“Fantastic experience”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner when on a try dive day trip with these guys why staying in turkey and all I can say is what a wonderful experience my partner was extremely nervous about the hole idea of diving but instructors were fantastic so patient with her and too her down on her own one to one the day consisted of two dives, you get to see lots of fish and would recommended this day trip to anyone and this company as they are far better priced than the rest and so so good!! The only problem I had is we bought picture DVDs of us underwater and the pictures were exactly the same on both cd's so we got mugged off a little bit by that but for the fact we spent £24 each on a days diving with lunch you cannot complain wouldn't even get a hours lesson for that in England!! There was a few experienced divers on board when we went on the boat trip and they were aloud to do there own dives of deeper and much longer under the water, had no problems with the equipment or anything to do with the day! Absolutely wonderful experience thanks guys!!!

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Friendly, professional, and ridiculously helpful.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've literally just got back from our holiday in Ichmeler and the first thing i wanted to do was write this review... Call me keen but Divers Delight are bloody ace and I felt compelled to tell you why....

My girlfiriend and I decided to take our PADI open water course with Divers Delight and began chatting to them on Facebook before we went out there. They were always polite and friendly and really earned our trust before we'd even left the UK.

When we arrived we were greeted warmly and were shown the ropes. We were the only ones doing our open water, the rest of the customers were beginners like us doing shallow water dives so we all had a joint brief in the morning. The staff were all introduced by our instructor Tess who is literally the best woman in the world ever. She guided us through our course with understanding, professionalism, humour and a lot of patience. She is a wonderful teacher who speaks perfect English, (something we were slightly worried about before we left.) She kept us calm and guided us through the course with plenty of encouragement as well as leading all briefings and generally just being awesome.

The rest of the team are great, Mesut, Oran and Mohammed were all top notch and greeted us every morning with a smile.

Safety wise the team are on the ball. They checked and double checked our gear before use and helped us every step of the way. They also helped a young girl who panicked right in front of us and calmed her down. Making us feel at ease with what we were about to do.

We went to a different dive site every day and got to see some really lovely scenery so whether you are a beginner or experienced diver there's plenty to look at. They're also cheap too... really cheap, for what they offer you'd be hard pushed to find a better dive company around Marmaris.

All in all, I can't speak highly enough of Divers Delight. If you are thinking about doing a PADI course then 100% check them out, and if you're up for a day trip then you can't go wrong with these guys.

Big fans.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Steve G
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Recommended for experienced divers only!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As a PADI divemaster, I wanted to take my grandad scuba diving for his first ever dive. We spoke to some people who recommended Divers Delight. So we booked on for a great price of £15 each.

Once we got to the bay, the instructors asked if we wanted to do a PADI OW course. My grandad politely declined and I showed my PADI license card. He said that I can go get my equipment on and wait for a buddy. I went and put on my wetsuit, BCD and oxygen tank. I found it alarming that I was asked to get into the water without any buddy safety checks.

I was then joined by a lad from Scotland who was nice. We spoke for a little bit then off we went for half an hour. When we came back to the boat my grandad was floating on top of the water with his BCD fully inflated. The rest of the group who are doing scuba for the first time, were about 15 feet away. I swam over and asked what was happening. He told me he cant go underwater and has not been told how to deflate the BCD.

I was shocked at two things. First of all, my grandad wasn't told how to deflate and inflate his BCD and secondly, they didn't wait for him and just swam off leaving him on his own. I was furious at them. I told them I was getting in the water with him to show him the basics. After showing him how to get buoyancy and go under water he didn't like it. As he said he didn't like the sensation of breathing under water as it is not normal! LOL.

So for the rest of the trip my grandad sunbathed on the top of the boat while I went on a couple more dives. The sea life was beautiful. I really enjoyed it but only after I knew my grandad was out of the water and safe.

This trip is for experienced divers only as I would seriously consider safety for any newbie. I am very experienced diver and the lack of safety on this boat was a concern. I seriously hope they get their act together as the guys on the boat were excellent.

Maybe they can employ me for my perfect job ;)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lee C
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Our experience of guided diving for OW/AOW divers”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Firstly, I base my review from my experience as an AOW Diver and our own diving experience. My husband and I are AOW divers me with 25 dives and Phil with 80+. I'll try to keep this brief.

We booked 3 days guided diving, to be picked up from Turunc Harbour. I suffer from limited mobility in my joints, I cannot always lift my own equipment but as my husband helps me with this its not a problem, we are self sufficient usually, he helps me get ready and then sees to himself.

On our 1st day we arrived on the boat to be told that we had to be ready double quick in ten mins as as soon as the boat stopped we needed to be in the water as our guide needed to be back to do some try dives. This was the pattern for the next three days. Rushing. Not being allowed time for proper checks. No briefing. Rushing is not something I associate with diving, having 25 dives under my belt I consider myself to be relatively inexperienced and still do need some guidance. I have respect for my own safety and the safety of my buddy too. Rushing is not something I want to do on holiday either. This ruined my confidence in this company.

I have a preference for diving from the boat platform, kitting up sat down on the platform, and then dropping into the water face first, this avoids me having to walk round kitted up and also allows me to be less dependent on others. I can also kit up in the water too if needs be which allows the water to take the weight of my equipment. On the 2nd day I was told I had to kit up on the platform as the boat was moving as I was "slow" (I'd call it suitably careful). I was then ushered into the water as soon as the boat stopped and then my husband was laughed at for not being ready as he had been helping me.

On the 3rd day the boat arrived without sufficiently filled tanks and we had to use aluminium tanks, we asked for extra weights, which we were told werent necessary but then I ended up diving with rocks in my pockets so I could get down.

Dives were 30 mins long exactly as our guide needed to be straight back out on try dives.

We did witness on several occasions our guide handling octopus, starfish etc. This may seem different to what we see in every day life but our view is – look with your eyes – there is no need for these animals to be handled – thrown about in the water, more like. An octopus squirts ink because it is alarmed not so that you can admire it.

On the last dive our guide forgot his weight belt and had to go down onto the sea bed to collect rocks to proceed with the dive. This is a true reflection of the quality of the organisation and I am afraid we cannot recommend them at all. Our view – an accident waiting to happen.

Customer service was poor, we never discussed dive plans, our location, any needs we may have, we didnt fill in the log for the boat, medical conditions were not discussed.

We parted with £150.00 in advance for this and for this I am sorry as I would have stopped on the first day had I not paid in advance.

Of course, as AOW Divers we are aware of safety and could look after ourselves, others cant and I would absolutely not recommend being trained by this Company due to the lack of attention you will receive.

Try Divers seemed to be happy however, there were several occasions of unsupervised children on the boat who were too young to dive as their parents were diving, which was annoying as they could be unruly.

My overall view - there is not enough staff on this boat, the operation appears to be being run on a shoestring with safety being compromised as a result.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Julesandphil
Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“best experiance ever”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

i would recfomend scuba diving to anyone it was brilliant i saw a squid that inked us pipe fish gobeys and loads of other fish on my dives excellent

Visited May 2013