NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$68
US$65
Grand Aquarium(Icmeler)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$83
US$74
US$48
Golmar Beach Hotel(Icmeler)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$18
US$141
US$137
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I visited this Hotel from the 28th May until the 11th June this year expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised.

If I could change one thing about this hotel it would be the people there staying for a holiday as so many of them were extremely rude, barging around moaning, generally causing an unpleasant atmosphere some of the time which really was not needed!

I stayed in Block A - however my Grandparents stayed in Block B initially so I can give info on both blocks.

Rooms
The rooms are made up of 3 Blocks, A (main building where you eat and where the main pool is) B (across the road) and C ( Down the road).
The rooms in Block B are smaller than A and a little more dated but were still pleasant and clean.
Block A - Our room was spacious but dated and we had a small balcony but it looked out onto other balconies so you wouldn’t sit out there, but then again we only use it for drying towels. Everything was clean, big wardrobe, TV was rubbish only had BBC news but we didn’t stay in our room, we had single beds despite asking for double but we pushed them together and the maid then gave us double sheets. Anything you need ask the maid shes fab! She gives you extra pillows, extra sheets, softer sheets etc. We only didn’t have hot water one night out of 14 which was fine. Air-conditioning is £25 per week.
Also important Tip - Some people were being turfed out their rooms after 13nights despite paying for 14 - we didn’t so cant comment but do NOT mention to reception anything about this as its best to not bring it to their attention - they do not speak great English and it could cause something like the above to happen through confusion.

Hotel
The main pool was okay, very deep, plenty of sun beds though and a pool bar. Music being played all the time which wasn’t so relaxing but alot of people enjoyed that. The entertainment team were great, all very silly entertainment but kept people amused (we won 60 Lira one night playing Bingo!) And the entertainment staff are very friendly and work such long hours – they are all very polite and positive all the time as well.
AI drinks were not great, red wine and white wine, vodka, gin and beer but you could get a constant supply of water, and 4 different flavoured squash which was cold.
The food was really nice, all Turkish but I loved it, meatballs in different sauces, different rices with flavourings, sometimes they did chips / potato wedges, one night we had kebab meat, occasionally chicken nuggets, loads of salads, loads of fish, cheese rolls, pasta with sauces. Breakfast you had choices of cereals, oats, chocopops, cornflakes, also toast and lots of different breads with jam / marmalade and meats.
Puddings were great as well and there was so much choice.
The bar were staff were not that friendly no but by the end of the holiday they had warmed to me, to be fair so many people are very rude to them, they don’t get paid an awful lot and work ridiculous hours so I wouldn’t be very happy either! But they were not rude.
You learn not to ask the Reception staff anything as there English is not great but they do try and help you where they can, and are friendly if you are. They are just very defensive which again is because people are very rude to them. If you need anything speak to either Karen or Nicki – they are the Goldtrail reps and even if you do not travel with Goldtrail they will do their utmost to help you out.

Goldtrail
All I had read about the reps and the company was bad reports before I went, but I cannot see why people have complained.
My partners suitcase did not arrive at the airport and we did not get it for 9 days – down to the airline. Karen and Nicky – the reps at our hotel were fantastic, Karen made calls where needed. Not only this Karen bought me some makeup in and Nicky lent me her straightners for the week! I really did not expect this and appreciated it as it’s a perfect example of going above and beyond what you need to do.
My Grandparents asked to be moved rooms as my Nan has breathing difficulties and the lift was temperamental and Karen moved her within a day.
I did on occasions see people being extremely rude to both Karen and Nicky even when they had offered to help them out, some people were swearing and giving them abuse.
DO NOT expect help if you are going to treat them this way, they will probably still offer to help you but I know I wouldn’t, if you treat them with respect then they will go above and beyond to help you out.
Thanks so much both of you ladies :)

Location
Perfect location, 10 minutes from the beach.
Litera has a private beach where you don’t need to pay for the sunbeds which saved us almost 6 lira a day. I read somewhere on here that the beach is al stoney on their part of the beach?
Nonsense, it’s exactly the same as the rest of the beach! The guys who work on the Litera part check your wrist bands and then offer to get you drinks all day if you want them, I think they get it from their friends restaurant and get commission from them but a tip doesn’t go a miss and they don’t hassle you at all. We didn’t ask them to get anything for us but after 4 days the guy there recognised us and started saying Hi and shaking my partners hand and having a brief chat – everyone was very very friendly.
IF I could recommend anywhere to eat it would have to be the lovely Chinese / Indian restaurant down the road – If you come out of the Hotel Block A, turn right, turn right at the end where the exchange shop is, keep going past the phone boxes and past the apartments and the restaurant is there on the right hand side. The food there is AMAZING and we paid 35£ for 2 of us for 2 beers, 2 glasses of wine, 2 starters each, a main course each and a sweet. The table staff were so friendly and made the visit worth while. Make sure you go and see them!

Excursions
We booked through the Rep and the reason being is peace of mind and you actually get more included in the day through the reps that no one tells you about! We had a great few days out.
Jeep Safari I can recommend, Dalyan trip was amazing too and the rep was outstanding and we also went to the Water Park and Icmeler market. The water park was fun, not huge but not too busy, probably around 8 large water slides, a great children’s area and loads of sun beds. We spent half the day sunbathing and half the day on the slides. The restaurant is fab! We paid around 40 Lira for 2 pizzas, and 2 bowls of chips + 2 drinks – everything is made fresh in front of you and although slightly more expensive you would pay that for a theme park at home. The market was worth seeing as well and you can get some good bargains although you’re better going at 3pm as they are more willing to drop their prices.
We also went on the lazy boat which if you like snorkelling is great, they stop off 5- 6 times and you can jump into the sea and snorkel or swim – Great fun! And lunch is included.

If I can give you any advice GO to the welcome meetings, I’ve never done them before but they were so helpful and they tell you all about the trips too.

Also exchanging money do NOT go to the exchange on the corner – he will diddle you out of money – instead go to the supermarket behind the taxi rank – they charge you no commission in the hope you’ll spend money there – great Staff and very helpful!

I would say this hotel is probably a 2-3* Hotel but we worked out we paid £25per day which is a great price and enjoyed the holiday.
Go with your eyes open and you will have a good holiday.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller1986Em
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I wrote a review in sept 2009 saying all was well and I loved it, well I am just back again and I still loved it. All the bad reports dont seam like the same Hotel I went to. Food was good something for everyone, drink was nothing to shout about but done me ok, staff where so hard working, Memet the pool boy is the hardest worker i have ever known and he kept the pool area clean and tidy. I was reading reports regarding jewlers from the Hotel and i think they are very good. I have been buying there for a few years and I am very happy with the rings i bought,I have had them valued and am well pleased.Dont forget to visit the hairdressers round the corner Black and White they are the best ever. The hotel was very busy when Iwas there so a mix up with us getting wrong room. Karen the rep is going to sort us out in September when we go back. AND I CANT WAIT

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I travelled to this hotel with my daughter for a weeks cheap holiday. She totally enjoyed it. The pool was great in A block and there was plenty of sunbeds and room around the pool. The food was actually good and similar to that which we had at the Aqua Hotel which is 5 stars where we stayed last year ( in fact there was far more choice at this hotel for children ) - At first when you arrive you may not be impressed as the reception area and communal areas are quite dismal. The bedrooms are fairly roomy but the bathrooms are small, and need updating. Our room had a balcony. The main downside to this hotel compared to ones previously stayed at in Turkey is the lack of enthusiasm by the hotel staff - the bartenders are very rude and have no Customer Services skills whatsoever , presumably as they are making / or taking no money ! The entertaiment team seem to be more concerned with enhancing their own dancing skills and basically showing off , rather than enteratining the children ( the childern actually had to dance at the mini disco behind the entertainment team !!!! and some of the evening entertainment was inappropriate when small children were still up )
Some of the waiters were ok and reception gave us air conditioning for free without even asking for it ...so not that bad. There is a clear differention of people staying at this hotel , for some it is just a cheap and cheerful get away for others it is there main saved up for holiday - if that is the case I would suggest you choose carefullly before booking and manage your expectations.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I stayed at the litera icmeler resort for a week with my boyfriend. We had an absolutely fantastic time. This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff are brilliant and several members of staff remembered us from last year. The guy who works round the pool is hilarious. He was always helping people find sunbeds and made sure the pool was clean. The rooms.. Yes they were basic but they were clean. The cleaner came in everyday. Our balcony was quite big
. The location is very good. Very close to everything. Icmeler is a lovely place with great people, bArs. Restaurants etc. Lovely beach and crystal clear sea!! The taxi boat to marmaris is great value. The food in the hotel can become repetitive, however it was fresh and well cooked. Lots to choose from each night, especially with the desserts!!! We stayed in block b which was no problem. To those who are writing awful reviews... What do you expect for little money?? If u want luxury and 5 stAr accommodation.. Pay for it. Yes it's not 5 star but oh well, I had a great holiday and met many other couples and families that did also. There are some bad points about the hotel.. The beds were a bit hard, the decor was a bit dingy and you had to pay for a safe. But who spends all week in their room?? If your moaning, get a life and go to the beach or pool or go out for the day. Your only sleeping and showering in the room!!! Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone.. Except snobs : )

Reviewed 10 June 2010

Went with my boyfriend in 2007 and we had lovely time. Staff was absolutelly brill, bit far from the beach. Icmeler is nice town not from Marmaris where you can take e trip to Rhodos. Food fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends