“Sue and Pat's Brilliant Holiday in Icmeler Resort Hotel after being worried by reviews”

NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort
Ranked #69 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Staveley
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The Hotel Litera Icmeler Resort.. After reading the reviews and wondering if we should cancel our holiday - we think all you moaning Brits should take a look at English hotels before referring to this one as rubbish.

We flew to Icmeler Resort Hotel on 28 June and returned on the 5th July. What a fabulous holiday we had. The hotel was brilliant, rooms very clean, clean towels every day, bedding changed every two days. Food was excellent and plentyful with a good choice, very well cooked, always hot. Desserts and fresh fruit were lovely. You could just about eat all day long if you wanted to. The pool area was lovely and very clean; we didn’t find any dirty pools and the young man making sure everyone had a sun bed worked so hard to please everyone. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and polite. Entertainment in the hotel was very much the same each night but, oh did the staff try hard, they worked their socks off and we did find it entertaining.

The Goldtrail reps were excellent and the Welcome meeting ought to be attended by everyone. The information we received was very useful and the reps can answer any questions you have about the resort. The resort itself has everything, from shopping to nightlife, from early until late - wonderful.

We flew with Saga Airlines and feel they are one of the best ‘no frills’ airlines we have flown with. There isn’t any in flight entertainment (but that is not a problem), the in flight meals we thought were quite expensive but you can take your own sandwiches.

Please everyone stop moaning and remember you have gone on holiday to enjoy yourself not pick spots off everything and everybody!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We booked our holiday through teletext (lowcost holidays), Goldtrail was the provider - it was advertised as 5 star but we have been to Turkey before so we knew beforehand not to expect that, we booked for the Resort which is Block A, however, after checking in the porter tool us over the road to block B, which i believe is the "Deluxe" and we were assured that it was the same quality as Block A, I was really upset with our room, it was nothing like in the picture and id be pushing it if i said it was a 2 star so my husband went back to reception and told them in no way or form were we staying there as it was not what we booked and the receptionist couldnt have cared less as we were about one of 40 people going mad due to the same thing. Eventually after a couple of hours my husband went and got the local police man, i dont know if he said something or not but the following day we got moved to A block and how they can possibly say its the same standard as B Block is beyond me, its still not beautifal but its far superior to B Block, and i can only be greatful the never showed us C block as the people that were put in there said it was like the Bronx. There seemed to be no logic as to who was getting what block,as i spoke with people that paid more than me and got stuck in B and people that booked last minute and paid hardly anything and got Block A. I also didnt realise we had to pay £25 a week for air con which was a bit annoying. On the bright side though, once we did get into A block, we had a lovely holiday, the food was great, the rooms are cleaned every day - i wouldnt recommend the lift though as we got trapped in it for half an hour. My overall opinion is that make sure you get into A block if your paying a decent amount, if your getting it really cheap then you can't really complain about being in B Block but try and avoid Reflex (C Block) - if you get A you will have a great holiday :) Im saying No as a recommendation as i think we were very lucky to get into A block, i think the norm is you just have to put up with what you get.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I was like any other traveller having read some of the reviews. You need to realise that folk complain about everything even when it may have no bearing on the hotel. I will give you an honest and frank review of the Litera Deluxe.

We stayed in the Deluxe on 6th July for a week. Location is awesome, the hotel is dated but comfortable, well at least our room was. We stayed in 434 in A Block, we had a leak in the bathroom and it did take them 3 days to fix it but that wouldn't spoil my holiday. Didn't have to pay £25 for the aircon as we did not have a balcony, sort of trade of I suspect. You can easily pull the front of the unit and manually turn it on without incurring the expense, I would try this before you pay the £25. It's all inclusive but I cannot comment too much on the food as we only ate there twice and that was breakfast and lunch. The Goldtrail rep Karen makes all the right noises but lacks even the basic skills you expect from a rep, she was no use with my leak, but after I threatened to flood the room they did fix it. The beer is good as are the soft drinks, the shop on-site is a little more expensive than the rest. The roof top pool in the Relax is ideal for some quiet relaxation. I took no Turkish Lira, all english notes, ***DO NOT EXCHANGE YOUR MONEY AT THE OFFICE ON THE CORNER OF THE DELUXE****, they charge 10%, take English notes, don't convert to Euro, you need one tenner per person for a visa to get into Turkey. Use the Exchange opposite the Kaymar and to the left of SET as you look at it, the don't charge commission, we got 2.3 TL for a pound.

If like me you book Litera cause it was cheap and needed a base but were prepared to eat out (which is relatively cheap) then its ideal. If you are booking it thinking, cheap but expecting a high quality of service you will be disappointed. Please dont book if this is the case, go for a cheaper two star apartment.

Iclemer is an awesome location and it was on average 40c everyday. Be wary of prices, haggle all the way, even for your dinner, they expect it. Jeep safari and boat trips are great if you get the right agent.

Defo going back but gonna try the Imperial Apartments, which are awesome, Sonny, Carlos and Roberto looked after me when I visited my friends there and made me feel at home, you could do a lot worse than book there.

Happy hols.

• Stayed July 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Ok first off I have never written a review of any kind online, however I felt I should in this instance as I myself poured over the Trip Advisor reviews before I booked this holiday. I had a limited budget this year to book a holiday with and I nervously booked the Litera after reading the various negative reviews and I am very pleased that I ignored them and booked anyway! The hotel itself would be a 3 star in my opinion and I can appreciate why the food would not be to everyone's taste but there is a lot to choose from and I personally found the food pretty good for what it is. What people tend to forget who write negative reviews on here about it not being a 5 star hotel etc... is that If you break the various aspects of the holiday costs down by flights, transfers, hotel stay, all inclusive it really does represent good value for money. If you want a proper 5* holiday be prepared to spend over £1,000 in order to achieve this, if however you budget is circa £400 you will struggle to find better than the Litera. The resort of Icmeler itself is beautiful and there are a number of good places to eat and drink if you wish to have a night away from the hotel. Therefore please accept whilst this is not a 5 star hotel, considering what you will pay for your holiday it is fantastic!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
belfast
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I normally dont write reviews but feel i need to. My friend and I booked this holiday 2 weeks prior to departure. we saw it on teletext and got it for 300 each. excellent we thought considering it was all inclusive. after booking it we started to read the reviews and i felt physically sick. for the two weeks prior to our holiday i read the reviews posted every day and even at one point thought about paying more to change the hotel. On the bus into the resort i felt sick with worry as i was expecting a total dump. We arrived at 9 in the morning and we were but in block b. After reading the reviews we wanted to be in block a. We thought we would go to our room and if it was awful we could change. I think we expected the worst and were surprised by the room. It was very clean. Yes the curtains are outdated and the titles in the bathroom are a little 80's but we were happy with the room. You must realise that 5 * in turkey is not 5* here. I would say our room was 3*. We were nice to the maid and ask for extra towels - no problem. Our room was cleaned every other day. we never even switched on the tv. Who goes on holiday to watch tv? We payed for a safety deposit box. Do not pay for the air conditioning. We didnt as our room was shaded by scrubs and therefore the sun was blocked out but a lovely scottish man one day showed us how to turn it on without paying. Lift the lid up and there is a button to switch in on manually. We used the pool in block b as it was quiet and easier to get a sunbed. The only complaint i have about the hotel is the food. It started off well at the begining of the week but it is repetitive. Iam a very fussy eater and to be honest by half way through the holiday i just wanted something normal e.g pizza. The food is traditionally turkish. Do not expect sausage , bacon etc at breakfast because you dont get it. We eat out and found a lovely restaurant just up the street called Sizzlers. I fully recommend it. For two of us it cost approx 11 pounds each for starter, maincourse and cocktails. If you are fed up with the food go out - you will find very cheap but excellent places to eat. Drink - iam not a big drinker but the wine isnt great. The water is filled out of the tap so aviod. Buy bottlesd water in the local supermarket. It only costs about 30p. Overall i had an excellent holiday, i went expecting the worst and was surprised that its not the dump everybody makes it out to be. On holiday you shouldnt be in your room much so as long as its clean whats the problem. If you really want a lush hotel, do pay a little extra. We had a walk around and found the Aqua and the Marti to be fab. If you have booked this hotel and havent payed much for it - dont panic its a good central base to sunbath, swim and sleep. I would eat out if you can afford it. My friend and I went on day trips - dont book them in the hotel. You can get them cheaper outside. The food on these were good. We payed about 8 pound for each trip. Cant say much about the entertainment in the hotel because at night we went out and experienced the hussle and bustle in the resort. Overall, we went with an open mind and the only thing that dissappointed me was the food. I hope this helps anyone who has booked to put your mind at ease. Its not as bad as everyone makes out.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank pinkduckie82
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Okey its not a 5 star but its not as bad as what everyone makes it out to be! We went for 1 week in june 2010. We had a fantastic holiday!!! We stayed in block b, rooms are clean but very standard. We always walked across to block A and used ther swimming pool as its much nicer. Gym... What gym?!?.. Lol its a joke if you want yo lift weights!! Location is brill infact u couldnt get it better! Icmeler is so beautiful that the hotel really doesnt matter. The hotel i would recomend is the Aqua hotel it looks gorgeous!!! Our lift broke twice in 1 week so we had to use stairs. If youv paid less than £300 then u wont be disapointed but honestly the hotel really isnt that bad at all... All the ppl who moan need yo get a life!!! We got a balcony but 2 single beds which we pushed together but we had to ask for a double sheet as we got given a tatty piece of cloth which was below anyones standerds!!! I think if you over 26 years then yes you probably would be dissapointed buy dont let it ruin ur hols as the rooms are clean and u will have a fab time. I wouldnt recommend this hotel tho but only because ther is nicer hotels in Icmeler.

• Stayed July 2010
South Shields
Reviewed 12 July 2010

As soon as we arrived at the hotel at 01:30 on the saturday morning I knew it was a mistake.
The hotel neon sign wasnt working,
Then when we checked in they wanted an extra £25 for air con and £15 for safe (this is supposed to be all inclusive).
Once we got in to our room it was clean very basic, opened the curtains and where was the sea / pool view we asked for we where looking over a pub roof littered with old shoes towels etc from the rooms above,we decided to go to complain, went to use the lift to go to the reception and there was no button to call the lift up to our floor.
Had to see rep next day to change room or hotel still waiting.
The food was nice same stuff most of the time but was tasty.
Entertainment was rubbish kids club and stupid crazy bingo it was like pulling teeth.
Pool area was nice , the all inclusive drinks where limlted to vodka, gin, beer thats it.
Basically we had a great week but please take heed the hotel is crap.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Miray Hotel
#53 of 77 in Icmeler
Hotel Palmea
Hotel Palmea
#52 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort? Share your experiences!