“good basic”
Review of Private Hotel

Private Hotel
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 25 May 2014

clean, basic, friendly , good base for getting out an about, the hilton its not ,but a good basic hotel we was just BB ,beds very comfy ,plenty hot water, breakfast was simple not a cooked one ,ham cheese tomato boiled egg bread jams

Room Tip: try to avoid fourth floor as they are attic rooms so have sloping ceiling
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diane186364

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We arrived to a nice welcome from the reception guy and also the bar staff. We were accommodated with a room of our choice (however this was probably possible as the hotel was very quiet). Staff were extremely friendly and made friends with us by introducing themselves and remembering our names and talking to us whenever they saw us. The rooms were basic and dated, but were cleaned daily, bed a little hard but we both slept fine. The hotel situated in a good location for beach and bars and restaurants. The noise from the Irish bar opposite was not a problem for us, it seems to all end by midnight anyway. The Blues Brother bar which is part of the hotel was a little quiet due to time of year, but can tell that when the season gets going it will be good fun, the lads all work very hard trying to make your holiday enjoyable. I would recommenced this hotel if you are after a cheap break away as we did, wish we had gone a little later in the month as it was all very quiet and bars and restaurants pretty empty lacking atmosphere. We went B & B, we did have a meal in the bar on our last day and it was very good, as were all the other restaurants we went to nearby. Don't go with expectations of a 5* hotel, because you get what you pay for, the Private was good value for the money. A cheap friendly hotel, we would go back.

Room Tip: we overlooked the Irish bar, probably best to avoid if you don't like noise during the evening.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank suejohnson57
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed here august 2011, looked online for good priced accomindation and we found this hotel, looked lovely but we were a on guard about it, but when we arrived we had our rights to be on guard, The reception area was nice and welcoming but one of the staff was not, their were 2 receptionist one male (brilliant) one female (not so brilliant) she was really rude to us and would allow us to bring any drinks in i.e small bottles of coke etc, Tommy the bar manager was really rude to my mother-in law, we had ordered and couple of drinks the large carlsberg bottles which were at a reasonable price, then we ordered the same but suddenly the bottles got smaller for the same price so like anyone else would do.. you would complain, His reaction to my mother in-law was 'why can't you enjoy yourself like everybody else' and worst thing he said was she was going to ruin everyone else's evening and that she was making he 'very angry' not the sort of thing you would say to a guest am i right? after all of that the 2nd staff member who made things a little bit better was Chris he was great made sure we were ok for the rest of our stay and was always around to help.

one day we had all woken up pretty early and went downstairs to reserve a couple of seats by the pool by putting our towels down, we went for a walk and 1-2 hours later came back ONLY to find Tommy working behind the bar and our towels and the bottom of the pool!!

was not very happy and will not be staying here again in the future!

Room Tip: Dont stay here!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank danrogers68
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Came here June 2013 with my girlfriend and some family booked it last minute and was nervous to wat it would be like ! Have been to 5 star hotels all my life and can honestly say this was 1 of the best holidays I've had It was very basic but wat more do you want if you want 5star facility's you pay 5 star money !! It's clean friendly and in a brilliant location they do a great BBQ night also mega value for money would definitely go again !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank tommy f
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel, we decided to try a different hotel this time than the usual 3* hotel we usually stay in and I was disgusted by the state of the hotel. As soon as we entered our family room we knew we had made a mistake. Our room was literally right above a bar and right across the road from one of the noisiest bars I have heard in the area, also if we stood on our balcony we could see straight into a shack in the next building were we would often find bar staff sleeping day and night in there. Myself and my sister were sat on our balcony (bearing in mind we are only teenagers) and one of the bar staff from the bar below our window climbed up on a fire escape next to our balcony and scared us so much that we never sat out on the balcony again for the whole 2 weeks. Our window was overlooking a river which is surrounded by bars, and many nights we were woken up, I could not sleep at all most nights, I think i got all of 2 good nights sleep, and one night we were awoken by a fight right outside of our window at 3am!
The air conditioning (which is only in the main room and not the twin bed room) was £65 AND I MEAN £ NOT LIRA! and the safes were also very overpriced, but due to not feeling safe we shelled out for the safe. The usual 3* hotel we stay at has free air conditioning in both rooms, and considering it was the end of June we could not handle the heat and had to leave our balcony doors and windows open, which made us feel very unsafe but due to having no air conditioning in the twin bedroom we had no choice.
The rooms are absolutely disgusting. On all of our bedsheets their was mould on the pillows as well as the mould, their were also sweat stains (they were completely yellow), my pillow was also very hard and lumpy, i ended up using a blanket rolled up and had a very stiff neck every morning, also I slept on my beach towel (I did not use the bathroom towels as they also had moon them). The rooms were vry rarely cleaned, all they did was fold up the same towels which we had been using all week and I had the same bottom sheet for the whole 2 weeks, i could tell as the mould was always in the same place.The plug sockets were hanging out of the walls, mould on the curtains and on the walls. Their was also the 'mini bar' which was far from mini, it was absolutely huge and we found we could not leave it plugged in as it was very loud and often cluncked and clanged through the night. I was absolutely disgusted by the state of the room to say the least. The shower was absolutely tiny, now I am only a size 10 and i couldn't move without the curtain sticking to me, but that was the least of the problems.
We went half board, which was breakfast and an evening meal. The breakfast was extremely basic, with just 2 cereal selections and the basic continental breakfast. Also, for our evening meal we were sent to a hotel a minute or so away (we were not informed of this until we came down and realised that their was no dinner served in the breakfast area). The hotel we went to for dinner was absolutely packed, we only managed to get a table 5 out of the 14 nights, and often had to wait half an hour for the table, also we were literally the only English speaking people in the hotel and so they only catered for Germans, Russians etc. Therefore we ended up just going out for dinner most nights. Although, i did manage to lose half a stone as i very much disliked the food, which i guess is a good thing! We never stayed at the pool or went to the bar that is the other end of the pool. one of the 3 reception staff was very unhelpful and unfriendly, the other 2 did not seem to bad.
It was certainly the worst ever holiday I have had and i couldn't wait to leave! which is a first as I have always enjoyed my previous visits to Icmeler. I would not come back to this hotel if someone paid me.
Before going to the hotel, I did read the reviews on this site and although i saw many bad reviews I remained hopefully and thought it was just fussy people who had only ever stayed in 5* hotels, BUT PLEASE BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS, I AM NOT EXAGGERATING! I took pictures of all of the issues with the rooms but unfortunately i cannot upload them. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS WE DID!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Tammy221
Reviewed 2 November 2013

The room we were provided on our arrival in the attic was not fit for a dog!

Although our booking was for a standard room we were provided with a promo room.

We were eventually moved when I paid an extra £65. We are currently attempting to get that back from Jlm travel who quite frankly are as disappointing as this hotel

The facilities are basic at best. Other than one very friendly guy on reception all of the hotel staff are miserable.

We are and have been frequent visitors to Turkey but this hotel has turned me off visiting again.

Room Tip: Quite simply don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank genuinejenk
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from 17 days here and can highly recommend it. The rooms are cleaned daily and the reception staff are excellent. It isn't 5 star and doesn't claim to be but we always try to book here when wd visit icmeler because of its location and comfortable feeling we get there. We will be back next year without doubt.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends