“Good times at Winehouse”
Review of Winehouse

Winehouse
Ranked #19 of 136 Restaurants in Icmeler
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I ate here last year an I was impressed. When I came back this summer, I was happy to see that Winehouse was still here. Really liked the atmosphere at winehouse, all the staff were friendly and polite. The food was really great ! One of the best places to eat in İçmeler would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We visited here as it was recommended not only on Trip Advisor but also on Facebook page Icmeler Truths. The dissapointment started as soon as we ordered the red wine, it arrived chilled and we challenged it we were told they keep red wine in the fridge as it's too hot in Turkey ? To keep it ambient. We ordered to fillet steaks that arrived batted out so thin it was impossible to serve them as ordered medium, I will also say in know way we're they fillets. The mushroom sauce on one was as white as silk emulsion and didn't taste of anything, the peppercorn sauce on the other was bright red and again tasted of nothing, both were recommended by the owner to be served with sauté potatoes which arrived piled on the plate some were raw some were cooked again we pointed this out and then after 15 minutes we were offered chips, which would have been great had we not eaten the steaks. The owner is bubbly and enthusiastic when you arrive but the attention stops there. We also had our camera with us of which the waiter wanted to model for us to have his picture put on Facebook !, not in my opinion a number 1 restaurant I am being generous giving it a 3

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We tried this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor but left very disappointed.

The restaurant itself is in a rather isolated place with not very much going on around it, although quite nice if you just want a quiet meal.

My starter, cheese rolls was very nice and plentiful. My wife opted for a salad which was ok. For main, my wife went for chicken kebab. This was rather poor with very dry over cooked chicked on a skewer and nothing else. No tomatos, peppers, onions or any type of sauce. The worse meal though was my chicken curry. This was barely edible and tasted disgusting.

Maybe we just went on a bad day, or maybe we chose the wrong meals from the menu, either way we did not go back.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Myself and my boyfriend decided to give the Winehouse a go after seeing it as number 1 on Trip Advisor! It was slightly difficult to find as it is not in the hustle and bustle of the main streets/canal of Icmeler, but in a more quiet setting down a side street. We booked, just to be safe, and it was worth it! The service was amazing, the owner is bubbly and makes you feel right at home. We ordered the 'Mezze' to share and it was one of the best we had all week, definitely worth paying for rather than getting the free ones from other restaurants. Personally I wasn't a fan of ALL the dips/bits on the mezze, but that was personal taste and my partner loved it. For mains the sea-bass meal and shrimp casserole were top notch, really good portions and so fresh. The prices were very reasonable and I would recommend as a romantic setting for an evening meal. Also a bonus- no hassle.

1  Thank KatieWilks
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Very nice staff and very good food! I highly recommend the garlic bread as it is a small piece of heaven!
Also, try their sea bass - just be prepared to work for your food :)