“Definately not worthy of 3* rating!”
Review of Private Hotel

Private Hotel
Ranked #49 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel, we decided to try a different hotel this time than the usual 3* hotel we usually stay in and I was disgusted by the state of the hotel. As soon as we entered our family room we knew we had made a mistake. Our room was literally right above a bar and right across the road from one of the noisiest bars I have heard in the area, also if we stood on our balcony we could see straight into a shack in the next building were we would often find bar staff sleeping day and night in there. Myself and my sister were sat on our balcony (bearing in mind we are only teenagers) and one of the bar staff from the bar below our window climbed up on a fire escape next to our balcony and scared us so much that we never sat out on the balcony again for the whole 2 weeks. Our window was overlooking a river which is surrounded by bars, and many nights we were woken up, I could not sleep at all most nights, I think i got all of 2 good nights sleep, and one night we were awoken by a fight right outside of our window at 3am!
The air conditioning (which is only in the main room and not the twin bed room) was £65 AND I MEAN £ NOT LIRA! and the safes were also very overpriced, but due to not feeling safe we shelled out for the safe. The usual 3* hotel we stay at has free air conditioning in both rooms, and considering it was the end of June we could not handle the heat and had to leave our balcony doors and windows open, which made us feel very unsafe but due to having no air conditioning in the twin bedroom we had no choice.
The rooms are absolutely disgusting. On all of our bedsheets their was mould on the pillows as well as the mould, their were also sweat stains (they were completely yellow), my pillow was also very hard and lumpy, i ended up using a blanket rolled up and had a very stiff neck every morning, also I slept on my beach towel (I did not use the bathroom towels as they also had moon them). The rooms were vry rarely cleaned, all they did was fold up the same towels which we had been using all week and I had the same bottom sheet for the whole 2 weeks, i could tell as the mould was always in the same place.The plug sockets were hanging out of the walls, mould on the curtains and on the walls. Their was also the 'mini bar' which was far from mini, it was absolutely huge and we found we could not leave it plugged in as it was very loud and often cluncked and clanged through the night. I was absolutely disgusted by the state of the room to say the least. The shower was absolutely tiny, now I am only a size 10 and i couldn't move without the curtain sticking to me, but that was the least of the problems.
We went half board, which was breakfast and an evening meal. The breakfast was extremely basic, with just 2 cereal selections and the basic continental breakfast. Also, for our evening meal we were sent to a hotel a minute or so away (we were not informed of this until we came down and realised that their was no dinner served in the breakfast area). The hotel we went to for dinner was absolutely packed, we only managed to get a table 5 out of the 14 nights, and often had to wait half an hour for the table, also we were literally the only English speaking people in the hotel and so they only catered for Germans, Russians etc. Therefore we ended up just going out for dinner most nights. Although, i did manage to lose half a stone as i very much disliked the food, which i guess is a good thing! We never stayed at the pool or went to the bar that is the other end of the pool. one of the 3 reception staff was very unhelpful and unfriendly, the other 2 did not seem to bad.
It was certainly the worst ever holiday I have had and i couldn't wait to leave! which is a first as I have always enjoyed my previous visits to Icmeler. I would not come back to this hotel if someone paid me.
Before going to the hotel, I did read the reviews on this site and although i saw many bad reviews I remained hopefully and thought it was just fussy people who had only ever stayed in 5* hotels, BUT PLEASE BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS, I AM NOT EXAGGERATING! I took pictures of all of the issues with the rooms but unfortunately i cannot upload them. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS WE DID!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tammy221

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The room we were provided on our arrival in the attic was not fit for a dog!

Although our booking was for a standard room we were provided with a promo room.

We were eventually moved when I paid an extra £65. We are currently attempting to get that back from Jlm travel who quite frankly are as disappointing as this hotel

The facilities are basic at best. Other than one very friendly guy on reception all of the hotel staff are miserable.

We are and have been frequent visitors to Turkey but this hotel has turned me off visiting again.

Room Tip: Quite simply don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank genuinejenk
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from 17 days here and can highly recommend it. The rooms are cleaned daily and the reception staff are excellent. It isn't 5 star and doesn't claim to be but we always try to book here when wd visit icmeler because of its location and comfortable feeling we get there. We will be back next year without doubt.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Having been to Iclemer many times on all inclusive holidays we decided to try bed and breakfast as we like dining out.We chose the Private Hotel as we rarely stay at the same hotel twice.For what we paid( £85 each for 2 weeks) we were pleasantly surprised.The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant.Our rooms were cleaned daily to a good standard with fresh towels daily and bedding every 3 days.,
The breakfast is standard fare, boiled Eggs, corn flakes, cheese and one type of meat, toast and jam, however if this is not to your liking you can get a full English in the outside dining area beside the pool for just under £2.The only downside of the hotel is that you have to pay £65 for the air conditioning when other hotels include it in the price, the safe costs around £30 so this can add considerably to the bill.
The front of the hotel is extremely noisy until midnight with the Irish Bar on one side and the Bamboo on the other competing with each other to see who could make the most noise, however this stops at 12PM as Turkish law forbids loud music after that time.
Do not choose an attic room (4th floor) as they are hot, stuffy and extremely small., having said all of this we would return to this hotel again and ask for a low floor room and one to the rear of the hotel. A very pleasant holiday

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are considerably quieter and ask for a low floor when booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank sammythespaniel
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel. It has great central location the staff are always friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble Hassan and Osman on reception will always help you. The rooms are cleaned every day. We have tried other hotels, but we always come back to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank Deb E
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for the last 7 years the staff are very helpful and cant do enough for you the rooms are cleaned every day with fresh towels i have tried other hotel but always come back to this one i would highly recommend it. It has 24 hour reception and Hassan and Osman cannot do enough for you.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I left a review but you replied in Turkish?
I had a fab time in July 2013
Please can you reply in English
So I read your reply
I would book you again but your fully booked up when I'm there on 2 wk.
you have a great hotel and I enjoyed my stAy

• Stayed: July 2013