“Had a great time”

Mersoy Bellavista Suites
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I stayed at the Mersoy with a couple of friends for a week. We were very impressed with the service and the friendliness of the staff. The restaurant staff were great and made us feel very welcome. The reception staff dealt with a couple of very minor issues for us, quickly. We also found the cleaning staff to be very helpful and our room was left spotless by them every day.

The only small issue we had was that the ice maker didn't work, nor did the fridge. This didn't particularly bother us and we did only mention it towards the end of the holiday.

We actually preferred the food in the main restaurant rather than the al la carte restaurant, as there was more choice particularly for veggies.

Having no children there was a bonus. The pool was a very pleasant and relaxing place to be.

Without doubt I would recommend this hotel to others. Good location, great staff and a nice mix of guests.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank HA20
There are newer reviews for Mersoy Bellavista Suites

Reviewed 10 August 2009

When we arrived at the Bellavista we we very impressed. The staff were Fantastic, Stella, Mussi, Ozzi and Lizzy were helpful and welcoming Thank you from the Midnight drinking club!! We stayed in the White Suite and we had a cleaner every day who gave us fresh towels and kept the room nice. Would reccommend the suites. The food was good and a big selection was available every day..... we were told that they are going to turn Mersoy into B&B and we think that would be a great shame! The local area is lovely and you have everything you need to your door. The Turkish bath was out of this world and helped us get and keep a lovely tan. On the front tucked away by the fishing boats is a little fish restaurant that does not have a menu and cooks any fish caught that day, it was the most romantic and realxing place ever and the food was beautiful. We loved Turkey and would come again!!! All local bars are lots of fun and the staff go out of their way to help you enjoy yourself. The local buses are great and dont cost much, you can go to surrounding areas for 2 TL, they pick you up and drop you anywhere you like!. You get the best of both worlds in Icmeler and we were so sad when we had to leave, I miss that pool every day!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tiredbagpuss
Reviewed 4 August 2009

After reading some of the reviews on Trip Advisor, we very nearly changed our accomodation, so glad we did not. We have spent a great week at the Mersoy Bellavista with our daughter, my sister and brother-in-law. On arrival we were taken to our rooms, we were in the main building and my sister in the next building (but this was not a problem, we are adults and do not have to have rooms next to each other to enjoy a holiday). We were put on the top floor in one of the attic rooms. This room was very nicely decorated and spotless clean but a little small for three people, although for the small amount of time we spent in the room it was never a real issue, but I think I would consider upgrading to a suite when we go again just to give the icing on the cake. We did have a problem with the air conditioning in the room, being in the roof area it was overbearingly hot in there but the young lady on reception was most helpful in resolving our issue. For some reason our soap and accessories were never topped up by the cleaner, but I am sure if I had spoken to reception this would have been resolved but we simply had one from my sisters room.
The pool area was superb, we had not problems getting sun beds (although there are always the few that have to reserve their beds at the crack of dawn still). The sun beds were very comfortable and the pool area was spotlessly clean and what amazing views to look at whilst basking in the sunshine. The staff were just fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and a very special thank you to Muzzy for making the holiday one we will always remember. He always had a smile and chat with everyone, making each individual feel special. As this hotel is for 16 years and over it was lovely not having tiny young children running around and left the opprtunity for the adults to have fun in the pool instead. Thank you for giving us a most relaxing, enjoyable holdiay, we will be back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank StaffordshireHelen
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We went to icmeler end of july to the beginning of august, and it was brilliant! we stayed at mersoy bellvista suites which was in a class of its own! the whole hotel was spotless, all of the staff were very friendly and would have done anything to help you..and as for the food..we didnt have a single bad meal the whole time we were there! we will definatly be going back next year! if you want a hot, relaxing, funfilled holiday..then this is the place to go...just walk out onto the main street and everything else is there.bars, restaurants, and a lively night life, but once it hits midnight everything calms down which is ideal for anyone travelling with kids! also in mersoy bella vista is the nim spa..offering various luxury treatments and also includes turkish bath! laze by the pool and take in the gorgeous scenery surrounding the hotel and watch the moon rise from being the towering mountains while enjoing a 3 course al a cart meal at il patio! i would reccomend this hotel to anyone....have fun xx

2  Thank les049
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Well the title says it all me and my hubby jim have been to turkey 12 times always icemeler. It was our 2nd year at mersoy we had a beautiful suite with pool view very clean and spacious air con brill coffee maker ice machine jacuzzi bath what more could we ask for. The pool area is kept spotless if you are looking for a chill out holiday the surroundings are perfect. The food breakfast time was very good something for everyone omellete girl brill. Lunch menu again very good. The dinner buffet lots of choice we ate there lots we did go out for some meals but we were more than happy with the food. The entertainment was also enjoyable. The staff are very helpful and friendly ozzy muzzy liz memorly cant do enough for you but let me just say manners dont cost anything you have to respect the staff they work so hard in tremendous heat. The al a carte was also lovely as far as we are concerned no problems at all if there was we would be the first to approach management to sort it. Also we had many fun nights in the med bar ice freddy and omar great hardworking staff very special to us.Riza the manager is a great guy we enjoyed our chats and people dont realise its very stressful trying to keep everyone happy when it doesnt matter what you do some guests want more all we wanted was a damn good holiday and that is what we got.The only negative thing for us was having to listen to people winging what do they want its not hotels fault when they have delays or there is certain food they dont like those people should stay at home. We would like to thank Riza and all the staff for making our holiday very memorable we shall continue staying at mersoy location is excellent own beach 2 minutes away what more do you want .See you in september Jimand Linda xx

2  Thank jimfromtipton
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Me and my sister have been to Turkey many times and werent dissapointed this time as we stayed at the Mersoy Bellavista Suites, Icmeler, Turkey. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly speciallyy Lizz as they always did the best they can and made you feel welcome whilst on your stay, the food was to everyones taste as they has different choices of food each night. The pool and bar area was always clean and tidy and staff awalys made sure that we had pleasent and relaxing time. We loved LIZS Bingooo!

3  Thank 6jazmin9
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This hotel definetly has the potential to be 4 star as the staff are all very pleasant, it is a pity about the attitude of the manager Riza Ersoy! I like many others read the reviews before I went and was particulary concerned about the room allocation as our 19 year old daughter was coming with us. I was not going to write a review until I had my complaint dealt with but after reading the entry by the manager I thought I had better share my tale of woe.

I took the trouble of emailing Mr Ersoy to clarify the room I had booked was in fact a suite room with a pool view. He did email me back to confirm this was the case and even said he would try to accomodate us in the Istanbul or Rome suite. When we arrived (after a 6 hour delay) we were put into a suite room in MERSOY EXCLUSIVE HOTEL. I did not like the way this was done as they took us across the road (it was still dark) and when I tried to say this was not the hotel I had booked they said it was all part of the same group. I refused to accept this room as we had specifically booked the Mersoy Bellavista as there was no children under 18 allowed. We spent most of our 1st day in Mr Ersoy's office and he admitted it was HIS FAULT and NOT THE TOUR OPERATOR and made the excuse of some computer problem. There were 4 suite rooms vacated that morning but he refused to give us one of them as he said they were all allocated - I can only assume to other guests who had the same problem earlier in the week. Mr Ersoy did offer us 2 separate rooms but in opposite ends of the hotel with balconies not even on the same side of the building and not until the 3rd day of our holiday! We all ended up in the same room for a week and have subsequently lodged a complaint with Travel Republic. We were offered a Jeep Safari and free safe to try and placate us as well as a turkish bath.

The problem lies with the descriptions of the rooms. May I suggest all the tour operators use the descriptions in the Mersoy Bellavista's brochure so there is no confusion? This is a common problem and not just with suite rooms - it applies to Standard Select rooms too.

Our holiday was made bearable by the lovely staff, a special mention to Stella, Muzzy & Ozzy who were terrific. The pool area is lovely and the bar staff very attentive without being intrusive. The food was better than I expected and we actually only ate out once. Il Patio was lovely with waiter service from the fantastic Muzzy!

If the hotel/management gets the problems with room allocation sorted I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Great Location.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MusselburghTails
rersoy76, Owner at Mersoy Bellavista Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2009

Dear Madam,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your objective review. That really proves your quality as a person even though to your experience you have lived. It is one unlike many other negative reviews which I found out really unfair in this site. I would like to clarify that we never met during your visit in Turkey. I have talked to hotel manager, Muzaffer Bey and I found out that it was him who talked to you when you arrived. Maybe you thought it was me whom you talked because we emailed each other. I am actually the owner and managing director in the hotel and unfortunately we never had a chance to meet.

I would like to thank you for your nice comments about the hotel. I will be more than happy if you come back to this hotel and I will personally take care of you and your family.

Rıza Ersoy