“Superb again”
Review of Hotel Aqua

Hotel Aqua
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Another fab holiday at the aqua liked the improvements from last year the bathrooms are great rooms great food is excellent .the gardens are immaculate.staff can not be faulted.special mention for George at the pool halicia at the pool bar also a big thank you to sule for the nice room just one hiccup what happend to the dress code see you next year already booked terry & olive

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olive S
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear reviewer,
We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth the improvements and our staff workers. We pride ourselves on our high quality standards of accommodation and efficient guest service. We hope to see you again in the future.
Hotel Management.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

went 13th may for 10 days 7 of us 750 each a/i 1st visit great location one of the best hotels loved the walk in shower - most staff very friendly one at the outside snack bar needs learn to smile - outside pool and inside pool great a couple of strides to the beach lots of sunbeds - entertainment ok best night abba and turkish night and 4 girls on one nite hard to get seats to watch in and out - trust jewellers 2nd st on left as u leave hotel and across road were brill and better prices than uk for gold - lots of nice bars near canal fav bam boo bar they fussed over my special needs 27yr old and had him up dancing and us - lovely food but missed bacon and sausage at breakfast loved the town and the local market was good -

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank zigzag
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind comments about our hotel.We are very proud of the high standards we operate here and it is always lovely to hear our guests have had a wonderful stay with us.We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth our entertainment .Thank you for your detailed review about our staff .We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I have just came back from this amazing hotel, I am GLUTEN FREE and had no problem at all, if you go to customer service on your first day she will take you to see the chef and explain, she will also write you a card (in Turkish) to take with you if you eat out, always something for me to eat (no cakes though hahaha!) plenty of rice, grilled chicken, salad, veg, chips are fine, crème caramel (G.F), omelettes. no end of great food. I can only speak for myself but I was fine and had 2 fantastic weeks. Cant wait to go back to the Aqua. :-) You must also visit the Love Boat for a meal (if you show them the card to explain you are G F they will advise you on the menu.
ONLY ONE PROBLEM came back fatter than I went. :-) Great time had by all.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carole M

Dear reviewer,
Thank you kindly for taking the time and bestowing us with generous compliments . We are truly delighted that you were happy with your time here. We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth food and our staff workers.We wısh you come back to stay wıth us agaın
Best reguards

Reviewed 16 June 2013

We have been to Brazil, Australia, Greece, America, Belgium, Spain and France, ... But then we found TURKEY !!!!!.

I am writing this review, after I returned last week from a fortnight in the Hotel Aqua, Icmeler. I would just like to thank the Jet 2 staff whom made mine and my husband flights spectacular, the cabin crew were always on hand if needed, and the in flight meal was far more beautiful than the usual rubbish we would end up with from Virgin, EasyJet and Thomas Cook. They made sure our first was well quenched by offering us drinks throughout the flight, they were so helpful and the pilot was a laugh too. With his little witty announcements over the intercoms.

We arrived at the Hotel on time. A member of staff was there to greet us and asked us if we had a same flight. He even pointed out some of his favourite restaurants from within icmeler, and even told me jokingly I look liked Angelina Jolie, despite the fact I am 56 ! ! he was so kind and carried our bags from the coach into reception, he waited while we checked in where he carried our bags to the lift and up to our rooms. He placed them in our rooms for us. And wished us a beautiful holiday, and hopes to see us around. The reception staff upon check in made a mess up though, they placed us on a ground floor pool view, which was okay but we had paid for an upgrade to top floor sea view, which took them all of five minutes to rectify. Which was brilliant, they offered us some complimentary home made cake upon arrival to our room, which we willingly accepted. A beautiful apple crumble which came as we had just finished unpacking.

The sea view room was spectacular, we loved watching the sun set over the horizon and listening to the beautiful ambience of the nightlife of Icmeler. The room itself was impressive, the bed was comfy, and it did wonders for my husbands hip replacement, he had been experiencing some pain, but that seemed to have cured it. We had 8 pillows on our bed, (4 large ones) and 4 smaller ones. The bathroom was clean, really clean and really modern. Complimentary bath robes, slippers, towels , hand towels, soap, shampoo and shower gel too.!. The television managed to pick up BBC one. We saw 20 minutes of EastEnders last Tuesday, which was showing in Turkey at 9:30 due to the two hours difference, but then it lost signal so we finished up the evening watching a foreign translated version of Footloose, which I didn't mind as it had English subtitles. The room was spacious, with a beautiful balcony. Which caught a lovely amount of sun in the mornings. The rooms were cleaned at 11:00 am on the spot. Could not fault the made Anya, she was such a lovely lady and spoke great English too, we left them a lovely tip of 50tl. (Lira) . The room had a mini fridge which was stocked each day with Cans of Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite , Water and a bottle of Chardonnay

The pool we loved, it was beautiful and warm , all day long. We usually stay in adult only accommodation on our travels, but this was not bad at all. With it been during the school term times. and all. The pool was cleaned near on all the time. Never a battle for a sun bed. At all.

The hotel in itself was about 85% English, 10%American and 5% other. We met a lovely couple called Sharon and Roy, whom say they have stayed at Hotel Aqua for the past 3 years and it never fails to impress them.
The Food was so elegant. Finely organised and never the same, every night brought something different. Chicken, Fish, Turkey, Beef, Mash Potato, Yorkshire Puddings (On Sunday, funnily enough) , Chips, Kebabs, Salad (Tomato, Lettuce, Carrots, Coleslaw etc..) And the deserts were succulent, Black pudding was my favourite, Some Turkish dishes also. Chocolate Gateaux etc....
The bar area I did not use but my Husband drank Efe's beer and was even lucky enough to come across a can of John Smith's in the lobby bar. The beer was always Ice Cold and nice, so my husband Arthur says). I drank the pop. Mainly sprite, I drank that much it gave me gas. haha. The waiters could not have been more helpful. They were tonnes of fun and seemed great with kids. They came to us every night and asked if they could get us some drinks. They even brought me my dinner one evening. I felt a bit silly if I am honest . I would also definitely recommend the Spa, have the leg treatment at 70tl it lasts for 60 minutes and it did wonders on my Osteoarthritis. Which I have suffered from since I was 35. I felt like I could run for miles. It was so great, I could not believe it. My husband at 64 had turkish bath and embarrassingly he took of his towel and down came is Speedo. I have never been so humiliated in all my life, lol but it was fun.
The icmeler town was great, I loved it. The locals were so friendly and many bargains were to be found on the market. I was looking at fake prada bags, which were real leather but a price of 200tl. I said no then the man took it down to 45tl for me. I was gob smacked, the things they would do for money. They were all a laugh. They tried flogging my husband a shirt which read 'Fully loaded' with an arrow pointing to his below region. Saying "I bet your a veteran in the bedroom aren't you friend" which i found amusing My husband did not buy it , So I bought it for my Nephew.
The restraunt I loved most was Dolce Vita which stood almost on the beach front the entertainment and food there was so amazing. A lot of food which would be found in England. Roman or Romeo, I think his name was, were a good laugh. He even walked us back up to the hotel. Which wasn't needed but hey ho.

The Hotel entertainment was so amusing and we were never bored. They made sure we was happy. We saw them all day everyday except Sunday when its the day off. They had different, fun shows every night. A professional drag team came on Thursday. They pulled 8 men up and gave them a rather amusing lap dance. Before dressing them up and teaching them to drag. Arthur was in his eye holes. When they called him up. The stubborn git refused lol. They were great fun with kids and us in people.
The beach was so soft and warm, the sea and beach was clean. With life guard called Uzmit, working it, the police were called to a rowdy man who started pissing in the bushes. But that was soon dealt with. Watch out for the men selling dodgy watches on the sea front. They charge 50tl for some that seem to work but then they don't when you get them. I learnt the hard way. We went into Marmaris, twice but that was it. It was too loud for us. So we stuck to Icmeler.

I have seen some places in my life but this tops the lot.

Food 10/10
Location 10/10
Entertainment 10/10
Staff 10/10
Bar 10/10
Pool 10/10
Rooms 10/10
EVERYTHING 10 OUT OF 10.... GO HERE AND DON't LISTEN TO THE PROFFESIONAL MOANERS !.

Room Tip: get the sea front top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for all your feedback to the hotel and information for future guest, as to the area and for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for staying with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hotel Aqua.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2013

I have stayed at the Aqua several times now and it is everything you want. The staff are friendly and go out if their way to help you. They are excellent with children. The food is excellent something for all. Rooms are spacious and clean. The location is excellent if you dont want to stay by the pool, walk 5 mins to your own beach or maybe go on th trips. Thankyou Mr Tolga and staff keep up the good work. Room 352. 30/5/13 to 7/6/13

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank 98Kaz

Dear Reviewer
We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth our hotel and our staff workers.We hope to see you return to Hotel Aqua very soon.We are so glad that you realy enjoyed your time over here with us. Hope to see you soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2013

As regular visits to Turkey this was our first time in Icmeler. Beautiful hotel, good food and drink. Had to change rooms and they upgraded us to a suite which was very nice. I agree with previous reviewers that some of the staff need lessons in customer relations but overall most of them were pleasant and polite. Lovely beach and beds available around the pool. (Looked out one morning 6.30a.m. - people on sunbeds?) Each to their own. The only thing was that as with a lot of places in Turkey you get pestered by restaurants and trip arrangers. I know all inclusives have spoilt it for the restaurants but it got annoying not being able to walk 20 yards without someone harrassing you. We went to the 'Wonder Bar' a couple of nights and 'Eddie' was a great waiter and the atmosphere was great. They even had a Joe McEldery look alike, when we told the young waiter he looked it up on his phone and it was the topic of the night. Spent three days in Turunc which was a water taxi ride from Icemeler. Quiet and friendly so we will be holidaying there next year. Talking to people at the hotel and they say they go back to the Aqua year after year. Not for us too many places to see but overall a good holiday. Apparently this hotel is numero uno on that coast but it was expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Forresty

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind comments about our hotel.We pride ourselves on our high quality standards of accommodation and efficient guest service. We hope to see you again in the future.
Hotel Management.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here for one week in October 2012 in the grand suite. The hotel was of a good standard, however we have stayed in much better suites previously. The room was a little 'dated' and in need of an update, however on the whole was adequate and clean. Staff generally were friendly enough, however we encountered one or two bar staff that need a reminder in general manners. We booked the hotel direct and got a reasonable deal. Weather was poor, but we can't complain due to time of year ( this was a stop gap break to put us on until a Dec break to Australia). The hotel has a great spa facility that was a welcome relief on cooler days.
Overall a reasonable stay and would return in the future in summer months.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to wrote this review. We are very glad and excited for accomlishing your criteria about a pleasant holiday.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hotel Aqua.
Kind Regards