“Disappointing”

Ranked #53 of 137 Restaurants in Icmeler
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Deniz Kapısı originally opened in 1971 by Mehmet İnce our founder. Located on healing water of Icmeler on the beach. Originally it was used as a 6 room hostel and restaurant and used to be named ‘‘Sahil Restaurant’’. With 46 year and 365 day service the most delicious, freshest, most special dishes are coming out of our kitchen. Beside our Local delicacies as well as our selection from the World Cuisine, are getting renewed day by day.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The view in the day is stunning and at night with the reflection of the lights on the water just as good. This was our 5th holiday in as many years in Icmeler but oh how this place has changed. We have spent many a night here enjoying a great karaoke with some really good singers and some very good cabaret. This time around we visited 3 times due to the fact that I thought on the previous visits we had picked a wrong day, but no there was no mistake. I was told that they are trying to push the restaurant side more than anything but to be fair we did not see much evidence of many people eating and on the 3rd visit as we were leaving one of the barman said see you tomorrow and I said I have come for drinks the karaoke and you no longer run it and he offered to open it but I said its too late now. I know the new mayor is clamping down on bars/restaurants wanting them to be one or the other but Heaven Bar not far away still has a karaoke and the Irish Bar is as lively as ever. For us this was a change too far. Sorry I did not comment on the food we did not go there to eat but they had a lot more people in the place as a karaoke than the few we say as a restaurant. I wish them well in the future and now just have memories.

2  Thank Alan B
There are newer reviews for Deniz Kapisi

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We chose this restaurant based on location with lovely sea views and managed to get a table on the little jetty out into the sea which was just beautiful as we watched the sun go down and the lights of Icmeler and Marmaris start to come alive. The food was fine, I had a pasta dish and really enjoyed it, although there was far too much for one person! My husband had a mixed kebab which was one skewer of beef, one chicken and two lamb. He was really looking forward to it but was disappointed that they were all really small and nothing special on flavour, although there was nothing wrong with the food, it was fine and he ate everything. We enjoyed the experience and the views but compared to other places we ate in Icmeler, the food just didn't stand out as anything special for us.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Being in our late twenties we weren't to keen to eat British food whilst on holiday, so were delighted when we saw the Turkish Menu. On our first visit we had fresh caught fish which the staff filleted at the table for us and had our first turkish teas. The second trip we had the all day Turkish breakfast which comprised of a giant selection of breads, jams, cheeses, eggs, salads, dips, cheese rolls, olives, nuts, dried fruit and a pot of Turkish tea. You could even ask for more of each and not be charged extra. All of that for less than £15 we couldn't believe it.

The staff are all really friendly and happy to recommend places to drink and watch sports around town. The food was all fresh and in very large portions. Deniz has a private area on the beach as well as a pier with tables on which you can book for dinner. Most people come to see the ducks which they keep here and can be seen swimming around the beach and love to eat bread if you have any spare from sandwiches. There are showers on the beach and a hairdryer in the loos which was handy.

Another good sign of the quality of food was that there were loads of locals eating there.

1  Thank pink00flamingo
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Without doubt this place does the best turkish breakfast in icmeler with beautiful views.we also had some lunch here and it was excellent also especially the squid. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Yet again great food. Fantastic view over the bay. I had the mix grill and for £12 it's the best mix gill I have ever had. Couldnt finish it. Make sure you come here on holiday x best 1 yet ...... enjoy