“Food was lovely would stay again”

Labranda Mares Marmaris
Ranked #9 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family and found the villa clean and presentable. Rest of the resort was beautiful well maintained and food was great as inclusive allowed access to numerous restaurants during the day.
Great kids club and entertainment for all the family regularly.
Friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Hasna B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,981)

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Hotel very poor villas need to be knocked down and rebuilt the smell of damp is amazing , thomas cook book these villas but say they know nothing about How bad they r if you fight you will in the end be moved to the hotel you have paid for but it is not easy staff can not speak English if you rmake a complaint ,no sun beds unless you get up before 7am to resver one ,so if you want to flight with the Russian, sleep in damp ,no sun beds ,one singer for 2 weeks enteraiment ,this is the hotel for you

Room Tip: Do not let them put you in the villas
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tania S
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We where a group of 12 all family and we all enjoyed our stay at the mares hotel it has its good and bad points .good ones first the hotel was very clean rooms service was every day staff where really friendly air con was great pool was cleaned every other day the spa was fabulous the food was plentifull lots to choose from did get a bit repetitive at the end but its cheap enough to eat out if you wanted ,drinks where ok local beer wines and spirits weather was red hot but plenty of shaded places the animation team where great very friendly and helpful the grounds of the hotel was stunning with sun loungers on the jetties. Ther is a dolphin park at the hotel where you can book to swin with the dolphins me my son and daughter swam with em it was fabulous. Bad points where if you have walking difficulties there are lots of steps up to the garden villa rooms my mam tripped and broke her arm there is a doctor in the hotel but its a rip off . At breakfast ,lunch and evening meal times there are the ignorant Russians turkish(those on holiday) Germans who just push in just put your hand out say no and they step back don't let them walk all over you they learn
. All in all we are going back next year it's all booked probably the best all inclusive holiday we have had if you do have walking difficulties ask for a room in main building its all on the flat roll on July 2014

Room Tip: Main building if not ask to be moved
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My partner and I have just returned from the Yaziki Mares hotel on an all inclusive deal and were very disappointed in both Jet 2 customer service and the hotel itself. In my opinion this is a good hotel for families, but not for couples of any age. Its also not a very good hotel for the Brits in general. This is because the standard of English was poor and we found on occasions there was a real language barrier. I do speak or at least can get by in several languages, but not Turkish. Some staff even walked off when we approached because they could not understand us, which is just plain rude. The hotel guests were mainly Russian and East European (70%) so the dinning room and bars are a bit of a free for all as queuing is essentially a British trait. It also meant that staff pursued the Brits more aggressively for their tips as other nations as a rule don't tip much. They would often put your drinks on top of the tip box as a hint even when its several feet away from where you are standing. It is notable that everything in the hotel is in several languages, but the tip box is only in English. On my first day and only my second drink a waiter challenged me saying you English drink all day for free you should tip more. I tried to explain all inclusive is not free and tipping is for good service. I think I tipped in the region of 200 Lire during the week, much to the annoyance of my partner, but the tips were not appreciated and you were forgotten again next day, with the exception of the fish restaurant. The whole thing generated lots of discussion around the pool. Food in the restaurant was plentiful, looked good but was bland and tasteless and pretty much the same every night. We ended up eating out a couple of nights. The quality of meats was especially poor. Dinning was not pleasant as kids were tearing around with plates full of food and clean tables were hard to find. The A La Carte is a strange affair. In the fish restaurant there were no menu's just two starters shrimps or calamari and two main courses bream or bass,but what small amount there was is good quality and we got excellent service. The Turkish one again two choices of meal and no 'Carte' and no vegetarian options just Kebab or chicken, the service very slow and disorganised. The pizzeria you get a choice of a couple of pasta dishes or half a pizza, but service is good. Curiously the snack menu's had about twenty options, but then they would point out that only five or so were available. Our flight got us in to the hotel at about 3:30 PM but there was no food until 7;00 PM and we had been travelling since 3;00 in the morning so we were very hungry.

Sunbeds were a big problem they were all reserved by 9.00 by people who did not use them until mid afternoon. There were not enough and one day we had to for go our all inclusive and went to Icemeler to sunbathe. The hotel does has a non reservation policy, but it is not controlled. Some people put towels on two beds one by the sea and one by the pool. The pool bar also does not serve alcohol in the day except beer. The entertainment team work hard and the atmosphere and music around the pool was very good.

Other good points are that the location and layout of the hotel is beautiful and the room we had had a stunning view of Marmaris Bay. We got the room because they mistakenly thought we were repeat visitors. We did not correct this misunderstanding because we were due a bit off good fortune after our dealings with Jet 2.

The maid service was pretty good although we did find broken glass and a cigarette lighter under the bed when we checked out and they forgot to replace the toiletries the last two days. However fresh bottles of water were left every morning in the fridge.

Excursions
We booked one day trip with the Jet 2 Representative to Rhodes and we could not recommend. Although we knew it would cost more this way, but we expected a hotel pick up and an English speaking guide to give us more help rather that sorting this ourselves. however, I would recommend booking trips yourself as they are cheaper that way. In our case the pick up was not from the hotel door, but the bus stop on the main road, the coach was late and we had to sit at opposite ends as there were no seats together. When we got to the harbour we were just abandoned. I joked with one equally confused guy that we could have got lost by ourselves for half the price.. The Jet 2 rep said when we booked that arrival in Rhodes would be 9.30, but it was almost 11.00 He told us the return was 17:30 so lucky we checked and found it was 16:30.

On arrival at the Airport we could not find any Jet 2 personnel they were outside in the car park. The Jet 2 transfer was good but in both directions but we were told by the Jet 2 Turkish guide on the way and driver we should not forget to tip the driver, which we thought was a bit cheeky. Some people offered English money to the driver and he asked them for Turkish Lire. There was no Jet 2 representative on the return at all and he only visits the hotel once a week. The positives on Jet 2 is the luggage allowance of 22k and local airports. The service is poor in our opinion.

After being concerned about negative hotel reviews for the Mares we contacted Jet 2 Customer Service looking to change hotel several weeks prior to departure. They replied when I was already at the hotel some 28 days later. They did not seem interested once we had paid in full and in paying a deposit we had secured a more expensive deal. In retrospect I would never have pay a deposit to Jet 2 as the holiday price drops considerably nearer the flight dates we got tied in to a more expensive deal and there were better deals available if we had waited. We were also seated separately on the return flight because we had booked Jet 2 on line and were given a lower priority even though we booked before most of the other passengers travelling on the flight.. This is what we were advised at the airport check in.

The only time we were well ripped off was when I had a Turkish Shave in Moonlight 1 in the Old Town covered Bazar. Watch this place. I agreed a price of 10 Lire (about £3). They locked the doors took my T Shirt away and then started doing all sorts of treatments I said I said I did not want. This included a hair cut which I told him I had two days ago already. he price they demanded was 100 Lire (£30-£35). I have a policy to never argue with a man holding a cut throat razor.

Also watch the Airport as prices are crazy. It costs about £8.50 for a beer so eat and drink before you get there.

Room Tip: Rooms second floor main hotel 1204 for example have an amazing view to watch the evening over the Ci...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Rooms good clean and spacious, we stayed on 3rd floor. Although we stayed the first night in one of the villas as hotel overbooked which were not so nice. Food excellent. No beach had to sun bathe on jetty as hotel has only one small pool which is incredible for size of hotel, also very loud music blaring out all day. All inclusive drinks fine and round outside bar barman works very hard and is always cheerful. At night they had a local band who were very good. Pizza restaurant was excellent on site with no need to book during day. Lovely location with a promenade all the way to icemeler which is a lovely walk. Also to marmaris. All in all good value for money, but could do with bigger pool or another pool and no beach is disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Three of us went on this holiday, me my mum and brother who is autistic and schizophrenic. The location was beautiful, the pool was great and there were man-made beaches along the front. All of the staff were lovely, especially to my brother, entertainment was amazing, all day entertainment around the pool with lots of variety, especially for the kids. In the evening they did the kids disco and some form of entertainment for the adults. One of the bars had a live band every night.

The variety of food was overwhelming to say the least, they have a room just for tapas style dining with salads and breads in here (cereals/fruit in mornings) and the main room had the different types of meals with a pizza station/pasta station/chapattis being cooked fresh and then your typical all inc buffet. There was much of the same things most nights but you did have a choice of meats (chicken/turkey/lamb/mince and fish). I personally tried to stay clear of the rice as I had a bad time from a previous holiday in a different destination with salmonella. I had one day with a bad tummy (this was due to eating rice the previous night) but was fine for the rest of it.

We had a standard room in the main building and it was lovely and spacious especially for three of us, it was cleaned and tidied daily. We also had great sea views. We made friends with some others staying in the hotel, and they didn't seem to be so lucky they had the villas and said that they were not up to scratch.

I had some treatments in the spa on-site and it was amazing! I managed to get one of the packages they do (sauna, turkish bath & exfoliation, aloe vera face mask, fish pedicure and a full body massage) and it was well worth the price, I haggled a little to get the price down which they did, worked out to be around £50 for the lot. I was in there for 2 hours.

The only thing I would say is if you plan of sitting around the pool of a day, then you will need to wake up very early to get your towel on a bed as the ratio of beds to the amount of people staying in the hotel is not good. My mum took towels down between 6.30 - 7am and said that each time 70% of the beds already had towels on them.

Unfortunately we had to cut the holiday short due to the circumstances with my brother but we had a lovely stay and were sad to leave.

Room Tip: main building rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mischa L
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our room was lovely - we stayed in the main hotel where all the rooms have been re-modernised and are great, however, we spoke to people staying in the villas and their rooms did not compare!! There food was the same everyday but if you use your imagination you make some tasty meals for yourself (to be honest, what can you really expect from an all inclusive restaurant?). The service at the Pizzeria and the Turkish bar was excellent and the food was great.

You definitely won't be bored here! The entertainment was amazing (definitely the best thing about the holiday). Throughout the day the animation team keep both children and adults entertained with pool games, darts competitions, bowls, kids club, a children's mini disco and lots more! The spa was incredible, we have never felt so relaxed! The evening entertainment was good with live music at one of the bars every night and a night club open from 11pm - 1am every day (which I don't think many people know about) but is a great laugh! There's also lots to do at extra costs such as swimming with dolphins (worth every penny) and water sports that are great fun.

However, during the last few days of our holiday my boyfriend became very unwell with salmonella/gastroenteritis and the doctor had to drive us to the local hospital where he remained in hospital for four days, which meant missing our flight home and me having to stay extra nights in the hotel. Luckily the insurance company covered everything but the hotel reception staff were less than happy to help. It ended up with me bursting into tears because they were very rude and said they had no rooms left and there was nothing they were going to do to help me. THANKFULLY, some of the very friendly members of staff from the animation team saw me upset and spoke to the general manager of the hotel for me and the manager of the hotel and the manager of Guest Relations, Cenk, were fabulous and found me a room with no trouble. One of the animation team members even drove me to the hospital to see my boyfriend and came to the room to make sure he was ok! They were absolutely FABULOUS!!

Don't let this put you off the hotel - it all turned out ok in the end and don't worry if you have to go to hospital because the facilities there are great (much better than any hospital I have ever seen in the UK and much nicer than the hotel) - although make sure you have travel insurance because the hospital fees are pricey!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel - avoid the villas!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mft1992
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
#31 of 77 in Icmeler
L'Etoile Hotel
L'Etoile Hotel
#26 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Labranda Mares Marmaris? Share your experiences!