LABRANDA Mares Marmaris
Monte Hotel(Armutalan)
Caprice Beach(Marmaris)
  • Pool
2,065 results
All reviewssultan bardolphin parkpizza restaurantentertainment teamthe main hotelturkeysea viewgreat holidaysea frontsaladkids clubrussian guestslobby barturkish restaurantincluded in the all inclusivepool gamesevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The hotel was amazing the entertainment team was brilliant fantastic shows all of the team looked after me and was very friendly made me feel safe I enjoyed every minute with them there was plenty of entertainment through out the day with pool dances and aqua gym they were a fantastic group of people and I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Littlemix1396
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have just returned from this hotel so going to write this review whilst the memories are fresh. Before I tell you my experience let me assure you that I have travelled all over the med and have great experience so this is not a novice review this is the truth from my experience. We had late night flight and arrived at the hotel very tired about 3am. A cart took us in a very odd manner to the room situated in the villa area. The room was prepared for two not three. I was so tired I had to sleep on dirty pull out bed with a disgusting duvet I found. I slept on my towels. The next day I had to begin my daily visit to reception to order bedding. The room was dated and not very clean although it was cleaned the standard was poor. In my opinion the room was 2*. we had paid for 5*. Ok the view was superb and because of the view we didnt ask to be moved... typical british we didnt want to make a fuss.First day our rep from Thomas Cook Leo took us for a ride. Offered us a free trip then with extras and travel it came to £16. Then sold us a trip for the child with us to the water park at £10 each. we thought we had done well not to be conned ... ha ha. No transport turned up for the free trip or the water park. we did take the dolmus to the water park but stayed half an hour because it was awful. we called him arranged to meet him and we never saw him again.. Please be warned all these people want is your money!! our toilet broke twice and took many trips to reception to get it sorted which really annoyed me. I felt that I was constantly complaining. Ok great location low standard accomodation. Pool area is great but it is run by a group of young entertainers so the music is blasted out all day.. pool games are in full swing and it is a hi-de-hi experience. Not my cup of tea but tolerated because we had child who loved it. in fact also watch this group they will try and sell you all sorts of extras. i was hounded one day to play bingo. after hours I said Ok I might and was given 2 tickets for the both of us .. I thought after he had given me the tickets he said 4 Lira... but no later it was 40 lira so tickets went back.. I was left alone after that!! It depends on what you like I really disliked these entertainers. Now this is not a British hotel or geared up for the British you will be in the minority. Russians are the main visitors and as you can read from other reviews very different from us. The food is superb if you can find a table because it really is a free for all and a very horrible experience. The amount of food wasted is a disgrace. People pile up there plates and the whole dinning experience is stressful. we preferred to eat in the Pizza restaurant which was very good. The Sultan bar became mainly our place. Staff and alcohol excellent. Evening music good. the staff are mainly nice. the beach area was lovely but very little sand. For all said I had a fabulous holiday because of the location my friends and the lovely people we met. on the way home Thomas Cook let us down and we had 24 hour delay. Loved Turkey but would not go back to this hotel until it has a face lift or re furb.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank chezzy7
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first trip to Turkey, so we had no idea what to expect with regards to the location we had chosen or standard to be expected by the star rating. We were given a family villa close to the main pool area. It was modest, in need of refurbishment, but was kept very clean and was adequate. As mentioned in an earlier review, we were unaware it was school holidays and the hotel was full of children. This in itself was not a problem, however, we found the main pool area too busy and noisy. It's not a particularly large pool, and the "second" pool is actually just a landing area for the water slides. It would have been nice if the complex had a pool away from the main area for us "more mature" guests to relax by and read a book without the constant music. We ended up most days on one of the two jetties. This was by far more relaxing but you had to be up at the crack of dawn to reserve sun beds! The food was good and there was plenty of it. My daughter is a vegetarian but she always managed to find something to eat. It would have helped if all the food was labelled. Some of it wasn't. As mentioned in other reviews, we did see lots of food waste due to people piling up their plates and then leaving it. We ate at all three a la carte restaurants and the food and service was excellent. We didn't have a bad experience with any of the hotel staff, in fact they were all very friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy their jobs. I'm a firm believer in saying "please" and "thank you" and I think this goes a long way if you expect to receive good service with a smile. Some guests didn't seem to think this was necessary. All in all, a lovely holiday.....yes a few things could have been improved upon but for what we paid, the location, and spectacular views it was a great week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from a week at the Mares hotel. It's perfectly fine for a relaxing week away in the sunshine, the food and drink is plentiful and there is a large pool and beach area and the staff were generally very helpful. However I wouldn't say it is 4star+, not by UK standards, which is the rating we were told when we booked.

There were some niggles, our safe didn't work on arrival and we had to insist on our valuables being looked after by reception until the safe was replaced. Reception staff didn't seem to want to take responsibility but we didn't like just leaving our passports and money to chance in our rooms. Also it took them a few days and several attempts of our pestering before they let us have a second key to our room, with a 20 lira deposit required!

The hotel is huge, more of a village than a hotel, with long rows of terraced bungalows as well as rooms in the main hotel. We were in a little bungalow, it was clean but basic and the décor was rather dated. The bath panel had been kicked in by someone and left with such a huge gap that I was worried we might get rodents coming through!

The hotel has it's own private strip of beach as well as large swimming pool area. There are plenty of sunbeds by the pool area and on the beach, and everywhere is kept very clean, although you have to be up early if you want to reserve a sunbed and the music was too loud poolside so we preferred to be on the beach. There are also plenty of shady areas under the pine trees and around the hotel which is nice if you don't want to burn.

The evening entertainment could be greatly improved by having some variety. On our first evening there was a band playing for a couple of hours by the outside bar and they were actually rather good, we really enjoyed them. The next night they were there again, playing the same songs and they still sounded good. By the end of the week we knew the words to every song off by heart and the order in which they would be played. No other acts at all, so we were left a bit disappointed. One night they blew the fuses so that gave us a bit of additional entertainment!

The only other niggle really is the immense food wastage by the other guests! It seemed to be the norm for many guests to be piling up their plates taking far too much, to the extent that some people then had to do without, then leaving most of it on the tables to be cleared away by the waiters. Most of the guests seemed to be Russians, not sure if this is normal behaviour at an all inclusive or a Russian thing?

Anyway these are just my opinions, these were just small details, and generally we had a great time and good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jenny P
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'm here at the moment. The food selection and quality is very poor. I wish I had booked self catering and gone out for meals. The entertainment is very poor, they don't interact much from what I've seen. Thumbs up for the gym, one of the best I've seen for a while on my holidays.

• Stayed: June 2014