“Villamar”

Villamar
Villamar
Ranked #19 of 25 Icmeler B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at the Villamar for two weeks (actually it worked out 12 nights|) Because of the flight times) .

I was there from 23 Sept to Oct 7 th 2013. I know you pay for what you get, The hotel was the worst one I have stayed in . I have been to Icmeler around 15 times and know my way around the area. I couldn't relax there. The Manager was creepy and the Barman was only out for himself . The drinks were very expensive compared to other bars and hotels around the area. They overcharged me for drinks saying I owed more than I had . The pool was shady due to the high trees overlooking the pool hence no sunshine. I used the hotel as a base as I was visiting friends near where this hotel was based . The shower cubicule door was broken and so was the floor tile in the bathroom . The sheets were not changed that regular and towels were changed once a week, unless I put them in the shower cubicule for washing.

I did think the air con for a week was expensive. The safety deposit box worked out expensive as well although I did have to have it so paid what I had to. The only thing in their favour was free wi-fi
The breakfast was turkish and was no choice of any english breakfast ,toast would have been nice , no orange juice just horrible tea and coffee the cheapest they could get there hands on . The Bar although I only used it a few times did not have any drinks they ran out, two days before I went home obviously no stock left.

While I was there it was like a ghost house not many people drinking or eating there.

I did meet a couple of people there but they all said the same.

I won't ever stay there again although it was quite central to different parts of the town .

Room Tip: Just ask for a balcony overlooking pool , as at least that got sunshine in the mornings
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Vicky P

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was in Icmeler over a month and chose to stay in the Villamar for 8 days. The rooms were adequate and clean with lovely towels changed daily. The breakfast was adequate and the staff pleasant. I must mention the night receptionist that greeted me a 6 am on my arrival and was very helpful. He was asked by the manager to also take my luggage to the next hotel and he refused a tip for his trouble. (I really tried to tip him) All in all value for money very quiet and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel for a short stay and exceptional value for money.

Room Tip: My room was in a fine position.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Diane289
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Judging by other reviews here I think people should remember you get what you pay for. The villa mar is astonishingly cheap but I didn't find it dirty or inadequate I have stayed in other establishments in icmeler that were far worse and far mor expensive . IT is very friendly had no issues with mehmet and I think people should remember that fathi has hearing difficulties so can't understand what is being said a lot of the time ,rooms basic but fine communal areas shabby but for 30 pounds for 7 days can be overlooked would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gillian1970
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Arrive at 3am just wanted to go to bed couldn't get in room receptionist struggled for 10 minutes after which the lights did not work he had to go and wake another waiter to try who after a further 5mins got the key fob to work said would sort it in morning, STILL WAITING. In the morning made the mistake of shutting toilet door couldn't open it from outside fetched manager who came armed with his screwdriver to open door who said its not a problem just don't close door !!! We have been going to Icmeler for 15 years and this is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel !!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les B
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I'll try and give as balanced a view as possible here - we booked a cheap 2 star hotel so expected what comes with that. On arrival, the manager had no idea we were coming but was helpful in sorting that out quickly (the hotel was never very full so no issue), he gave us a twin room which was then swapped to a double as booked. He speaks very little English and we found him to apologise a lot. I feel we were overcharged for air-con and safe box, £100 for 14 nights; I expected to be charged but this effectively doubles the cost of the room. The room itself was very basic, which was ok but it was not as clean as I would like. The bathroom had no shower curtain and the door didn't close. In the first week, the room was cleaned sporadically and in the second it was just the towels that were usually changed, though they were not always clean. Communal areas were always clean. I agree with others that the welcome becomes much less friendly when you don't spend your money there - it was dead and we preferred to walk elsewhere anywhere so didn't eat or drink. The location is perfect and noise etc is as you would expect. Overall, I wouldn't recommend the hotel and won't be going again.

Room Tip: When doors were left open some rooms did look better than ours, not sure how to recommend how to get...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Neil F
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Just got back from 10 days at the Villamar Hotel in Icmeler and had to let others know how bad it really is. We expected it to be basic as it was relatively cheap - but it was not only basic but filthy dirty and very shabby and run down. Our room had not been cleaned properly when we arrived, dust everywhere, stains all over the mirror, drinking glasses not cleaned, bathroom sink dirty. Lights not working, the balcony was flooded by a leaking air con fan and no hot water for showers. The manager and staff (with the exception of Mehmet the head barman who was ok) spoke little or no English, and we weren't told how to use the air con, how to lock the door or where the safety deposit box was kept. All pretty basic stuff you expect to be shown when you arrive. The hotel manager was slimy and false, only bothered about making as much money out of us as possible and complained to us when we chose not to eat at the hotel, making us feel obliged to eat there when we didn't want to. We got ripped off several times, by the bar staff over charging for drinks and had to pay 70 lira for a replacement room key which the manager just got out of his desk! As a resort Icmeler was great, lots of lively bars and good restaurants with lovely food, we would go to Icmeler again, but not to the Villamar Hotel - what a dump!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Angie B
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Looking at Villamar hotel online it looks like a lovely, cosy little hotel. But just wait till you get there! We were greeted by the slimy horrible manager who tried to rip us off left right and centre. Had to pay a lot of money for air con for 10 days, and because the room key went missing we had to pay loads of money for a new one, all he did was just get a spare key out the cupboard! His personality, the way he looked at us, he was just a vile creature. We were taken to our room on the top floor which was a triple room, it was filthy and there was a huge flying insect which we spent all night trying to get rid of! Had a decent shower but no hot water. There was a leaking pipe on the balcony (if you can even call it a balcony, it was more like a shelf) which made it impossible to sit out there. Although the bar staff were polite and friendly, we caught them twice money grabbing. We had 1 round of drinks in the bar and the guy Mehmet tried to say it was 60 TL, but the next day we chased it up and it turned out to be more like 40 TL. You can never trust them. Despite all of the bad points, the pool was decent and the café/bar area was pleasant. All inclusive Turkish breakfast was nice but we didn't feel comfortable eating there. Icmeler is great if you're looking for loud music and lots of dancing, very touristy, we were looking for a more authentic Turkish atmosphere, which we actually found in Marmaris and Turunc. All in all, would have been a great holiday but the hotel just ruined it for us. Don't stay there.

Room Tip: if you're crazy enough to stay there, chose a double room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family