“will be back again”

NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort
Ranked #62 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I wrote a review in sept 2009 saying all was well and I loved it, well I am just back again and I still loved it. All the bad reports dont seam like the same Hotel I went to. Food was good something for everyone, drink was nothing to shout about but done me ok, staff where so hard working, Memet the pool boy is the hardest worker i have ever known and he kept the pool area clean and tidy. I was reading reports regarding jewlers from the Hotel and i think they are very good. I have been buying there for a few years and I am very happy with the rings i bought,I have had them valued and am well pleased.Dont forget to visit the hairdressers round the corner Black and White they are the best ever. The hotel was very busy when Iwas there so a mix up with us getting wrong room. Karen the rep is going to sort us out in September when we go back. AND I CANT WAIT

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 June 2010

I travelled to this hotel with my daughter for a weeks cheap holiday. She totally enjoyed it. The pool was great in A block and there was plenty of sunbeds and room around the pool. The food was actually good and similar to that which we had at the Aqua Hotel which is 5 stars where we stayed last year ( in fact there was far more choice at this hotel for children ) - At first when you arrive you may not be impressed as the reception area and communal areas are quite dismal. The bedrooms are fairly roomy but the bathrooms are small, and need updating. Our room had a balcony. The main downside to this hotel compared to ones previously stayed at in Turkey is the lack of enthusiasm by the hotel staff - the bartenders are very rude and have no Customer Services skills whatsoever , presumably as they are making / or taking no money ! The entertaiment team seem to be more concerned with enhancing their own dancing skills and basically showing off , rather than enteratining the children ( the childern actually had to dance at the mini disco behind the entertainment team !!!! and some of the evening entertainment was inappropriate when small children were still up )
Some of the waiters were ok and reception gave us air conditioning for free without even asking for it ...so not that bad. There is a clear differention of people staying at this hotel , for some it is just a cheap and cheerful get away for others it is there main saved up for holiday - if that is the case I would suggest you choose carefullly before booking and manage your expectations.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I stayed at the litera icmeler resort for a week with my boyfriend. We had an absolutely fantastic time. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff are brilliant and several members of staff remembered us from last year. The guy who works round the pool is hilarious. He was always helping people find sunbeds and made sure the pool was clean. The rooms.. Yes they were basic but they were clean. The cleaner came in everyday. Our balcony was quite big
. The location is very good. Very close to everything. Icmeler is a lovely place with great people, bArs. Restaurants etc. Lovely beach and crystal clear sea!! The taxi boat to marmaris is great value. The food in the hotel can become repetitive, however it was fresh and well cooked. Lots to choose from each night, especially with the desserts!!! We stayed in block b which was no problem. To those who are writing awful reviews... What do you expect for little money?? If u want luxury and 5 stAr accommodation.. Pay for it. Yes it's not 5 star but oh well, I had a great holiday and met many other couples and families that did also. There are some bad points about the hotel.. The beds were a bit hard, the decor was a bit dingy and you had to pay for a safe. But who spends all week in their room?? If your moaning, get a life and go to the beach or pool or go out for the day. Your only sleeping and showering in the room!!! Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.. Except snobs : )

Reviewed 10 June 2010

Went with my boyfriend in 2007 and we had lovely time. Staff was absolutelly brill, bit far from the beach. Icmeler is nice town not from Marmaris where you can take e trip to Rhodos. Food fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Deluxe, I dont think so. This hotel is part of the icmelar resort hotel. It is made up of 3 hotels, all of which are very tired and run down. I travelled as a group of 4 adults. On arrival the reception staff tried to put all 4 of us in 1 room. After being told to wait which took 6 hours of being ignored we were given 2 room. What can i say about the rooms - they had no balcony, they had green carpet which was fraying and was wrinked,no sheets on bed, just a blanket, brown curtains that every time you drew them fell of the rail. When we booked we booked with air con and safe, reception would not accept this and requested we pay another £25 per room for air con and £15 per room for safe. Please note this did not just happen to us everyone i spoke to had been treated unfalrly by the reception staff. The food is ok, however if you dont like meatballs there isnt a lot of other choice. The pool in block B was great and the bar staff there were welcoming. i have read a review to which a fellow holidayer stated that if we complain then we were cheap snobs. This is not the case I have travelled to Turkey and in particular Icmelar many times, have stayed in hotels and apartments and have had no complaints ever, but I had to write this review so those of that work hard all year to have a great holiday, will know just a little of what to expect should you stay at this hotel.If you need assistance or help whilst in this hotel, you will not get it. in fact I would go as far as saying the reception staff create the hostile eviroment in whcih this hotel offers.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank juno2000
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I don't usually bother writting a review and normally would take them with a pinch of salt but I felt compelled to say something about this hotel. If you are expecting
a 5 star then don't, this is what the travel agent (teletext holidays/this is travel sold me this hotel as). I know that by British standard sometimes 5 star is not that in Turkey but this took the biscuit. 3 star would be generous and I have stayed in other Turkish 5 star which are just that, 5 star hotels. If you have paid peanuts for this hotel then fine, but if you have paid good money you will be disapointed.
The reception staff where extreamly unhelpful and that is being generous about them, check in was a nightmare taking over 45 minutes to complete with the reception staff leaving us midway and going to other individuals, most of whom where making complaints about there accomodation but not getting any satisfaction, and the staff being focused on whether I wanted the air con at £25 PER WEEK AND SAFE HIRE AT £15 (this is the first AI hotel in Turkey that I have had to pay for AC in). We had to go back for the AI bands as he hadn't given us one. There was a constant stream of people at the desk being ignorned and becoming frustated by the lack of any help. One family where still waiting 4 hrs later to be given rooms and were receiving no help or support from the staff despite having children and a disabled individual with them. I had asked for an additional pillow, a simple request and was told one would be sent to my room, by evening nothing had arrived i retuned to the reception to be initally ignorned by the staff then when a turkish tour rep intervened they spoke to me and told me that it was against management policy to provide more than 1 pillow per bed. this turned out to be lies The maid service was the saving grace in the hotel, the rooms were cleaned well and the maid provided me with the pillow when I asked her. They would make an effort and leave your towels in little designs, a nice touch and the only service that was worth the tip.
The food is traditional Turkish fair and is fine, repetative but acceptable. If you get bored the 24hr Turkish place across from A block is very nice and reasonably priced. AI drinks are soft drinks, wine, Tuborg beer, vodka raki and gin. If you want anything else be prepared to pay 9 lira.
The sun loungers where getting busy and the towels were going out by 6.30 in the morning hich made it difficult to get one. There is limited outside space so you may need to spend the day on the beach, about a good 10 minute walk from the hotel but this incurrs additional costs.
The water taxi to Marmaris will cost you 15 lira for a return journey and can be found at several points along the beach.
As I have previously said if you are getting this very cheap all fair and good but I wouldn't want to spend the same again to go back to this hotel. One couple from London summed it up, they had apid £250 for 2 weeks AI, at that price they said what can you expect but when you spend £400 + for a week you want something a bit better.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poodlesScotland
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Hotel rooms shabby run down badly in need of update reception staff rude other staff work hard and were plesant ,rooms cleaned daily but cleaners fighting a losing battle carpets on floors stained dodgey electrics lets put this in perspective if this was a UK hotel it would be closed down just for the fire regs let alone anything else 4 star hotel only in the owners dreams 2 star at best .
Food ok typical turkish salads meatballs fish and chicken if you are one of chips with evertything brigade dont bother Im not so didnt mind. All inclusive drinks local beer,spirits and soft drinks pool area and bar not bad ,bar and restaurant staff work hard and are plesent enough.
Hotel in two buildings we stayed in A block main hotel aparently this was better than B block was never in that part of the hotel so couldnt comment but the mind boggles also the litera relax which is down the road uses the deluxe facilities and is alledgedly even worse so if you book the deluxe make sure you stay there some people arrived only to find they were not getting the hotel they had payed for.
Read some of the other reviews before we went and was worried about what we had booked our fears were justified but despite the poor accommadation loved Icmeler and Turkey and would go back but not to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family