“Not bad for your money”

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rashid <world7867@gmail.com>
Date: 25 July 2011 04:59:21 AM GMT+01:00
To: world7867@gmail.com

We have just returned from hotel mares. We have 2 children (6 & 2).  I have to say the hotel is not 5 star. The hotel is a good hotel, considering what paid. The service, activities, food, location are all excellent.  I have stayed in many hotels and have to say this was a very good place to stay.

The hotel is about to go ISO 9002 therefore any feedback given is taken seriously. The hotel has 4 pools 2 of which are for children with 2 watersides only one water-slide is good as it is slow.

Food was great, great choices of salads and meats. Obviously when you see it everyday it does become boring but I suppose us humans are not happy even if we have everything.

The wether was fantastic. 34 degrees. (June 20th to 27th)

One let down was the time it took to get to the hotel from the airport 2 hours approx, not easy with the kids.

The hotel had Brits but mostly the people were Russians, polish and italians. We kept ourselves to our selves.  The kids club was great with a disco every night.

Overall I would give the hotel 6.5 out of 10

Would we come again........... Yes

Hope the review helped because the other reviews didn't help me decide.

Mehmet in coffee shop was very nice and helpful all the time even when checking in at 3am in the morning. Recommendation he gets a promotion if your the general manager reading this.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Rashid7867

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Hi! I really do not understand all those positive reviews... Really! It couldn't be worse. I stayed in the Hotel with my family and I can surely say, that I recalled my visits to Egipt (strange as it may be!)! It's NOT a 5 star hotel in fact. The service, cleaning, furniture, beach etc. are not too good to remember. Our linen has never been changed, as an example. Maybe we were the lucky ones. I don't know. I will never reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank RMargo50
scotland
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Beautifully situated, hotel, - took about 30-40 minutes to walk through to Icmeler. Food was really good - from freshly cooked pancakes/omelettes for breakfast to freshly cooked meat, filled turkish flatbreads to lovely salads. They were quick to replenish and the waiters all really friendly and helpful. Cutlery was highly sought after in main restaurant! Pizzeria and Turkish restaurants nice for lunch and you get served (no need to book at lunchtime), a la carte in the evening was quite nice too. Main pool was a bit deep for me, but OK for the rest of the family. You could usually find some free sunbeds around the pool during the day, but if you wanted a block together you would need to get up by about 7.30 - the chairs/tables around the pool bar are a good substitute if you can't find loungers. Internet access in the hotel lobby was great but often intermittent or unavailable. Cash - you can just take English 10's or 20's - all the shops/markets/watersports etc take either pounds or lira - when we paid in pounds we got change in pounds - money easily exchanged over there if required. There is a free safe in the room, you just programme in your pin code. When we arrived at 4.30am we were put into one of the 2 bedroom bungalows which was about the furthest away from the hotel - I'm not going to go into detail but it was absolutely disgusting!! We immediately phoned reception and said it was not acceptable and they said to come up at 12 noon and we would be moved (no argument). We were offered another 2 bedroom bungalow which was much nicer and had obviously been refurbished, not recently, but much better - so not all bungalows are of the same standard. Maid service in the bungalows was very minimal and the towels I think were only changed once without us asking for clean ones. A scam which we encountered the day before leaving - maid came into clean bungalow, chose a few items of clothing of mine which she fancied and hid them under the beds (2 items under bed in one bedroom and 1 item under each of the single beds in the other bedroom). I guess she thought as we would be in the middle of packing we wouldn't notice, however I was going to wear one of the items on the plane so went on a hunt and found the 4 items stashed away ready to pick up the next day once we had checked out!! I was not surprised when I didn't receive a reply to the mail I sent to the manager to make him aware of this, so be warned!! All in all a good holiday though.

Room Tip: Complain quickly if you get put in one of the horrible bungalow's and watch out for the thieving...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank 13RT
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

After initially being a bit apprehensive about booking a sunsaver deal (allocation on arrival) and seeing some of the other hotels that people were being allocated in, we were VERY pleased with where we were placed.

The hotel is just outside of Marmaris - in some brochures I think it's actually classed as Icmeler - so was quieter than expected. The room was amazing - very clean and a decent size, with lovely views over the Dolphin park.

The food was lovely - we couldn't get enough - good variety and plenty of it! Staff were extremely friendly and really made us welcome.

We've recommended it to all our friends/family and wouldn't hesitate returning to the hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vikkineal
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Initially when we arrived we were located in the family 2 bed rooms (booked through Thomas Cook) however the rooms were really smelly and not up to scratch. After some serious persuasion with reception we were mioved to the main building in the hoel which was fine.

The food was very good with plenty of choice for everyone. Really good every day.....

The pool area you struggled to get a sun bed even at 9am, people reserved sunbeds really early on a morning.

The beach area, really lovely but again never any sunbeds available.

Entertainment was very low budget to say the least!!!

All in all had a good time, would recommend the hotel and probably would return.

Room Tip: Would not recommend booking in the family rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My friend and I have just returned from a lovely week here. Great location, fantastic views,
lovely clean & airy room, amazing food choices, as in always so fresh. All staff friendly and helpful, especially the lads in the Sultan bar. Only one issue the whole holiday is there are signs near all sunbeds to say if you have not returned to your bed within 2 hours your things are removed by staff, did not see this happening. I would suggest YOU do this as people reserve beds around the pool and also on the pontoon (best place to be). Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a little bit of everything from a hotel / holiday.

Room Tip: book through Thomson Holidays
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank JAD2309
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I visited in early July with my boyfriend.
Lovely hotel, Clean and friendly.
Plenty of food choices which was very nice. Service in all bars and restaurants was swift and welcoming.
Entertainment team were outstanding and always had time for everyone and making sure everyone was happy.
Would defiantly recommend this to couples and families alike.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
D-Resort Grand Azur
D-Resort Grand Azur
#14 of 234 in Marmaris
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace

Been to Labranda Mares Marmaris? Share your experiences!