towels at 6am to discover them gone by time they came down at 10am?

The hotel claims you cannot take any food or drinks in from outside the hotel. Everyday we went to the shop next door for a paper and some bottles of frozen water and it was never an issue.
We had a great time at the Mersoy BellaVista, i am sad to hear it is going All Inclusive next year though, means we won't be back.
It is really sad that every day we had to listen to pathetic people moaning about issues that were all in their heads, why would you want to spend a holiday like that. A few people there just loved the sound of there own voice and moaning was the best way to get it across. If you are going this year, please remember it is near the end of the season. Things won't be updated or changed now until next year. Yes some of the sunbeds squeak, they are wooden and it is 40+ degrees most days, it happens. The padding on the sunbeds does get stains on it from suntan lotion etc, thats why you put towels on them!
Anyway, rant over for me, we had a great time and loved the place.

Room Tip: Email the hotel in advance and request a pool view on a high floor
2 Thank mrstawse
sunderland
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I've been to turkey many times before in all different star hotels, this one caught my eye as it did look very different (modern) from hotels I've stay at previously. We were greated by Katrina on reception who was very sweet and checked us in quickly, a young man then showed us to our room and showed us how to work aircon and the tv. We stopped in a standard select room with a pool view, we were situated on the ground floor, you couldn't see the pool when you were sitting in your outdoor chairs, but there is decking which you could easily step on and see the pool and even cut over to access the pool, but I didn't complain about this as it felt this was more private. The room was very well decorated and modern for a Turkish hotel I was very impressed, air con was brilliant, TV had I think 2 English channels but personally I didn't go on holiday to watch tv but it was ok as background noise whilst getting ready. Bathroom did have a sewer smell, i noticed this did get sorted whilst on our stay, and didn't ruin our stay. Bathroom had lovely big sink plenty of area to put your stuff on. Shower was excellent we didn't notice change in temp, and was powerful enough. Glasses were left outside of the lifts but again this didn't bother me, they could have been there all week as long as they weren't in my room or my way (which they weren't). Bedding was changed twice on our stay, clean towels everyday. I did hear other people asking for more pillows, but reception staff do not have access to cleaners bedding room so my advice would be to catch a cleaner, you'll get them quicker.
The pool area was clean, lovely pool, the fancy big beds were took at 4am by towels, a little gutted about that, but we just used other beds or went to the beach which was 5 mins away. Like other ppl the bar staff were lovely and so pleasant, thank you to fonzy and Ali for been so welcoming.
We were also B and B, plenty of choice, boiled eggs, fresh tomatoes and cucumber, ham, cheeses, cereals and a chef doing omelettes or pancakes. We also went to price a Turkish bath at the Mersoy, a experience ill never forget, it was underground, dark And very seedy, for a breif moment I thought it was a brothel, I was instantly put off by the men and women looking at us up and down, it goes with out saying we didn't get a Turkish bath. I have heard there going allinclusive next year. For that reason I won't stop here as we like to eat out in icmeler, there is many restaurant, excellent food and
brilliant value. Without the Turkish bath experience, overall we really enjoyed our stay here :)

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank sammyhammy
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

After arriving after a long night of travelling I was glad to see the mersoy! Nice big comfy bed and cold air con, the hotel room we couldn't fault except maybe the the bed sheet not fitting too well! The location is excellent, couple minutes to the centre and couple mins to the beach, awesome pool which has a bar/snack bar run by Ali and fonzy-the best hotel staff I have ever come across, nothing is too much for them-actually they make the mersoy what it is! Sun beds-unfortunately people reserve them,then turn up to use them for about an hour..so some guests can't get a space-I think maybe that should be policed a bit more. Overall a cracking relaxing holiday, would recommend and we would for sure visit the mersoy suites again! T & S

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank 2205taks
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have just returned from a 7 night stay here..

Positive - Staff which make this Hotel.. Ali, Fonzy, Ibo, Turan- Idris-Cimi
These Staff are the most hard working , and so very committed to ensure your holiday is perfect they could not do enough for you, very welcoming and friendly. AND A CREDIT TO THIS HOTEL, well done keep up your hard work..:)

Negative- On arrival we found the check in desk at Dalaman airport with the Thomas Cook Logo and Not Directline Holidays the rep soon changed her board over

On arrival at the hotel we were showed room 4101, which was a pool view room in the basement was very dark and smelt so very damp and the bathroom was covered in water, not sure if that was from the drains? we were Refusing to sleep in this room..
Returned to Reception, where we were advised no rooms left, !! however possible tomorrow as they say! I advised that there was NO WAY we were staying in that room.. the receptionist called to the sister hotel via phone, and advised that we have another room which was a suite. Which we looked at and was better Not by all means 4* still... there was an additional cost over £100 for this, I was not going to spoil our holiday and we paid reluctantly,

Our holiday was half board, Unfortunately that night when we went down for dinner, the food on offer had No labels as to what it was, and so very tasteless... we were advised that this is the food on the half board option, Or you can pay for food from the menu??????????from that night we paid to eat out every night And had far better food, so another added expense..

However in the daytime(we did eat a couple of lunches off the main menu which was very good, but why should we have to pay again for food when you already paid half board""

This was not the best time in Turkey and Spoilt our holiday and certainly NOT 4*.. I will be in contact with our travel agent ...

Room Tip: If you have not booked Don't"
Dear Sir or Madam,

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, thanks for complimenting our staff. Very kind of you.
On the other hand, the transfer services has nothing to do with our hotel. Therefore mentioning it on the negative side of the hotel is not fair as we, as hotel, has nothing to do with flights and transfers.

From experience, I can say that the guests who pays extra for an upgrade at RESORT, always tends to complain. However please note that the guests who booked and paid at home; back in England or Holland, already paid for the extra to stay in the suite which you stayed. Therefore, I really do not understand why people are to complain when they pay extra for an upgrade in Resort.

As for half board, there are very few people with this option and we charge only 2,5 GBP from the tour operator and I strongly believe that we are giving a very good service of Half Board; a very good VALUE FOR MONEY. What we are paid is not even the cost of what we are getting; not even including the service.

We will be turning to ALL INCLUSIVE next year with Thomas Cook / Airtours and all guests will be AI. So wil not have this problem.

Best Regards,