“worst hotel in icmeler” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #69 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
wiltshire
“worst hotel in icmeler”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

like the writer of a previous review this hotel was not a 5star more like 2star the staff were the rudest people i've ever met.The food was same most night. We wouldn't go back to this hotel again even if we were given a million pounds.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

I booked 10 nights at this hotel, on the back of it being advertised as a 5 star hotel, 200 yards from the beach..
Don;t be fooled...This is a 2 star hotel, maybe three star depending on what room you get. The hotel is situated 10 minutes walk from the beach.

Ok heres the good points....

(1) It was cheap so I didn't expect total luxury.
(2) The swimming pool was reasonable.
(3) The rooms were clean.

Ok heres the bad points...

(1) The rooms are very basic, shabby furnuture, tv only gives one English channel, BBC world news.
(2) You get striped for £25 a week if you want air conditioning. They won't give you the remote unless you cough up.. Do what I did and lift the front cover up and turn it on manually...Thats how to get it for free..
(3) The staff are mostly miserable, and look as though they don't want to be there..
(4) The food is at best average, although there is normally plenty to choose from, so you can normally find something.
(5) Don't be fooled by all inclusive drinks...They only do beer, soft drinks and three spirits, Vodka, Gin or Rakki. So if you don't like any of them..Tough luck, you are going to get fleeced for almost a fiver a drink.
(6) The entertainment is abysmal, and consists of three young lads who look like they should be in school. They seem to think people enjoy listening to crap, repetitive music as loudly as possible so you can't talk to the person next to you. This also happens around the pool during the day as well...That was until my big brother threatened to launch their speakers in the pool...Thanks Bruv....it was much appreciated..
(7) The lifts were very shabby and prone to getting stuck. It happened to me once while in with a member of staff. He proceeded to jump up and down to get it going again, whilst laughing...I suffered from white knuckles for about an hour afterwards..
(8) All the excursions from the hotel were expensive and it is always cheaper to buy them away from the hotel.. The Turkish bath within the hotel ranged from £25 to £47...If you need a Turkish bath can i recommend going to the Fortuna Beach Hotel about 10 mins walk away.. It is £25 and is excellent value for money, and is carried out by a professional masseur who is qualified and knows what he is doing.. He worked at Arsenal football club for several years training..Be very carefull, there are only a handfull of qualified masseurs in the whole of the area..

On the whole I was very dissapointed with Turkey this year..I have been at least 7 times now, and it has got very expensive...You will get fleeced in every restaraunt you go into..All drinks are more expensive than in England, and most places will have you over given the chance. You can expect to pay £40 a head for a reasonable 3 course meal with a few drinks. Even coke will cost you a minnimum of 4 Lira which equates to £2 a time. At the rate they are going, they are going to lose an awfull lot of tourism..

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2010

My wife and I went back to this hotel after staying there two years ago. Had a cheap and fab holiday again this year for 2 weeks.
Firstly, a 4 or 5 star in Turkey is not the equivilant of our countries 4/5 star rating, although some people are to thick to recognise this. You get what you pay for, so if you want luxury, get your finger out of your cheap backside and pay for it. Accomodation in Block A,B and C is perfectly acceptable. Rooms are cleaned every day, with clean sheets and towels given constantly. For those sad people who walk about taking photos of the odd chipped tile, or windows that need a wee paint, get a life and learn how to enjoy a holiday....outside of the hotel room...it's only for sleeping in.

When it comes to food, people would do well to remember that they are in a muslim country, and respect that there are some meats the people will not touch. The breakfasts are Turkish. Boiled eggs, sausage and cold meats. If you want a full English breakfast, go out of the hotel and pay the 6 lira, about £2.50, at any of the restauraunts. There are always plenty of cereals etc.
For lunches and main meals, there is plenty of choice for everyone, with salads, rice, pasta, chicken, fish, turkey, beef. The desserts are lovely also. There is plenty of fresh breads from white to brown to Turkish. Anyone coming to any all inclusive in Turkey expecting to eat British junk food full of cholesteral are off their heads.
When it comes to A/I drinks, as with Spain, Greece, or even the Caribbean, dont expect anything other than local spirits or beers. This is normal. So again, will the snobs who pay cheap prices to go to this hotel and expect high standards do the rest of us a favour and get lost!!!!!!
The staff at this hotel work long hours from 7am until after midnight, 7 days a week. Yes, they get a break during the day, but the ignorant should remember that we in Britain probably earn more in a week than these kids do in 3, possibly 4 weeks. Some of the attitudes and nastiness I hear directed at them is way out of line. Never once did I hear a bad word from any of them, and they could not do enough for you. Treat someone with respect and they will treat you the same way.
In summary, this hotel is cheap and basic, and you get a fabulous deal for the price. It always has a warm, busy, vibrant atmosphere, which if it was as bad as some of the tight fisted looney's on this site say, it would not be this much fun or welcoming. We met and made friends with plenty of like minded people who had a great holiday.

1 Thank pricklyheatguy
north west
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I visited this hotel with my friend last year and really wanted to go back as the entertainment team were fantastic. Fifi Lilly JJ and QB made our holiday and we couldnt wait to see them again... We were extremely dissaponted when we arrived to find a totally different 'entertainment' team who barely speak any english and walk around the hotel like they would rather be at home. The entertainment team hassled my friend and I to go out with them at night and we became very fed up of of their constant 'attention' and apparent attraction to female girls.

The food is satisfactory, rooms are ok as you dont spend much time in them. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beach close to restaurants and shops.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Paisley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

To be honest nothing I can write truly sums up just how bad this hotel is but I'll tell you about my experiences anyway! lol.

If I can save 1 person from staying at this hotel then I'll feel better!! This hotel is terrible, absolutely awful - Faulty Towers and House of Horrors don't even come close!

When booking we were told this was a 4 star hotel - NO CHANCE! The Rep finally admitted when we were staying it was actually a 2 star, to be honest I think even that is being generous.

The hotel has 3 buildings, A block, B block and the Relax hotel. The A building was the best of all 3 but even that wasn't that good, the pics that are on the website etc do not match up at all with what you actually get at the hotels.

The decor is awful, place is in desperate need of a facelift. There were 2 lifts in the Relax hotel, one was constantly broken, the other would break down on a daily basis, not helpful for the 87 year old woman who's room was on the 5th floor! Everything broke, lights, tv, phones etc but good luck getting anything repaired! My father in law reported the tv broken every day and it was finally repaired the day before we left - we were staying there for 2 weeks! The food is terrible, every day for lunch and dinner was chicken or meatballs, talk about repititive. The rooms are tiny and barely any wardrobe/storage space. The staff on reception are ridiculously unhelpful, will just smirk and laugh at your face when you try to disucss any problems. Internet is advertised but they don't actually have it.

The ine and only thing I can't fault about this hotel are the housekeepers. The rooms were cleaned daily.

stanley co durham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

After reading the reviews we were nervous about going but we loved it !! The atmosphere was great so friendly very clean maid service and clean towels everyday pool guy was brilliant if there was a bed free he would get you one
food was repetitive chicken meatballs and fish every day but cooked differently !! salads and bread were lovely we always found something to eat
We got more than expected for what we paid

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

Even though I went a couple of years ago I felt compelled to write this review.

My partner and I booked this is as a last-minute all-inclusive. We did not expect anything amazing but this really took the biscuit! Consider this, the operator's 'self-cert' is a four star I believe. Hmm...somehow size of hotel should not indicate star rating methinks!

So, here's my breakdown:

PROS -
I know that when I looked at reviews some travellers did not rate the food. Now, this was the hotel's only redeeming factor! Fresh food and plenty of it. There was always a vast choice. Unfortunately, not to the 'Brits Abroad' taste (I saw one family feeding their children JUST chips ... every day!).

Had a fantastic cleaner who would always do something creative with the towels on our bed, and so did we. It became it a little bit of a competition. We left her a tip in the end as it really made us smile.

Our 2nd room (read cons) was large but with no character whatsoever. Room cleaned and towels changed everyday.

CONS (and I'll try and keep it brief) -
Transfer from airport was meant to be 45mins but took 4 hours! We were the last people to be dropped off on the coach.

Room we were initially shown was tiny, dingy and everyone on the terrace could look directly inside. Just miserable! It took me the best part of a day to argue my case and we finally were moved.

Sign up saying that all towels on sun loungers would be removed as 'reservations' were not allowed. Well, that didn't happen. I had to laugh when there was a bit of a spat when one family removed all of someone's towels and tossed them into a pile. Just fabulous ^_^

Showers/ toilet near pool were VILE. All cracked tiles. Showers that were dripping. A nice green slime ... mmm ...

Local spirits that were included were paint stripper, I'm sure. Beer was fine. BUT red wine ... draught ... and chilled - Urgh!

Entertainment - Pretty much the same thing everyday and poor, poor, poor (It's not my style anyway but, seriously, a couple of 14 year old Ronaldo look-a-likes, jumping up and down and giggling is not a karaoke/ disco/ etc etc).

In short, the place is falling apart and the pictures must have been taken when it was first built.
It's not worth more than £200 all-inclusive!

I hope this helps!