“would'nt say we would not go back”
Review of Faber Apart Hotel

Faber Apart Hotel
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 3 July 2011

we arrived at 4.30.a.m. on 18th june,2011.could'nt get into hotel.walked around it twice.it was lucky another bus came with another couple which driver shouted to reception guy to open gates.we where shown to attic room.it was plenty big enough for 2.we only use it as base.we went out every evening to different resturants to eat.i had to ask after week if they would change towels and bedding.room was cleaned daily.did not eat at all at faber.when we where going out you would get pressure from staff to stay and eat there you had to judge it when to get out.be warned if you buy phone card they charge you more than it's worth.i was charged 8liar when it was only 4 on card i went back to shop and complained told guy he said it was mistake he would give me back 3 liar told him to give me another phone card.before you buy at market on wednesday check shops first.market will rip you off big time.we had good holiday faber was ok.

Room Tip: if not happy with room tell them straight away
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank msn25

Reviewed 18 June 2011

After reading some of the previous reviews we were apprehensive about what to expect...we arrived at 5am and were immediately greeted by reception, check in was effortless and our bags were carried to our room,...however we did have an attic room, it was basic but fine, the down side was the balcony, rather cramped so not able to sit outside in comfort.. on the whole considering what we paid it was very good value and we certainly couldnt complain!...

Reception staff were very helpfull and friendly, Chico and Ahmet always had a smile and nothing was too much trouble! The staff really make this hotel a great place to stay... The guys around the pool/bar area were Fantastic, such great fun and made our holiday one to remember!! We would definitely stay at the Faber apart again but would be sure to reserve a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor to ensure a decent balcony.. The location is a short walk into town, the area feels very safe and no concerns with walking back late at night even though it was just me and my teenage daughter ... we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were both very sad to leave we have very happy memories of our stay at Faber! Thanks for making our first trip to Turkey so memorable...

1  Thank Pixiechickcamluc
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Please be aware that the Faber has been down graded to a 3 star rating and there are no microwaves or satelite TV in the rooms. We were not advised of any of this before we travelled or upon our arrival. When we were taken to our room it was soaking wet with some kind of detergent spray coating everything and the room had a very damp smell that even my 4 yr old son commented on! The room was not properly cleaned and grime around the shower and toilet areas. The fridge door did not shut. We found out that the keys to the doors in fact opened every apartment door and you cannot lock your door when you are in your room at night. We also had water leaking from the ceiling above the toilet. We complained and were told they would look at moving us maybe the next day but I insisted on being moved immediately which they did do. We were moved to a room on the 3rd floor that was cleaner but felt very dissapointed by the overall standard as we were expecting 4 star rating accomodation. The bed sheets were dirty on arrival in both rooms and I had to ask for new ones of which they were stained. I will definately not be returning to this accommodation.

3  Thank ppluk
Reviewed 8 June 2011

My family have been going to faber for the last 3 and loved it every time and finally this year I joined them . I also enjoyed it just as much if not more then my parents the hotel is lovely it's in a fantastic position only 10 minute walk from the town where there's plenty of restaurants and only 15 mins to get to the beach . The staff at the hotel are also second to none they were amazing I will almost definitely will be going back next year and from then on in . The food at the hotel was also brilliant and the cocktails were just as good .

3  Thank Woodhams91
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Recently returned from a week at the Faber. Had read the reviews before and was a little worried, they sounded so negative. However we found very little to complain about! if you have to use the kitchen area as a bedroom then you will experience noise from the nightclub behind these apartments and the music around the pool is a little loud but a polite request to lower it was acted on immediately. The bar staff were great. They arranged a trip to Ephesus for us at a much cheaper rate than Cosmos with an extra meal included and other attractions. When my daughter was taken ill at 1.30am they called a doctor and translated for us and also gave us phone numbers to contact them if we had any dificulties at the medical centre. When we requested extra bedding it was provided with 15 mins. Rooms were cleaned every day. Couldn't really ask for more. We were very satisfied with the service.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We arrived around 3.30am at the advertised Faber apartments in icmeler where we shown to our room in almost darkness and was not given a welcome pack.
On awakening the following morning we found there was no hot water and we were informed by the family next door that if you complain at reception they would install an electric shower for us as the apartment manager was aware of a problem with the hot water.
This we did and they did indeed fit an electric shower for our family. the only problem was it was fixed to the shower door and the water supply was fed from the original shower then the shower head was fed back to the shower rail on the opposite wall which meant that when getting in the shower and shut the sliding shower door you were pushed up tight to the other shower door.
You could only shower if you left the shower door open and then spend fifteen minutes mopping up or be a contaushonist. As the management were trying to help, I tried to complain but they pretended not to understand.
Apart from the lack of lighting and the badly fitted shower the first week, we then discovered that there was not as advertised a toaster microwave or satellite t .v when I asked at the bar the waiter who spoke perfect English informed us that just before our arrival they were downgraded from a four star apartment to a three star apartment and as such the manager ordered the staff to remove all toasters and microwaves.
However the second week our pool area was turned into a building site they started to erect a new bar area with electric leads running from everywhere. We could not use the pool toilets as the floor area was covered with power tools and timber. Moreover, even when returning to our rooms the noise went on until seven or later power tools and hammering. Other guest complained at reception only to be given the I speak no English speech when I finally got someone from reception to listen they told me it would only be one more day.
The next day my grandson was playing around the children’s pool when he did the splits falling to the ground we later found a screw imbedded in his croc shoe. Moreover, we were afraid to use the pool area again as because of the new bar there was very little area for the children to play around the baby pool because they now squashed the sun beds into a double row leaving only a foot space around the pool.
In addition, the builders had now moved to the front of our apartments to erect another bar but as stated earlier our only source of lighting was the street lighting, which shone through the smoked glass windows so to find your apartment door you had to feel along the walls. As the builders had covered all the windows with Formica boards to hang, advertising boards etc.
Again, the days went by with the sound of hammering and power tools.
On returning home to the apartment one night because of the bad lighting I stopped at the door opened it with my electronic card key in trotted my 2 year old grandson only to find it was the wrong apartment my key had opened someone else’s door. The couple’s who’s apartment it was were quite taken back to find us standing in their kitchen. The next day when telling other people staying at our apartment what had happened we were told that all the card keys opened all the doors. And as such there is no security in these apartments.
Then after all this the day before we were due to return home I ordered room service for breakfast but when we went to eat it there was a horrible smell off the sausage and what I can only describe as rancid meat I took the food back but was still charged for it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank pv685
Reviewed 15 January 2011

Good room,but very hot inside. No freon in air condition equipment, no cold air but very noise fans.The worst thing is all night long music in the area bar.No internet service .Cheap services...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple