I am just home from a one week stay in the Ercanhan Hotel, Icemeler and had an absolutely fabulous time. Here's a summary of what my fiancé and I (we are 24 and 23) thought of the place:
Perfect. If you leave the hotel and turn right onto the little side street it is on you find yourself right on one of the main streets of Icmeler which contains, in our experience, 2 of it's best restaurants (The Chef and The Loveboat, right next door to each other). Crossing this street leads you to the pretty Canal which is lined with palm trees, restaurants, bars, market stalls and hotels and leads to the beach, all in all about a 5-6 min walk on a hot day.
Very clean, not cramped but not large either, good air-con, neutrally decorated, modern furniture, all have balconies, admittedly basic, no-frills but comfortable.
The pool has plenty sunbeds to go round (we were often not up and about until mid-day and always managed to get one) and if on the odd occasion there aren't enough it also has loads of large comfortable pillows which can be used as beds and are very comfy! The pool itself isn't particularly big but big enough for a dip to cool off in especially considering the hotel itself is quite small.
HOTEL FOOD/ DRINKS:
The pool has its own bar which sells lunch and snacks. We particularly enjoyed their pizzas and burgers, their omelettes and steak baguettes also seemed really popular. We only ate in the restaurant once as we like eating out, the meal we had was nice and other people seemed to enjoy what they had. It's not the best meal you'll have in Icmeler but definitely tasty and good if you just want a lazy night. They have a lot of theme nights and entertainment which are worth doing. It is particularly nice at night as it has just been done up and is nicely lit with flat screen TVs and water features.
We only managed to be up in time for breakfast once (it finishes at 10am) it was nothing exciting just some bread, cheeses, olives, jams etc which I think is a typical Turkish breakfast.
Lovely and can't do enough for you. Due to the size of the hotel other than the cleaners and chefs there were only really 4 or 5 hotel staff, all young Turkish men. Their English is excellent and they made sure they learned every guest's name. They weren't obtrusive though and would let you do your own thing. Another thing we noticed was how good they were with the children in the hotel who seemed to really like them.
If you're looking for luxury this hotel isn't for you, it's a good three star with all the essentials but definitely no extras hence the title of this review: Great for the price! Downsides for us were:
- The price of the air conditioning which worked out at about £40 for the week which is more expensive than we've ever paid before, we had to have it though as it was particuarly hot when we were there so just paid!
- For some reason there are no minibars in the rooms which means there are no fridges. We really missed that just for putting bottles of water and after sun in. It was something other guests mentioned too.
- There are a couple of areas other then the pool and the restaurant which are in need of an update in terms of decoration but nothing major.
- The hotel is three stories high but doesn't have a lift. I think they tend to put the younger people like ourselves on the top floor because we didn't find the stairs a problem so if you're older you'll probably get a room on the first or second but we couldn't help thinking they should have a lift.
Apart from that we couldn't really fault the place for the price.
If you're looking for a good value get away to the sun to a resort with plenty of sun (there was never a cloud in the sky), good food, lovely people (I didn't experience the 'sleaziness' people have mentioned before although this may be because I was with my fiancé rather than a group of girls) then the Ercanhan is for you. The guests are mixed- there were a few couples in their early twenties like ourselves, some couples in their thirties, some families with children (but not too many!) and some older people too.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Atrapalo, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ercanhan Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ercanhan Hotel Icmeler