We are a 40/50 year old couple who have not long returned from The Aqua in Icmeler, Turkey. It is a five star hotel in a lovely area on the beach with the market canal 5 mins walk away. The hotel itself we would probably mark as 8/10.
The positives which made the holiday so enjoyable were
1. the location, right on the beach, 5 mins walk from the market canal and loads of bars/restaurants and walks. We went to the Majestic a couple of times where they do live dancing and acts - mainly men dancing on the bar which I was quite happy with!
2. The staff were excellent and couldn't do enough for you. The bar staff and waitors were extremely friendly, the entertainment committee were brilliant and George the pool man was excellent.
3. The food was extremely good for all inclusive, which over a 2 week period is not easy. There was always a choice and bearing in mind the hotel was full the second week of our stay this did not turn into a frenzy at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Again the waitors made this easier by being so friendly and making up tables for you pretty much where you wanted to sit. In previous hotels you have either been allocated a table for your entire stay, or are directed to a table that is for 2 (if that is how many of you there are). We could sit where we wanted which was great
We made friends with so many people who work in the hotel. On of the entertainment committee even met with us at the hotel on her day off to go with us to Marmaris for a shopping trip!
The areas that let the hotel down, but I have to say did not affect our overall enjoyment of the holiday, was the size of our room, the very small bathroom, the small balcony and the slightly smaller than expected size of the swimming pool.
We plan to return to the hotel next year hopefully and would recommend it to our friends and family - my dad is already looking into it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five star Hotel Aqua is nicely situated on the South Western tip of Turkey, where the Mediterranean and Aegean seas meet. Hotel Aqua is located only 7 kilometers from Marmaris City Center and 110 kilometers from Dalaman Airport. This unbeatable beachfront location provides proximity to shopping, night life, restaurant and bars as well as fantastic excursions which Icmeler generously offers. Comfortable rooms, exquisite culinary experiences, luxurious Spa and Wellness centre, combined with spectacular views and unparalleled service, will guarantee a perfect stay and unforgettable memories. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Aqua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Hotel Icmeler Turkey