“Disappointing hotel”

NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort
Ranked #64 of 76 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Nothing like the photos on the internet. Very noisy at night with doors slamming and people shouting and swearing. The staff weren't helpful and some were very rude. The rep was most unhelpful also. Food was edible, especially if you like meatballs. Rooms were fairly clean and got fresh towels every day. We certainly wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for NOA HOTELS Nergis Icmeler Resort

Reviewed 15 July 2010

We stayed in the Literia Icmeler Deluxe Block A for a week starting 24th June. Hotel itself was clean, tidy and had all the facilities it claimed. Pool area wasnt over crowded and there was always sunbeds available. Animation staff were great, outside bar staff really friendly and chatty and staff at the turkish bath were fantastic. Would recommend a turkish bath, was amazing and really good value.
I have stayed in many all inclusive hotels and the food is the same everywhere. Its not amazing food but its all edible. I think people have to remember that they are not in Britian therefore wont be eating british food. There was always something out that you could eat.
Only downside was slightly rude reception staff and the luggage porter who would not leave until he got a tip.
We had a fantastic week at the resort and would reccomend the hotel to all.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2010

On arrival to the hotel, we were very disappointed both with the service we met and on subsequent non commital of staff to make things right. The Reception area was very old and jaded, and staff proclaimed not to speak English when you wanted to sort out a problem. Initially we were told the hotel was fully booked and we were moved to another block that resembled a Youth Hostel complete with old towels, a dank dark room with a small broken portable TV and a commute across the road for food and drink (we had booked all inclusive). There was a crate lift that held 4 people only at a time, and this hotel was full!!!! On returning to Reception to register our dissatisfaction, we were told there was no Manager available and that it was our job to ring back to England to get our travel agent to sort iout our complaints!! We were left waiting (4 hours) until we actually found the Managers office ourselves and refused to move. The Travel Reps (Nicky and Karen), were equally unhelpful and stated that we had to take the rooms, even though they knew they were substandard and they would not stay there themselves. In the end we were transferred out to another hotel which was The Kapmar - this was excellent and saved the whole holiday.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The Hotel Litera Icmeler Resort.. After reading the reviews and wondering if we should cancel our holiday - we think all you moaning Brits should take a look at English hotels before referring to this one as rubbish.

We flew to Icmeler Resort Hotel on 28 June and returned on the 5th July. What a fabulous holiday we had. The hotel was brilliant, rooms very clean, clean towels every day, bedding changed every two days. Food was excellent and plentyful with a good choice, very well cooked, always hot. Desserts and fresh fruit were lovely. You could just about eat all day long if you wanted to. The pool area was lovely and very clean; we didn’t find any dirty pools and the young man making sure everyone had a sun bed worked so hard to please everyone. The staff in the hotel were very helpful and polite. Entertainment in the hotel was very much the same each night but, oh did the staff try hard, they worked their socks off and we did find it entertaining.

The Goldtrail reps were excellent and the Welcome meeting ought to be attended by everyone. The information we received was very useful and the reps can answer any questions you have about the resort. The resort itself has everything, from shopping to nightlife, from early until late - wonderful.

We flew with Saga Airlines and feel they are one of the best ‘no frills’ airlines we have flown with. There isn’t any in flight entertainment (but that is not a problem), the in flight meals we thought were quite expensive but you can take your own sandwiches.

Please everyone stop moaning and remember you have gone on holiday to enjoy yourself not pick spots off everything and everybody!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We booked our holiday through teletext (lowcost holidays), Goldtrail was the provider - it was advertised as 5 star but we have been to Turkey before so we knew beforehand not to expect that, we booked for the Resort which is Block A, however, after checking in the porter tool us over the road to block B, which i believe is the "Deluxe" and we were assured that it was the same quality as Block A, I was really upset with our room, it was nothing like in the picture and id be pushing it if i said it was a 2 star so my husband went back to reception and told them in no way or form were we staying there as it was not what we booked and the receptionist couldnt have cared less as we were about one of 40 people going mad due to the same thing. Eventually after a couple of hours my husband went and got the local police man, i dont know if he said something or not but the following day we got moved to A block and how they can possibly say its the same standard as B Block is beyond me, its still not beautifal but its far superior to B Block, and i can only be greatful the never showed us C block as the people that were put in there said it was like the Bronx. There seemed to be no logic as to who was getting what block,as i spoke with people that paid more than me and got stuck in B and people that booked last minute and paid hardly anything and got Block A. I also didnt realise we had to pay £25 a week for air con which was a bit annoying. On the bright side though, once we did get into A block, we had a lovely holiday, the food was great, the rooms are cleaned every day - i wouldnt recommend the lift though as we got trapped in it for half an hour. My overall opinion is that make sure you get into A block if your paying a decent amount, if your getting it really cheap then you can't really complain about being in B Block but try and avoid Reflex (C Block) - if you get A you will have a great holiday :) Im saying No as a recommendation as i think we were very lucky to get into A block, i think the norm is you just have to put up with what you get.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I was like any other traveller having read some of the reviews. You need to realise that folk complain about everything even when it may have no bearing on the hotel. I will give you an honest and frank review of the Litera Deluxe.

We stayed in the Deluxe on 6th July for a week. Location is awesome, the hotel is dated but comfortable, well at least our room was. We stayed in 434 in A Block, we had a leak in the bathroom and it did take them 3 days to fix it but that wouldn't spoil my holiday. Didn't have to pay £25 for the aircon as we did not have a balcony, sort of trade of I suspect. You can easily pull the front of the unit and manually turn it on without incurring the expense, I would try this before you pay the £25. It's all inclusive but I cannot comment too much on the food as we only ate there twice and that was breakfast and lunch. The Goldtrail rep Karen makes all the right noises but lacks even the basic skills you expect from a rep, she was no use with my leak, but after I threatened to flood the room they did fix it. The beer is good as are the soft drinks, the shop on-site is a little more expensive than the rest. The roof top pool in the Relax is ideal for some quiet relaxation. I took no Turkish Lira, all english notes, ***DO NOT EXCHANGE YOUR MONEY AT THE OFFICE ON THE CORNER OF THE DELUXE****, they charge 10%, take English notes, don't convert to Euro, you need one tenner per person for a visa to get into Turkey. Use the Exchange opposite the Kaymar and to the left of SET as you look at it, the don't charge commission, we got 2.3 TL for a pound.

If like me you book Litera cause it was cheap and needed a base but were prepared to eat out (which is relatively cheap) then its ideal. If you are booking it thinking, cheap but expecting a high quality of service you will be disappointed. Please dont book if this is the case, go for a cheaper two star apartment.

Iclemer is an awesome location and it was on average 40c everyday. Be wary of prices, haggle all the way, even for your dinner, they expect it. Jeep safari and boat trips are great if you get the right agent.

Defo going back but gonna try the Imperial Apartments, which are awesome, Sonny, Carlos and Roberto looked after me when I visited my friends there and made me feel at home, you could do a lot worse than book there.

Happy hols.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Ok first off I have never written a review of any kind online, however I felt I should in this instance as I myself poured over the Trip Advisor reviews before I booked this holiday. I had a limited budget this year to book a holiday with and I nervously booked the Litera after reading the various negative reviews and I am very pleased that I ignored them and booked anyway! The hotel itself would be a 3 star in my opinion and I can appreciate why the food would not be to everyone's taste but there is a lot to choose from and I personally found the food pretty good for what it is. What people tend to forget who write negative reviews on here about it not being a 5 star hotel etc... is that If you break the various aspects of the holiday costs down by flights, transfers, hotel stay, all inclusive it really does represent good value for money. If you want a proper 5* holiday be prepared to spend over £1,000 in order to achieve this, if however you budget is circa £400 you will struggle to find better than the Litera. The resort of Icmeler itself is beautiful and there are a number of good places to eat and drink if you wish to have a night away from the hotel. Therefore please accept whilst this is not a 5 star hotel, considering what you will pay for your holiday it is fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple