“Good but..........” 4 of 5 bubbles

Faber Apart Hotel
Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
“Good but..........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I found this hotel amazing but the only bad thing about it is there's no entertainment on the night time like the bar men don't dance on the bars and that leads robot many people there but our hotel rooms was spacious and clean also we had pool view also the pool was nice but a bit dirty.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Turkish first
england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have returned from the Faber Apartments 2 days ago. I was a little concerned before going as some of the negative reviews that were on here. I emailed Ozlem to ask for a 2nd Floor Room and got a reply straight away to say all would be sorted and OK.

Upon arrival Ozlem was there to great us and sure enough my request had been met. I have read some very unkind words regarding the Manager here and I think this is very unfair we had no problems at all with our stay. We did hear of a few people swapping rooms but this was never a problem to be moved if you were not happy.

The apartment was of a lovely size Kitchen area very nice and Modern. The bed settee was also very big so my two older Children slept well. Some Apartments the bed space for kids has been an issue but not at the Faber.

Plenty of storage space in the room for Clothes.

Our Cleaner was such a lovely lady and her two boys helping to Clean. We got towel changes every 3 days. But they did come in every day to empty bins and re make the beds. The floor could of done with a bit of a better mop feet always dirty but wasn't in the room much so really not a problem.

The Pool was lovely very Clean but I think there should be a better policy instated re Sun Beds due to the Hotel side of the pool being in the shade as from around 2pm some people were reserving beds on there way in at night which I think was a bit unfair. So if a rule of No Towels At All On Beds Before 8am I think this would be better.

We only had Breakfast and the food was very nice and reasonably priced. Mehmet was a nice guy and my partner enjoyed some Football bets with him. Apo was a real credit to this place he worked so hard always smiling. Both Mehmet and Apo were around the pool area to bring drinks and food when required.

We did the Barbecue night which was OK.

We booked only one trip through Mehmet which was the Jeep Safari Fantastic value for money £9.00 each whole day out on Jeeps Water Fights, Waterfalls, Lunch and Jesus Beach was so much fun definitely worthwhile.

The apartments were in a great location about 10 - 15mins walk to beach but bars and restaurants on route.

We would most definitely use this accommodation again when visiting Icmeler. Met some lovely people. Our Kids loved it here.

I cant quite understand the Negative reviews we had such an enjoyable stay.

Thank You to Ozlem, Mehmet and Apo lovely people xx

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank jensen5
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Absolutely AMAZING. We started off on the top floor which were lovely apartments but there was no break from the sun when on the balcony. So my family asked nicely to move and we were moved to ground floor with 48hrs. For the duration of our stay we were amazed by the staff who work tirelessly day in day out to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms were spotless the cleaner did an amazing job and you are a five minute walk from the old village and a 5-10 minute STROLL from the main beach and bars. It was an amazing place and my plans are to return next year for 2 weeks and I would like to thank the manageress Özlem for such a good stay.

1 Thank Arthomas243
tyne & wear
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks.We arrived 5a.m and was shown to our room which was on the 4th floor,the room was fine but it was very hot like a sauna, also the balcony was a lot smaller than the other floors with no view.We went to see Ozlem the manger at 10a.m that morning to ask for another room,she said she would see what she could do.She rang our room within 5 - 10mins and said she could move us the next day at 4p.m which was great. Sure enough we were moved to the ground floor the next day which was a lot cooler and we were able to use the balcony as it was a lot bigger. The rooms are a good size and a good layout with plenty of storage. Staff were lovely and Ozlem was very nice and friendly. The pool area is lovely no need to set your alarm although a couple of families did you get them everywhere!! But even if you came out 10 - 11a.m most days you could still get beds on the side of the pool which gets the shade around 2p.m. The cleaners are in the rooms every day to empty the bins, towels changed every 3days, yes some towels and sheets had holes in them but they were clean. The floor only got cleaned 2 maybe 3 times in my stay so our feet were always filthy. Yes you have to but toilet rolls but so what it will cost you 4TL at tansas for 12 rolls it won't break the bank!! BBQ night was a good night, good food,good atmosphere. Only ate here a couple of times for lunch but what we did have was nice. Overall we enjoyed our stay and had a very good holiday.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are very hot and no view from balcony.
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank n15bor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Hi guys I travel the world and the past two weeks have been the most enjoyable two weeks of my life there is only one bad think I can say about the faber and that is the pool table is slanted and they despratley need a new one anyway rooms are nice and they have a very spacious balcony beds are ok rooms are clean and cleaners are in everyday the pool is very good sized but there is not enough to do in the day the bar staff memet and apou are two lovely men who make ur holiday more enjoyable apou is only a young lad but he is one of the most nicest young lads I no he works 16 hours a day on rubbish pay but he enjoys himself I give him a lovely tip an he is only 15 but his smile makes u smile memet is just a seller he could sell u anything I had a lovely couple of weeks in the faber apartment and might return in October for a week loved my stay great apartments go there don't read the rubsish reviews it's just people lying best holiday in a long time met lovely people

1 Thank Asasadad
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Having been to Icmeler for the last 3 years, our usual apartments were sadly fully booked. We decided on the Faber apartments instead. As a travel agent I am always reading reviews to make sure I get the best holidays for my clients, so this is my own honest personal opinion of our stay at the Faber.

On arrival at 2am we were met by quiet but polite staff, I think their English wasn't great but we managed ok. I knew that air conditioning and the safe would be extra as they always are in self catering apartments so I was prepared to pay for those at check in. I dont think £40 per week is unreasonable for airconditioning and £15 per week for the safety deposit box. We were shown to our apartment on level 2 and assisted up the stairs with our suitcases. When we asked if they had any bottles of water one of the staff came back with a big 5 litre bottle and said to pay them later no problem. The apartment was very clean, with a bed settee made up ready for my little boy. It would have been a tight squeeze if my eldest son had been there too, but for 1 person it was fine.Towels and lines were changed every 3 days which was fine. I am sure if you had a problem or had spilled something they would change it for you. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The bedroom was spacious with two single beds, bed side tables and a large dressing table with a mirror and a plug point beside it!!The air con was only in the bedroom but we kept the door open so the cool air went into the living area. There was ample storage space in the wardrobe, which also housed the safety deposit box. The bathroom was clean with sliding shower doors, which kept the bathroom floor dry.You do have to buy your own toilet rolls but hey you are self catering after all. The kitchen had a kettle and two rings plus a fridge. Enough plates, cups etc We only ever had cereal and drinks in the aprtment so it suited us fine.It had a table with four chairs as well. We even found a music channel on the TV which my little boy loved to watch everynight when we were getting ready. The balcony was in the shade most of the time but it did dry the washing and it had a table and four chairs if you wanted to sit out. The view overlooking the pool and the mountains was lovely. The staff at the apartment work long hours and were all very friendly and helpful. They do offer you deals to eat at the restaurant for breakfast and evening meals, but once we had advised we had been to Icmeler before and we prefered to eat out at night they were fine. We had breakfast on a few mornigns which was very nice. Full English if you wanted it was about £3.50.We ate luch at the pool most days which was always lovely, toasties, salads, chips, burgers, wraps etc and you could run up a tab during the day for drinks and Ice creams which was handy. I never felt I had been cheated and the bills were alway reasonable. We went to the bbq night which was a great night, lovely food , good enterainment and very good price at £20.00 for 3 of us. The staff would come round the pool asking if you wanted a drink or ice creams, but they were only doing their job and they work hard for very little money. A polite no thank you was fine. We didnt get any hassle at anytime when we went out at night or when we came back in. The staff were always nice to us. We did have a couple of issues with the door card not working and the air conditioning but on speaking to Ozlem the manager, she sorted things out straight away. Sometimes I think people are too impatient on holiday, things will get sorted out just give them a chance. We even managed to keep our room on till 3pm even though they were fully booked.
As for the location, it wasn't that far from anywhere. 3minutes walk to the nearest supermarket, shops, bars and restaurants all around in the old village and 10 minute walk down to the main shops bars and restaurants in Icmeler. It was a pleasant walk and was never a hassle at all. The beach i would say was about 15 - 20 minutes walk depending on which way you went. We stayed mainly at the pool because it was lovely. One of the biggest pools in Icmeler, always clean, no ear infections at all!!! The usual towels on sunbeds, but you get that everywhere these days. Yes half of the sunbeds are in the shade by about 2 oclock but that wasnt always a bad thing as it was so hot the shade was really welcome. There was a small play area for children with a slide and a swing, with a pool table and table football, both free, they had both seen better days but the kids enjoyed them anyway.
All in all we had a great holiday, we met some lovely people and I wouldn't hesitate to return to the Faber. Thank you to Mehmet, Eden, Arpo and Ozlem for a great holiday.
See you again Brenda, David and Dancing Lewis

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor and was fine. There were ground floor rooms which would be fine for...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank Bren1966
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

So here we have it,the faber value for money no hassle hotel,I call it hell in a cell,this place was apparently on the centre of icmeler"believe me it's in middle of no were down a dark dusty road 15 mins walk to centre,that's wasn't the problem,the hotel was a dark dismal prison,2 adults 2 kids who paid good money for a pool view ended up walking up a spiral dark staircase to the top floor with no help at all with cases to be greeted to a boiling loft room with a 4x4 balcony"no aircon,peepy holes in the doors,they wouldn't change our room as we requested so after a load of abuse of the management we had made a devotion to pay for another hotel with no offer of a refund at all,I'm not a snob I'm a roofer back in England & used to working on dumps like this,I call to all BRITS"avoid this hotel at all costs,you will be very disappointed the Minuit you get out the taxi.....you don't deserve to do time in hell...rubbish dirty horrible management & hotel

5 Thank Mvw1975