“definetly not a 5 star, more like a 2 star”

NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 2 August 2009

it was terrible! we stayed in block B, first room we got- the bed was broken, toilet wouldnt flush, door didnt lock! We went to reception and complained, they changed our room but that wasnt much better it was very run down and depressing. the food was terrible, it was mostly chicken and meatballs, we lived on salad and soup for a week. We went out for some meals even though we were all-inclusive. The beach was lovely and the weather. Some of the staff were nice but some were pervy to my teenage daughters.
Overall thought it was the worst hoilday i have ever had. i wouldnt recommend it to anyone!

There are newer reviews for NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort

Reviewed 2 August 2009

If you booked your holiday with a Goldtrail, prepare not to get much help... Had to ask a few people before I actually found a representative to put us on a transfer coach. Transfer takes just under 2 hours but despite you are tired,the views are fantastic and coach is comfortable... On arrival,they were quite quick to give us a room, luckily we had a sea veiw:) I've heard that many people had to wait for a few hours for their accomodation though. Rooms are basic but are clean. But you would definitely want to be in Block A.You would need to get an air-conditioning for £25 a week. Rooms are cleaned every day. Some people were complaining about the food but I found that you can't go hungry, there were atleast 2-3 dishes that you would like,beside fresh fruit and vegetable and about 10-12 items of deserts. Customer care defenitely needs improving as more likely you are going to be ignored. Completely different story when you go out. Locals are very friendly and will love the Icemeler as it is beautiful!!!

I'd say, if you booked it on a late deal and have paid £300 or less, what it is to complain? Food outside is reasonably prised and there millions of cafes and pubs with great music and shows. I would rate my holiday as a very good value for money and would definitely go there again!!!

Reviewed 30 July 2009

Its hard to say anything nice about this place
Its the first time i have ever cried over a holiday.

We arrived at 3 i the morning having paid or a two bedroom room it was a bit of a shock when 3 of us got a single room with 2 single beds and a door that wouldnt lock, i was so tired i let them fob me of until the morning, even then it took 14 visits to reception, tears and a screaming match before i was then given another room which i still had to share with my teenage son, not to mention they want me to pay an extra 60 lira a night for! The rooms arent cleaned properly, mould in the bathrooms, as well as pubic hair from previous residents. The shower rail kept falling on my head and the electric tripped out almost every 20 minutes. There was no plugs in the bathroom and like other residents the fridge didnt work. On a plus point you do get free half rolls of toilet roll. But you will use them if you eat here and you have to be nice to the cleaner to get them.
The lift works about once a day, and they put the German guests in the better rooms in block A, but even they seemed to complain. When you can get them out of the dinner queue. Block B is formally the hotel Idas and its where most brits are put.

The food is passable however dont expect anything fresh! as if you dont eat it at lunchtime you will eat it at teatime diguised as something else, the staff smoke in the kitchen and its the only place in Icmeler were no one smiles, the waiting staff will chat you up if you are still breathing at this point, if not they will hold the back of your chair whilst looking amourously at anything with a pulse.

Dont expect to get drunk off the lager its watered down and the water tanks are filled from the taps so dont drink that either, my advice if you have already booked stick to the vodka its bottled. Eat out its cheap enough, or better still get a refund.

Icmeler is a great place so dont let this hotel from hell put you off, stay away spend your time and money with a company thats cares as this one is a rip off.

Like so many before me i wish i had visited this site before booking my holiday,

Reviewed 26 July 2009

This late review is due to having problems with my computer so couldnt write this up sooner. From first impressions the main issues concerned the main lift that constantly broken down. Having a room on the 5th floor this was very annoying!! The staff showed us the service lifts - which was also usually broken down but when working it felt very unsafe. This was because there was no sliding cage door which you may expect to protect you from the outer doors from each floor moving in front of you. On the top floor there was a pile of old mattresses outside the service lift which was a potential fire hazard. General cleanliness and upkeep of the decor was poor e.g bathroom, carpet and the beds were uncomfortable. It did not seem that the sheets were changed regularly at all. The room we had was spacious but there was no door separating the two rooms - so not much privacy for my friends son and us. We had a large roof terrace but as we had no loungers it wasnt that useful to us. The lights in the hallway werent working so always dark on our floor. The light to our room was way inside the room by the bathroom rather than by the door - this was great fun to hunt for on the first night we arrived! The gym look grubby which put us off using it. The food was monotonous - the fish was probably the best out the usual buffet fare. The puddings were the same combinations all week. There was one that looked like 'dog turd' - just a long brown sausage which to take from - the look was too of putting for me! Same ol pastry and custard type deserts. Great to have to free alcohol thou : ) The waiters I have to say were very friendly and courteous and helped to soften to disappointment we had of the hotel. the entertainment was Ok, starting with childrens disco and karoke and bingo. Belly dancer and dance group were quite good. Some nights there was no entertainment. By 11pm there wasnt much to do so got a bit boring. The location was good for shops and 10 min walk to the sea (lovely looking hotels along there!!!) We went on some good excursions - jeep safari (you do get very wet!) Lazy boat. Also went outside the hotel to have a turkish bath - it wasnt 5* luxury but at £6 was a bargain compared to the hotel cost. My friends son met a lot of other kids there as it was half term week and were quite happy to entertain themselves. It was very difficult to get a sun bed by the pool. I do recall trying to speak to the Rep at the time to help rectify isues with the lift but she was very unhelpful - probably because there was a que of people lined up to air the problems with her every day!! It was the cheapest holiday at peak season but I wouldnt go again due to the lacking in basic standards. It is definitely NOT a 5 star.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We booked what we thought to be an al inclusive 5 star experience with goldtrail....boy were we mistaken.

The flights etc went relatively smoothly, and although at first glance the hotel looks like a housing estate with a swimming pool, the reception area looked quite nice.
We were one of the last in our coach to check-in, and before we even reached the desk ourselves, people were marching back to the desks themselves, and refusing to stay in those rooms...from then on i knew what to expect.

On arrival to our room, we found dirty towels, some of the previous occupants possessions, a fridge which did not work, a phone which did not work, a toilet without any plugs for the sink or bath, and to top it all off, found we had to pay £25 for air conditioning and another £15 for our safety deposit box.
The furniture was extremely old, basic, mucky, and something i would not even expect in a 2 star hotel.

Food at the hotel is mediocre. It is generally edible, but you find yourselves with chicken being thrown at you from all angles, and unoriginality in the dishes. If hot food is to your liking, it is best to avoid their buffet, as lukewarm is about the best you will get. I found myself leaving my food in the sun for a little to warm it up.

The all inclusiveness is nothing short of a lie.
On the food part of it, you get 4 set meals per day, but no snacks on request inbetween. As for the drinks...
The bar is open from 10am-11pm everyday, where whas free is: Soft drinks, one of the local beers, vodka and gin. That is it.
You have to pay for all cocktails, red bull, and things such as whiskey, and any drinks ou want past 11pm.
I might also add that you have to pay to use things such as the pool table too, which we could not help but laugh at, as most BARS offered their tables for free.

The staff generally spoke extremely limited english. You could not hold a friendly conversation with them, and many struggled to smile. i wold often find myself having to point rather than speak. When i complained about the drinks stopping at 11pm i was answered with ''I don't care''.

The swimming pool had moss growing in the grates at the side of it, and small insects in it, and was not clean. It was also here that a bit of wood fell of off the roof and landed just one foot away from the baby pool. it hit the ground with force and had nails coming out of it, and i am in no doubt that it would have killed any young people if it was a foot in the other direction.
I might also take this opportunity to point out that the neon sign is hanging from the hotel by a thread.

A couple we were with complained about this, and when they went to their room in the evening, they found skid marks on their 'fresh' towels.
Incidentally, we are not issued 'do not disturb' signs, and there is no way of keeping the maid out in the mornings.

Stray cats and dogs wander the premises too, and i was nearly scratched on THREE occasions. lord knows what diseases they could have carried.

The lift kept breaking down and the fitness centre is an overstatement, they have some dumbells, and everything else is broken and unsafe to use, i am enthusiastic about fitness and i looked and laughed at it, then did not bother going back.

The sad thing is, i could go on for a good 7-8 more paragraphs, and include that even the locals say the hotel is a rip-off, but i believe i have made myself clear when i say AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2009

litera hotels leave them alone.
for one thing only its not how it is stated in the brochure or by the rep ,the rooms are Shabby,electrics didnt work until maintenance was called three times and then they went again,forget the fridges they are not stocked as told by the sales rep on the phone initially they did nt work.
we booked two rooms as Ive got two teenage boys thier Shower was only useable once,it blocked it flooded it was rubbish.
Someone has to get their star rating in turkey sorted, I would class this as Two star but were sold as a five star and how the hell you ever pay for aircoditioning on a all inclusive is beyond me and yes we were sold this initially as being included.
In their favour was the staff who quite clearly tried to help and were very nice. The food wasnt bad and only certain drinks are inclusive,when i went with the mitsus hotel in rhodes last three holiday their all inclusive meant it, no extras to pay for and they had whiskeys such as bells ,grants etc and thier beers were premium.
I would recommend Icmeler to anyone just not this hotel,by the way the Turkish people were great and friendly.
Pete Elaine Jack Elliott
In their favour we felt for the staff

Reviewed 16 July 2009

Stayed in block B. (Block A was apparently the best.)
= noisy, no connection to reception from phone, can tell our room had been broken into previously. Sometimes the door did not lock properly.Serious security problem, anyone could walk in. Guess we were put on the teenage floor because we were young however only wanted a peceful hol and got drunkards trying to kick down the doors every night. The shower half worked, we went down to reception to ask it be fixed, they said they would be 10 mins an hour later no one came so went down again and asked again they did come within 10 mins this time, but had no communication only gruffled Turkish. We found out it was 'fine' previously despite the leaking and lack of water flow, which still continued. The decor of the bed room was very bland to.

The room was pleasant enough and th view was Beautiful!!!! The cleaning staff were so polite and friendly always coming back later to do our room if we laid in. the rooms were clean. Gave tip they were brill.

Actual Site
= only 5 mins walk from sea, but if you go for the sea and beach it is packed with sun loungers and you have to pay. There is no room for a beach towel on the sand. We did not pay the first day and put our stuff under one before we swam, they followed us asking to pay but i didnt, as far as i'm concened we never used them.

All inclusive was catered to the french and germans!! All processed meat (fake) nothing fresh everything was reused, fair enough not wasting, but it wasnt so pleasant knowing some of the food was cooked yesterday and used in a 'fresh salad' haha. The deserts looked great, but were to sickly for me. Thats just me though alot of people absolutely loved them. I actually did enjoy the food and loved the rice they made and potato dishes.....YUM but my partner did not and hardly ate anything all week. If your a picky eater you are in definte trouble. :s Overall i thought it was good food and my partner did not.

The entertainment was bland, the same every night!! Children dancing, kareoke, bingo and general music. Not the different acts i thought there might be. And the main complex pool was nice never went in it because music was blarring probably nice for young energetic people. They would love it. I would have aswell if i wanted to party all day and all night. The second pool in block B was lovely, quiet and pretty the bar is always free and quiet there is cover in the shade and we spent many relaxing days here just chilling and dipping in the pool to cool down this has to be one of the nicest areas for people to relax. I think block B was peviously another hotel and thisis why it differs so much to the main hotel, it was perviously 'hotel Idas' you could see this from the hanging off glass neon lights from the pool area at the top of the building. One day it will fall and cause a serious accident. But i did like the pool area was lovely.

We came with goldtrail, they were ok. Gave us the worng excursion however, we paid for the turkish bath and got the bay of boats excursion. We never actually went on it and we never found a golds trail representative at the site till late on in the week, by then the excursion was over and we assumed we couldnt get our money back anyway.

False Advertisement from last minute.com
told the transfer was 45 mins actually 2 1/2 hrs (travel sickness wasn't nice)
told hotel was 5 SUN actually 2 star (they prob use 'suns' to stop themselves being sued. And they sold it aswell with everything included flight meals and window view etc. We got the info from Barrhead Travel and there was no flight meals and it stated that we did not have a balcony, we had to request it. We did get one in the end, was totally worth it.

ok think im done complaining. if you want a relaxing holiday go to block B pool area, if you want serious party life go to Block A area. And try to go in the hotel quietly cause the maniacs who were disruptive have made this hol a lil frustrating for me as you can tell. Worse bit = security Best bit = turkey is beautiful!!!! The mountain breeze is amazing.

All i can say to you if your going is good luck!!! i do hope you have a good holiday and i've learnt that i will not just look at a good deal and think thats my hols done im gonna look into it more now. bye peoples x

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple