“Fantastic stay, delightful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ida Hotel

Ida Hotel
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay, delightful staff”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed at the Ida for 2 weeks from 21st July. What a gem of a hotel. Staff - excellent service, polite and always very attentive service. Jill on reception was very kind, helpful and welcoming. She was always available at breakfast time if you needed anything.Thanks also to Alex (I love you more than cheese on toast! ) Zaza, Cengiz and the rest of the team, always willing to have a joke and a laugh at breakfast and throughout the day. Rooms kept spotless by two very hardworking cleaning ladies. Room lovely, with balcony, overlooking the pool. Comfy bed,thank goodness for air con,great shower. Safe in room was £20 for 2 weeks. There was also a fridge in the room but I thought £35 rental for 2 weeks excessive. Food at hotel was good on the occasions we ate there, I agree that you do get asked every day if you are dining in the hotel this evening. Pool area kept vey clean and welcoming. (the first week of our stay people claimed sunbeds by putting a towel down early morning which bugged me a bit. But if I wanted a sunbed I just moved a towel. Drink prices on a par with other bars, soft drinks more expensive than beer. (Cheaper drinks are available at the Buffalo, Maya, Florida bars). Fab central location. 2 mins to beach. You will be hassled by other bars to eat there,when you pass by, some are more determined than others to get your business. A good ploy is to say you have already eaten. Beware of 'genuine fake' t shirts etc. They look great, but when you wash them the dye comes out. Be prepared to haggle. If you don't mind getting very wet go on the jeep safari we booked with Simon who's 'stand' is just passed the Florida bar, near the cash point machines. What a fab day that was. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, thank you so much Ida Hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was 121 overlooking the pool. No lift.
1 Thank franklydear

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My friend and I stayed at Ida hotel July 29th – Aug 5th 2013 and I can honestly say we had the best time. We arrived at Ida late on the Monday and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. Jill showed us to our rooms and showed us how the air conditioning worked and explained everything we needed to know. One of the waiters even carried our bags for us.
The room, although slightly small, had everything that you would need. The beds were comfy, the rooms were clean, the shower was powerful and it had a safe and a fridge (for a small fee). The cleaners kept the rooms spotless and towels and bedding was changed frequently. We had a slight problem with a flooded bathroom from a leaky sink which we noticed at 3.30am one morning, we rang reception and someone came to temporarily fix it very quickly and it was mended properly the next morning.
The hotel is perfectly situated right in the middle of Icmeler and is within walking distance to everything you need. The beach is approx a 5-10 minute walk away and the bus stop for the bus to Marmaris is only a 2 minute walk away. If you’re planning a wild week away with friends perhaps Icmeler isn’t for you (Marmaris would be better) however, if you’re after a few bars and somewhere to eat it is perfect .
Don’t believe everything that you read about the staff hassling you to eat at Ida, they do offer you a table every evening but they are very polite and friendly and if you turn it down they’re fine with it. In Icmeler you do get hassled practically everywhere, the competition is fierce between restaurants/bars and they all work on commission so you can’t blame them for trying to get you to eat/drink there. We only ate at Ida on two occasions but the food was fantastic, I wish we had eaten there more as the food at other restaurants was nowhere near as tasty.
The staff at Ida were also fantastic. Cengiz and Alex in particular were great, as was Nico who works at the pool bar and was always there to provide us with cocktails by the pool! The cocktails, although a little more expensive than at some of the bars, were definitively worth the few extra lira. They were the best cocktails that we had in Icmeler (and we had a fair few...!) The pool area was kept immaculate by Nico and there was never a fight for a sun bed. As well as two swimming pools there was also a Jacuzzi which was like heaven when you’re boiling hot!
I will definitely be going back to Ida, it’s the best hotel I’ve stayed in abroad for a long time!

Room Tip: Room 110 - overlooks the pool and has a slightly bigger balcony than the rooms at the side of the ho...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Sara P
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed in the Ida with my mum on the 29th July until the 5th August. We arrived just after midnight on the 29th and the staff in the restaurant (you had to walk through this to find reception) were very helpful and directed us to where we had to be. I didn’t catch the name of a lot of the staff but the man who greeted us was helpful and we were quickly shown to our room. There was an option to change room if we weren’t satisfied but we couldn’t fault the room.
It may have been a little smaller than expected but to be fair that’s the only thing I could comment on. Like others have said, it was spotless, had air conditioning and a safety deposit box (although we had to pay a little extra for this it was really worth it,) and all in all it suited our needs. The beds were comfy and clean and everything about the room was to a high standard.
Some of the reviews have pointed out that they may not have had a kettle and tea making facilities but to be honest even though we didn’t have this is didn’t cause us a problem at all as we never spent long enough in the room to really warrant the use of this. Not only this but the coffee served in the Ida and Bonjour restaurants was decent and so such facilities were not a necessity.
Later on the Monday that we arrived we were able to collect our passports and saw Jill, who was very helpful. When it came to going home, Jill contacted the shuttle company to arrange our pick up time to go to the airport.

There wasn’t a huge range for breakfast but this wasn’t an issue as there was a full English, Turkish breakfast and a variety of toast with things such as jam and butter, egg, beans etc. Both my mother and I found this more than enough selection, better than we had experienced previously in all- inclusives in the area. I only had toast most the week but the one occasion I had full English, it was very good. We did have to pay extra for juice but I would much rather pay 7tl for fresh orange juice than some of the tasteless water passed off as juice I’ve had in other places.

People have mentioned that they were hassled by the staff in the restaurant about not eating there but I can honestly say I never experienced this. Alex once asked if we were going to eat there and we told him we would the day after, which we did. The restaurant food was very good! I can understand people might not like to be hassled but I wouldn’t even call it “hassling” behaviour – it was, in my eyes, understandable that they would try to get you to eat there if you stayed there.
After reading some of the reviews on here my mum was a little nervous but she was pleasantly surprised that the situation mentioned in reviews appeared exaggerated and we experienced minimal hassling. The staff in both restaurants, (the Ida and the Bonjour) were pleasant and always smiled as you walked through and we weren’t hassled apart from the one occasion mentioned. In our experience and can say nothing but good words about the staff here as they worked incredibly hard and we always saw the same faces regardless of whether it was morning or night.

On the whole the waiters were friendly and after reading some of the reviews we did not experience the issues mentioned with some of the staff as they all seemed pleasant and approachable should you need to talk to them. (This was the appearance they gave upon our arrival and continued it throughout our holiday making it appear pretty genuine.)
The hotel has three pools one of which looked like a jacuzzi although I never used this. This area was always spotless and the pool itself was remarkably clean and can’t be faulted.
The staff around the pool worked hard and were always happy to help you out and were always friendly and nice to talk too.
The day before our departure out shower broke and when we approached the reception staff and explained the situation they fixed it within the hour back to perfect working order. As we did not expect such efficient service we were surprised at the speed things were fixed.

Overall it was exceptionally clean, staff were amazing and the breakfast couldn’t be faulted. Seeing how we booked pretty late and it was a cheap holiday we easily got what we paid for and in my opinion the staff can’t be praised enough.

I would most definitely return there next year with friends.

4 Thank Steph H
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed at the Ida hotel from the 13th July to the 27th july and we had a brilliant time the hotel was very clean,maids in everyday to clean or change towels.We stayed round the pool most days the food and serves round the pool bar was excellent.The restraunt food was outstanding.Best in the resort.A member of our holiday group was taken ill and had to have a few days in the local hospital .Zsazsa was very helpful making phone calls to the hospital,sending flowers.Gill always their to help with anything.The staff made our holiday always very pleasant if we were eating in the restraunt or not .Alex and cengiz always on hand to entertain us.Can't fault anything!

Room Tip: Room 127. Excellent view
3 Thank TONY B
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the ida from the 16th july to the 26th july.
Greeted by the lovely Jill , we were given a ground floor room and It seemed to me that they put younger groups on the ground floor so i would recommend that if you need a ground floor, to ring up and request one a couple of week before your arrival as there is no lift. However we did on numerous occasions have staff and other holiday makers walking past our balcony throughout the day and night.
The rooms were stunning and had been decorated well, they were cleaned on a daily basis and towels and bed linen seemed to be changed on a regular basis. The wardrobes are very spacious and had room on top to put your empty cases on. Our room did not come with tea making facilities. However, our fridge and aircon came under the whole price and there is a hairdryer in the bathroom.
The pool area is cleaned and well looked after by nico and dennis. There are 3 pools, one of which turns into a jacuzzi. This can be switched on by asking the pool staff. There are plenty of sunbeds for everyone and the staff cant do enough for you.
We had our breakfast in the main bar, and had plenty of choice, tea and coffee were free, however any other drinks have to be paid for. The staff were lovely, however we only ate here once as the meal i ordered was wrong, and by the time it came back, my boyfriends plate had been cleared, so we hadnt eaten together. It happened to numerous other holidaymakers round the pool that what they had ordered had come and werent what they had ordered. So we only drank there. We did not feel pressured into eating in the restaurant, however, the staff offered every night to seat us. They were not rude if we turned down the seat so do not let previous posts worry you. There are sometimes entertainment in the main bar, and is often busy. The partnering bar bonjour is just as nice and also as busy.
The hotel is central to everything and a short walk from the beach. Coco beach has free sunbeds, the earlier you get there, the better the sunbed.
I would recommend stopping in this hotel, and having seen the bonjour rooms, if you are going as a bigger family, would recommend stopping in apartment. They have ovens, microwaves, washing machine, dining area, 3 balconys and a living area. I will most definitely be revisiting this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hannahjadeR
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Have stayed in a few hotels in Turkey , and like other reviewers I can not praise the Ida highly enough.
The rooms are immaculate, the food excellent, and service very very high.
We had a great week in july and will in all probability return next year.

I can not recommend it highly enough

Room Tip: all are excellent
3 Thank racoxon
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Stayed at the Ida Hotel for two weeks from 9 July 2013. This was our fourth visit to Icmeler but the first time we had stayed at the Ida and it certainly won’t be our last. The location is great on the main square with a view of fountains and gardens and close to the beach, bars and shops. The rooms are of a high standard and spotlessly clean – our room was cleaned thoroughly every day with fresh towels and bed linen. You cannot fault the cleaning staff the whole hotel is spotless from the corridors to the pool area. We tend to go to the beach each day but on the days we did stay at the pool we were made to feel so welcome by Nico and the pool staff who couldn’t do enough for you. Breakfast is included in the price of the hotel and you can choose anything from the menu which makes a nice change. We normally eat at a different restaurant each night but the food in the hotel restaurant was delicious and we ate at the hotel at least six times during our stay. The restaurant and bar staff are polite and attentive and make your evening enjoyable. Even returning to the hotel after a night out they remain the same and are happy to serve you and your friends with drinks into the early hours. All in all we really enjoyed our holiday and would not hesitate to return to the Ida again. Many thanks to Jill, Zaza, Alex, Ghengis, Nico and the rest of the staff for making our holiday so enjoyable (sorry if I have missed anyone off but you all did a fantastic job).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple