“will be better”
Review of Hotel Eda

Hotel Eda
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 4 August 2013

we stayed here between 14th-28th june,dougie(as we called him) and his lovely wife are running things with additional help from there folks,aunt and friend ebra,all very helpful n polite but do lack experience,but hey we all gotta start somewhere,the rooms were cleaned every three days and beds made towels changed ect,although a little outdated but for the price a bed and clean room with shower is wot i expected not the ritz,breakfast was typical turkish but could have as much as we wanted,boiled eggs,olives bread tomatoes honey,or full english for a few quid but had to ask for toast or some cooked meats but were provided,gengis the chef was very polite and pleasent to talk with,ask him for a egg n chips butty,to die for,would like to see next years refurb as they plan and for the price would go back,rooms are fine for two any more make it cramped,a good base if your on a budget.tony and di (hull)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tony y

Reviewed 24 July 2013

this hotel has changed hands,Engin and Ersin are no longer there.so who ever wrote the last review for June this year told a pokie.Due to family illness the family had to step out.A lovely young couple are running this hotel but lack hotel management.we constantly had to ask for toilet rolls.You got one every four days when the beds linen was changed and room cleaned in between at no time ever was our bed made,we had to do our own.I don't go away to make my own bed that's why I go into a hotel so that they can do it.You can no longer smoke in the rooms or hotel ,only on the outside areas.breakfast was very poor 1 egg per person.The hotel is going to have a refurbish for next year and I wish this young couple good luck and looking forward to seeing the NEW EDA next year??

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nuttall_kelly
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Have stayed at this hotel three times and booked again, would not stay anywhere else. Very friendly family hotel, cannot do enough for you. No pressure just relax and enjoy and have fun. Enkin ans Ersin are brilliant behind the bar and good for a laugh.
Those who visit will come back!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 26 September 2012

lovely brilliant hotel with such lovely people working there. Had a brilliant time staying at this hotel, very friendly people, bubbly atmosphere, brilliant sense of humor. Definitely will go back there again. This is the hotel to stay literally round the corner from the beach and shopping area. a great family hotel.The rooms are basic, comfortable and clean, a place to shower and sleep is all you expect. Best thing is other guests talk to you and have a drink with you too ever so friendly. Will definite go back next year.. 10 outa 10 x :) saika and iram

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank saika b
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Having read reviews for this hotel I was very unsure what to expect. My own experience after returning is that if you are looking for a clean, basic room in a central location, you can't go wrong. Some reviews have said their rooms weren't cleaned or bedsheets changed but I never experienced this. The maid was in every day to sweep with the bedding and towels changed reguarly. Please remember this is a 2 star hotel so don't go expecting 5 star!!!
The rooms are very basic and could do with a little upgrading but from my experience in Turkey this applies to most hotels/apartments. They have sofas and chairs out front and this was a lovely way for the guests to meet and chat with each other.
The two brothers Ersin and Engin are lovely and go out of their way to ensure you are happy. The meals we had were all lovely cooked by Ersin and mama.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Currently in this sham of a hotel now. I come to icmeler every year and thought I would come to this hotel as I read such lovely reviews. I wish I hadn't bothered! If I could afford to move, I would. Instead I literally only use the hotel to sleep in. We have had the same bedding for 6 days so far, it was dirty when we arrived and is still dirty now. The balcony door is falling apart. This was reported on first day n they done bugger all about it. The older of the 2 brothers is rude and miserable and I haven't even been spoken to by the rest of this "oh so loving" family. We are not made to feel welcome in the slightest. I expected a basic room, but expected it to be clean which it isn't. The breakfast being basic is understatement of the year. It is literally cucumber, tomato, boiled eggs, bread and cheese. Nothing more! I would NEVER recommend this place to any1 and next year will definitely go back to my regular hotel. I could write so much more about this dump but don't think they deserve me wasting my time on them!! If U have never been here b4 then I beg U listen to my honest review and find somewhere better!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank EmNSu
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Arrived for our 2nd stay in this hotel 2 years after our first and from the moment we stepped off the bus we were treated like royalty.
Those running the hotel are so friendly you feel like one of the family, Engin and Ersin do most the work and Mama and Papa are so nice they treat you like one of their own. Spend some time and talk to the lads and you'll really discover what genuine people they are. Make the effort and eat in and you'll discover Ersin and Mama to be some of the best chef's in Icmeler.
The hotel is ideally situated, just a short walk from the beach and town centre. The pool area is small but perfect, well maintained and very clean and gets great sun throughout the whole day and has shade for those who want it as well.
The best thing about this hotel is everyone is friendly and take the time to talk to each other, guests congregate on the sofas outside for drinks and chat before going out for the evening and likewise everyone ends the night in the same vein.
The rooms are basic, comfortable and clean, a place to shower and sleep is all you expect. To all those complaining about the standard of the rooms have a think about how much you are paying per night, if you want Ritz service go somewhere else and pay Ritz prices.
Engin & Ersin thanks for a great time, see you soon we'll certainly be back again.
Martin & Joi