“"Shabby hotel....should be 2 star rating"”
Review of Kapmar Hotel

Kapmar Hotel
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Manchester, United Kingdom
“"Shabby hotel....should be 2 star rating"”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have just returned from the Kapmar Hotel, after a 10 day holiday with my sisters and friends to celebrate my 60th birthday. I have been to Icmeler over a dozen times and I love it....but this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. It needs a complete make over. Its very shabby and depressing to walk into [although the bedrooms were ok] and some places are quite dirty. Check the glass windows where the lifts are!!! There are no fridges in the rooms, which was a big disappointment, as the leaflet I picked up the year previously , whilst on another holiday, stated that all rooms had a fridge. If you want a sunbed by the pool.... you will need to be up at 6am to save one, as the towel brigade are out in force. We had to go to some apartments where my sister new the manager and he kindly let us use his pool for the whole holiday. Although we hardly spent any time at the hotel, because it was so depressive, I found the hotel staff to be quite rude, especially Murat. I used the telephone in my room to call home and when he next saw me he asked me to pay 20 lira. I said " Oh, I did'nt think I needed to pay until the end of my holiday". Which is usually the case!!!!!! At which he replied, very rudely "No, you pay now". He only started smiling at us when I had a heated verbal exchange with him and told him how rude he was. The staff were not very sociable, except for the guy who organised the entertainment [who looked like Mr Bean]. He was running round like a headless chicken trying to do everything.... we really felt sorry for him. Breakfast was ok if you like the same food everyday....boiled eggs, cheese, cooked meets and fruit. I will never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you have a room at the back of the hotel your view is of an apartment block. If it is at the fron...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank June M

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Turkish first
Neath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our second time here, and i'm sure won't be our last. We were met on the steps to the hotel by Ceyhun from the reception at 5;30am with a huge smile and a helping hand to carry our luggage in. While we were getting checked in he asked Byram(mr bean) to make us coffee. Then we were taken to our room. We were on the back corner which faced the pool and staff quarters. At first we thought this would be a bad room but after the first day found it to be great, got the sun all day and just as much going on outside to keep me amused while my wife got ready to go out. Yes the front rooms are great but how long do you spend in them. After unpacking we went down to breakfast which is a turkish breakfast. Very nice and plenty of it. Staff in kitchen were great and very helpful. On the way back to the room we were met by Murat the main man on the front desk. What a great person. For the two weeks there he could not do enough for us. And also helped me out with learning a few basic turkish words and phrases that helped me out no end. I felt much better being able to be polite back to such lovely people in their own language. From front of desk to the bar staff, kitchen and cleaners I don't think you could ask for better people. The rooms have all you need and are cleaned everyday with clean towels daily and beds changed every two days. The pool is a good size with lots of sunbeds. And the ala carte restaurant is first class food with excellent service. And all this for an amazingly cheap price! Yes you can go in and pick small faults, maybe a loose switch or bit of paint chipped or even a hair dryer not working but if you find a problem just go and see Murat, Coskan or Ceyhun on the front desk and they will try their best to sort it out. You could go and pay over £1000 a week elsewhere but don't think you'd be made to feel more at home as you do here. I'm sure you won't be disappointed in the Kapmar.

Room Tip: Rooms at front are great for people watching. Corner rooms are a little bigger.
1 Thank Chris F
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is good, staff are friendly and obliging,but beware the bar next door is very noisy although they turn the music down at midnight as they should, the shouting and screaming from the customers carries on sometimes until 5 or 6 am.So if possible try to book a room at the pool end of the hotel if you want a good nights sleep

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Les B
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just got back from a 10 day stay here to celebrate our friends 60th birthday. There were 8 of us in this party. Our main complaint is with Murat. He is extremely rude. Maybe his problem is groups of women?? Well there were no smiles or service to any of us and he marred our holiday from day one with his total lack of respect or interest in providing basic customer service. We arrived late on a Monday night, and checked into our rooms. Murat was little solemn, but then maybe it was the late check in time. The next evening we discovered our hairdryer was not working. I telephoned reception and Murat answered. He was very abrupt when I got the room number wrong (doesn't this appear on their switchboard??) 20 minutes later nobody had arrived at the room. My friend went down to reception and Murat said it would be tomorrow now before it could be fixed! My friend is stood there with wet hair. When she asked what was she to do in the meantime he said " you have 3 other rooms in your party -try one of those!! And so the tone was set for the rest of the holiday. When handing in your room key no acknowledgment at all - we were made to feel like second class citizens. When challenged about his rude behaviour his answer was " everybody likes me - just read tripadvisor"!! Well I hope people read this -especially his boss......
As far as the rest of the hotel goes it is ok for bed and breakfast although to be ranked so high in comparison to the rest of Icmeler is very worrying. The breakfast was ok although I did pick up a rotten boiled egg one morning. On shelling it it was blue and smelt terrible. When I complained it was simply taken off me - no apology at all. I was impressed however with the cold choice of cheese, tomatoes, watermelon and the various bread.
The rooms were adequate, but again I'm not sure about the cleaning. Someone had been in each day to replace the towels but these had seen better days. The pool is small. There is a battle of towels each morning and the beds are crammed together. After the second day we found somewhere else to sunbathe.
The bar staff are attentive - maybe a little too much as has been pointed out previously so we were prepared for this -we simply went out each evening, tending to finish the night at the bar. Mr bean is a little too much, but backs off if you tell him to.
We will not be returning to this hotel or recommending it.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back which overlooked private apartments which was a little depressing. Try for...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sheila V
Reviewed 26 June 2014

what can you say about the kapmar hotel that has not already been said . the service is tops
the cleaners are amazing in how they work so hard with a smile on there face all day. any problems go and see murat he will get it sorted straight away.we have all forgot to mention
the man with the smiling face who will always help you with your suitcases osman.oops sorry mate you are the owner.the pool area is always clean .the bar is well looked after by mr bean .

Room Tip: chose a front facing room if you can
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Am writing this review only because your reviews from others made for a better holiday For my girlfriend and I so here we go! Firstly hotel location was great at the centre of icemeler, trust me wen I say that wen temp its 46 degrees walking 2 far is a challege! The cleaners are keen and smiling always. the pool bar serves a great ommlete and hotel Restaurant serves a tasy sunday dinner both value for money. ,murat is a lovely man on reception always greeting and happy to help u we got our room changed no prob after pro with shower asap from floor 4 room 406 with a view to die for GRANTED but shower had mind of its own, also after 1 oclock the front balconys get the sun till late, so unless ur a sun devil worshiper u can't relax with feet up in balcony with a bottle of hotel contriband,unless u hid in room. Our new rm on the other hand was on floor 2, rm 211 on corner at bac on pool side and after 1 the Balcony was lovely and cool till late and still with a lovely view of dolphin sq and pool. Noise was to a minimum also at night on poolside too. SO thanks murat! I did have 1 little prob with murat not long into holiday! I cut my wrist on a sharp piece of thin metal sticking out of an arm chair arm in reception. The night reception were full of apoligys in the morn wen it happened but murats reply to my complaint that night was ”tommy be carful in future” lol I eventually put his reply down to communication prob and his sick sense of humour but I took his advice and was very carful were I sat down n hotel from that point on. I have only 1 real complaint about this hotel, being a touchy feely waiter nicknamed mr bean who was rude ignorant to me wen ordering at bar! for example- he took my order gave me my order and disapeared without taking my. Payment leavinhg me standing waiting till I gave up and sat shaking my head to be then abrubtley pulled me up. For not paying last bill wen I next went back to bar lol he would walk by me unles my girlfriend was with me and we were not alone amongst the majority of guests we spoke to including regular visiters to kapmar. Mr bean made my girlfriend uncomfortable throughtout our stay especially after we learned from another guest mr bean slapped his wifes bum. From that point my girlfriend refused to order at bar or pool Restaurant if mr bean was behind bar. Women and parteners expect unwelcome attention out and about but within hotel. Is uncomfortable to say least. So husbands boyfriends beware you've been warned. Eating out - Ritchards bar,harry rams for quality and value for money love boat and waterfall for romantic treat still cheap compared to back home, titanic if u like free burnt hard small garlic bread and av saved the best to last ASYME Restaurant bar on the opposite corner of dolphin square from kapmar hotel on kapmar side . They serve a great scottish breaky and the best meatballs av ever tasted and to top it off the 2 head waiters are the funniest double act that needs to be seen and heard ! to be believed why they r not on tv I don't know! trust us! wen I say ther the best entertaiment in icemeler . We'll prob spend a huge amount of our time there next visit due to those waiters alone regardless if they serve dog food. They r that funny unless ur homaphobic of course

Room Tip: U get wot u pay for don't stress murat will fit it asap
2 Thank tommy t
Burnley Lancashire
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was not impressed at all.Why do people rave so much about this hotel,you get what you pay for,thats about it,If you go half board dont bother,the selection of food at dinner is not good at all,thats if you like your vegetables raw and your meat cooked the life out of.If you like fish in batter then bring your own fron iceland or farmfoods,chips were like a lamp duck with a bad leg,roast potatos that were rock hard and onion rings that you could use for hoopla.Now breakfast,eggs that were hard boiled,well if you play skittles thats fine can be used as the object to knock them over.I could go on and on but I have better things to do.

Room Tip: The front rooms get all the afternoon sun