“Great Holiday! Great Time!”
Review of Faber Apart Hotel

Faber Apart Hotel
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We travelled to Icmeler on 5th July. After a delay of 3 hours for our flight we finally arrived at Faber Apartments after 4am in the morning. We were promptly given a room on the ground floor and helped with our bags to the room by the guy on reception.

In the morning we asked for help booking our excursions and were pointed to the bar/pool staff; Juma, Emra and Mehmet.
They made us feel very comfortable and explained each excursion and gave us their personal recommendations.

Throughout the holiday all of the staff ensured that we were happy and comfortable and it was a great place to come back to after a long day out. The pool area was comfortable and clean and Juma, Emra and Mehmet (and Paris) made sure we were well looked after. There was a good selection of music played and when they found out my name, Rihanna was played a little more often! The entertainment at the hotel was good as well and the Turkish night at the hotel was a great way to meet other guests! But if that isn't enough for you there was a good club just a short walk from the hotel OR bar street was a bus journey away, which was even better.

Food was a good price and was a decent quality so we alternated between eating in the hotel and eating out. During the day there is a lady who makes fantastic waffles at the hotel! (which I am currently missing!)

Our room was well maintained and very comfortable. We even had the welcome bonus of a friendly cat who visited our balcony! We were soon to find out that the cat was a regular at the hotel and was called Michelle!!! We did have an issue with the aircon but when we spoke to the manager the problem was fixed quickly!

The hotel is in a really good location and is close to restaurants and the beach so you have a choice of staying by the pool or going to relax by the beach. So we did both!

This is my second time in Turkey and my first time staying in Icmeler and it was amazing! We spent 8 nights at Faber apartments and I must say I was really sad to leave. The staff were amazing and I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU TO JUMA, EMRA, MEHMET, PARIS, THE CHEF, THE WAFFLE WOMAN and ALL OF THE OTHER STAFF THAT MADE THIS AN AMAZING HOLIDAY! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others looking for a nice, relaxing holiday and is close to amenities and the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Riahna G

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Omg 2 weeks with no cleaner, but had bedding changed twice in two weeks!!!! Out of 10 days of my holiday did not have a single day of there being no electric, water or usually both? Live cables were hanging from walls and when I asked for someone to fix it ( after asking to change rooms with no effect!) they came with 1 pair of pliers and shoved cable back into hole in the wall!!!!! The air con broke but I was asked-sorry TOLD I had to pay for it just because the unit was in our room, this is the unit that was dripping water onto a wall light that god only knows if that was earthed or not and i never dare use!! I have CHILDREN and was in constant fear of their safety
Some guests were sleeping on the sun loungers rather than in their VERY UNSAFE rooms.
Whilst visiting the bar/ eating area I turned 360o after seeing at least 3 cat poos, dirty glasses and fly ridden food >:(
I spoke personally with the manager who was just outright nasty to me, wouldn't even look in to mine or any other of the many problems guests had! As I thankfully left a coach full of guests arrived only to find out there was not 1 room ready for them. This isn't a vindictive review it is an HONEST REVIEW

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Jane B
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife stayed 11 nights at the faber aparthotel in July. At first glance at 3 in the morning the place looks really modern and fresh , though in the reality of daylight the exterior of the building shows signs of poor maintainance It's steel front really could do with a clean to freshen the place up.when we arrived early morning the boy in the reception hardly spoke a word of English and really struggled to explain how the air con worked (£60 extra for two weeks) in the end I fathomed it out for myself.the rooms are roomy enough although we paid extra for a poolside view we noticed that all the rooms are poolside !!!!.The rooms are poorly maintained also.the kitchen had no microwave as advertised on the faber website.the space is there from when there originally was one.the crockery a nd utensils are very very limited.you could not possibly self cater for 2 weeks in this kitchen.the bathroom was of a very poor standard.very grubby wall tiles patched in around shower tray .mdf sink cabinet totally warped with water penetration., the toilet seat was a soft foam type with a picture of a mermaid on top like something you would buy in a tacky £ store.the shower cubicle had screws sticking out of the walls where the original riser rail had been.thecshower tray filled right to the top when showering .drains choked .The mattress had a massive stain on it and the rooms were cleaned by young boys and 1 maid.towels every3 days and buy your own toilet paper.1 roll there on arrival. The accommodation block needs serious money spent on it and the work to be carried out by real tradesmen and not bad handymen.the plus side of faber is the pool which is a good size and very clean.sunbeds could be improved and they suffer the usual fate of having towels laid on them at 7 and 8 in the morning by people who don't use them till afternoon !!!!!!!!! (No rules in place at all regarding towels).The bar is small but we'll stocked.tbe restaurant does nice breakfasts and lunches at reasonable prices. Service is good and friendly mostly because of the nice people who run it namely juma emra and the rest of the very polite and helpful boys.it certainly wasn't a £1100 holidays worth and I wouldn't visit this apart again, unless it really improved the buildings inside and out.shame really we expected so much more.thanks sunshine.co.uk

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tommygGlasgow
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

our family of 6 are still here and only writing this now as im in the air con room because of the intense.

Rooms
good size ,upto date , clean with. air con, nice large balcony suitable for 4

Staff
well what can i say most friendliest ,helpful staff i have met on any holiday i have been on, Emra ,Juma,Mehmet were brill and couldnt do enough! example had dehydration and had no appetite so Emra went to the local shop and got me some melon in his own time and wouldnt take a penny .Juma was making me special drinks to rehydrate me, and i mustnt forget Paris and the chefs son who were helpful and always smiling. The food was fine but we only ate at lunch time.
The only slight moan is the air con is only in one room not two. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and ideal for families

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Caroline W
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Faber apartments - first impressions very warm and welcoming and staff always happy to please , clean and tidy room with a pleasant view over pool and bar area - BUT I recommend using the safety deposit box at all times as unfortunately on our penultimate day a small amount of cash appeared to go missing from my daughters purse whilst left on her bed in the room - Staff not quite so friendly then when challenged about this in fact became quite abrupt and made us feel as if we were in the wrong and my daughter left feeling as though it was her fault !! So just be vigilant xx

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Smegr
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great time at faber one of my best hoildays nice and clean and very friendly juma and emra and rest if staff could not do enough 4 you pool very good 4 familys will b back 1 day all the best juma the baggies fan.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our 1st night was spent in the attic but we got a move to the ground floor on our 2nd day. Attic rooms are fine but very warm and the balcony is small. We didn't bother with air-con as its a bit pricey at £10 PN but we were fine with the balcony door left open, we even had a friendly cat join us on many occasions! Safe was £15 PW. Room suited our needs and was big enough for the 4 of us. Cleaner (or her lads) called daily and towels were changed every 2nd day.
Never any problem with getting a sunbed but the sun worshippers amongst you might want to be aware that the beds on the hotel side move into shade about 2ish. Very welcome in July though. The pool area is a decent size and very well kept. The bar guys are constantly checking the ph levels of the pool during the day.
We had a few breakfasts in the hotel and they were nice and good value, never had any other meals there so can't comment.
Juma and the other bar guys are stars (as are all the staff from Ozlem down). Never any hassle to eat or drink there but they're on hand should you need anything. If you get the munchies during the night Juma normally phones a takeaway about 2am and will order for you.
Theres no entertainment apart from Turkish night on a Sunday but they do have karaoke, just ask for it, Juma singing Barbie Girl has to be seen! LOL
All in all we enjoyed our stay and certainly wouldn't have any hesitation in returning. But screaming kids? Enjoying themselves on holiday? Whatever next? It was actually good to see so many kids having a whale of a time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family