“'FABULOUS FABER'”

Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
glasgow
“'FABULOUS FABER'”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

What can I say about the Faber Apart Hotel?
This was our seventh visit to Icmeler and we booked last minute after getting a really good deal. We looked online and seen the reviews and we knew the location of the apartments so we thought let's go for it.
The Faber did not disappoint. We arrived about 1am and Cuma met us from the coach and helped us in with our luggage and showed us to our room. My husband went back down to watch the football (our favourite spot over the next week) and Cuma looked after him from the start.
The apartments are lovely, pool area is beautiful and in a good area. The restaurant serves lovely food we ate a couple of breakfasts, a couple of lunches and a dinner there and the price is reasonable too.
But the thing that makes the Faber apartments so good are the staff. Now I have read some of the bad reviews on here and I really cannot understand what type of person would find the staff at the Faber anything but helpful, courteous, entertaining and friendly. All I can think of is that some people just cannot be pleased and are never happy no matter what but I can tell you my husband and I have travelled all over the world, we have been on quite a few cruises recently (5 & 6 star) and the staff at the Faber are up there with the best service we have ever had. Even going above and beyond when I took my gluten free bread down to the restaurant on the first morning and they toasted it for me and then kept it in their fridge in the bar for me so I could have it cooked for me by them whenever I needed it.
The staff are an asset to the Faber and we will definitely return to these apartments the next time we visit Icmeler.
Go to the Turkish night it's a great night for just £10 and also a good way to meet the other guests in the complex

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank cat2212

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We have just returned after a fab week here and I can honestly say our stay was fantastic. Our room was lovely the pool area was clean the bar and restaurant served a good selection of food an drinks. Now what made our holiday were the staff Emerh Memhet aka Neil you guys were so helpful funny and nothing was ever to much trouble we will miss our nights at the bar we had some funny nights an some great pictures! Juma you are a true gentleman thank you for looking after us teaching my little boy to make cocktails always being there to help you are a lovely person and thank you for some fabulous memories if ever you are looking for a relaxing friendly place to stay with some amazing people then this is were you should go thank you all so much hope to see u all soon! X

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Mandy F
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 June 2014

On booking this as a solo traveller I requested not to be put on the ground floor or top floor. This was emailed across to the hotel by on the beach. On arrival juma tried his usual tactic of taking the attic room for one night. I told him that they had been emailed and this was not up for discussion so I was placed on the ground floor. To my disgust I had learned that elderly people were placed on the top floor, highly dangerous for slips trips and falls and even worse with a power cut in pitch black darkness. They will feed you with rubbish telling you rooms are full when in fact they are not and anyone they see as vulnerable is straight to the dumping ground on the attic floor. Compare it to a sauna. So self catering is you purchase your own food and drinks be it at the shops or hotel- it's your choice thats why we do self catering. The morning I arrived I bought water from the local shop. I got four bottles for the same price they charge you for one bottle at the faber. I was told by juma I was not allowed to drink my own purchased water unless from the hotel. I told him self catering is self catering and not being able to drink my own water from the shop was not specified in any part of my booking. He said he would tell his manager oslem. I spoke with her and she had the front to tell me I don't listen. I actually heard her very well and in response to this water debacle I told her I have heard very clearly what she had to say and I respect her rules. But she also needed to understand that I wasn't drinking beer it was water, a basic necessity in blazing heat and also a self catering holiday. To top off this conversation I told her I require no special service I respect the rules but she has to respect the fact that I would not spend a single penny at her shop bar or restaurant and I didn't. Knockedher down a few notches. The staff will brown nose you until they come out the other end but they are only interested in your money. I didn't need their company. The few times I did get spoken to was to then get me to pay for a turkish night but I could have watched it from my balcony. I still chose not to bother with it. I met an elderly couple who were worried about leaving their luggage for the whole day in open reception so I offered them my room and sent them off to enjoy their last day. They returned and we had drinks and snacks on the balcony . Purchased from the shop. This was frowned upon and even juma appeared from nowhere to stick his nose in. I met a few other couples who ate and drank outside or in the apartments and they felt the same treatment. This was not an isolated case. It didn't hurt for me to walk from the pool to my room to cool off and grab a drink from my fridge but it didn't go down well with the hotel staff. All in all if you go self catering it is confined to your room. If you love being brown nosed it's the place for you. If you can't stand up for yourself they can bully and intimidate. Oslem threatened to have me moved as she said when she gets a headache from tourists she has them moved. I received a call from her the day Iaarrived saying my tour operator were on the phone. When I took the call I got a dead line. She then told me their offices were shut. I was on a self catering holiday it wasn't supposed to be a nightmare. Good riddance and I hope the faker and I mean faker lose out on business as a result of their taking advantage of tourists. It takes some people a year to save for a holiday.

• Stayed June 2014
11 Thank aneelk
ashgill
Reviewed 21 June 2014

my partner and I have just returned from a fab 2 weeks at the faber. this is our 2nd year staying here and we would highly recommend these apartments if you are staying in icmeler. the apartments are huge and have a living area as well as a fully equipped kitchen/ dining area and a large bedroom. the toilet contains a walk in shower. the rooms are cleaned daily and linen changed every other day. the pool is very clean and there are plenty of loungers to go round. the bar/ restaurant is manned by a fab group of guys who work hard to meet your every need. Juma, emrah and the rest of the guys are very friendly and we always had a laugh with them. the food is also very good in the restaurant and we had breakfast and evening meals on a number of occasions. I have read some of the other reviews (from guests who were on holiday at the same time as us) regarding the bar staff being rude and am astonished as these guys bent over backwards to help and were always pleasant. oh well some people just like to moan!!
thanks oslem, juma and the rest of the hardworking staff for making our holiday so relaxing and a lot of fun and we will see you next year. :)

6 Thank scotscoupleAshgill
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just back from a fabulous 2 weeks at the Faber apartments, just read a previous review from someone who was there at the same time and could not believe some of the comments, the staff, all of them were very helpful and friendly and went out of their way to help us enjoy our stay. Juma, Emra especially were the life and soul and Juma we will always remember your "31" story.The only thing I could say in the negative is not about the hotel but about the closure of the market and the stalls around the canal area,which was always something to look forward to, also the clampdown on the entertainment in the bars which is a bit disappointing. If there was one criticism Oslum if you read this, no ice making facility in the room we all like a wee drink on the balcony in the evening before we go out, we met a few lovely couples and had a great time and I would recommend the "Stella" show at the harbour,well worth the money and lots of fun had by all, as all our new found friends would agree..

Room Tip: Room 1109 does not get sun,so is quite cool and does not heat up at night.
3 Thank AlanElaine2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Brilliant hotel loved everything best holiday I was on last year staff were friendly meet some lovely people can't wait to go back this year ozlem was friendly helpful and always smiling and came and spoke to you all on all super hotel pool was perfect

Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Stephanie W
salford, manchester
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Ok where do I start? My husband and myself arrived here last Sunday morning around 1am and was met by the lovely Juma, who quickly checked us in and showed us to our room on the 2nd floor, which we had requested via email prior to arriving (thank you Ozlem). I'm going to get the criticism out of the way right at the start, which is; we found the bathroom a bit on the small side, we sometimes struggled with locking the door, which when we rang down the reception guy came straight up to show us how to sort it, no full length mirror in the rooms and the light on our landing didn't always work at night, again when my husband mentioned this to Ozlem it was dealt with really quickly. Now that's out of the way let me tell you about the good things at the Faber; living room/bedroom/balcony all spacious, housekeeping everyday, peaceful pool area with more than enough loungers, nice food when you wanted it, any problems dealt with asap, in an ideal location with supermarkets, restaurants, bars all on the doorstep, 5-10 minute stroll to the beach and finally the best staff we've ever encountered in any hotel. We can not praise Juma, Emerah, Mehmet, and the others enough, nothing was ever too much trouble for these guys. Whilst all of the staff were lovely friendly lads it was definitely Juma who made our holiday, we have never laughed as much as we did on this holiday, his stories are truly amazing and funny, (31 being the best, but we will leave that for Juma to disclose to his future guests/friends) haha, he never once asked us to go to bed so that he could lock up the bar and go home, most mornings he was still there 3 or 4 hours after his shift had finished. Juma was always friendly, well mannered and polite with all customers, and game for a laugh (my husband and a few friends decided to throw him in the pool on our last day, with Ozlem's permission) and we truly believe that he is a credit to the Faber hotel. We would have no problems with booking the Faber again if we ever return to Icmeler.

3 Thank lesnlee