“Heaven on Earth”

Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
cardiff
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I have just returned from a second visit to the Marti Resort de Luxe, after previously visiting the resort in May and they say its never the same second time, well is was just as fatanstic as the first time, if not better, as this time we stayed in the refurbished part of the hotel, with its wall mounted flat screen t.v. enormous double bed and the bathroom which was just as impressive.

There are two large pool areas, surrounded by paving and grass with plenty of space for sun loungers, if the pool is not your thing, you can spend your day on the beach, which belongs to the resort so the sunbeds are free and again there are plenty of them.

There is a well equiped gym, sauna and Turkish bath, that are free to resort guests.

In the evening you can join in with the activies on the Oriental bar, which is over looking the beach or just relax in the plush outdoor seating area just off the reception with its own quiet bar area.

Icmeler is so pretty, you can take the beach walk to Marmaris, which will take well over an hour but worth it, or catch the taxi boat that takes you to Marmaris Mariner in 20mins, in the evening you can walk along the canal and visit the street vendors that run the length of the canal.

The staff at the Resort couldn't do enough for you, I would say this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Liked — spacious pool area
  • Disliked — nothing
3 Thank analowe
, Halkla İlişkiler Müdürü at Marti Resort de Luxe, responded to this review, 1 week ago

We thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

We are really pleased to know that we have provided you a good holiday at Martı Resort Deluxe.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I have recently returned from a lovely holiday in Icmeler, Turkey. This was our 3rd stay at the Marti Resort Hotel. Having been to Turkey 9 times I have noticed that the prices in Icmeler have rocketed over the past few years. Turkey used to be a cheap place to have a holiday but I am afraid those days are over as far as I am concerned. The room at the Marti was very clean but dated and needed refurbishing. They look exactly the same as they did 7 years ago! I feel that If the Marti wants to keep it's 5 star status then all the rooms must be re-decorated and kept up to date. I know that some rooms have been refurbished but they all need to be done.The beds and towels were changed daily as where the poolside towels. The gardens and grounds were kept immaculate. The food was ample and suited most tastes but I found the food a bit monotonous after two weeks so my husband & I ate out every evening during the second week. The entertainments team tried hard to keep things going, i.e water polo, darts, bocia, etc but a lot of holiday makers were not that interested in participating. They were a lovely bunch though and lots of fun. Thanks Mehmet and Aytunc. Two great guys. We booked all-inclusive before the start of our holiday because we knew how expensive the drinks had become at the Marti. Lots of people whom we met at The Marti Resort Hotel had to upgrade to all-inclusive because of the horrendous prices charged there. I really feel that they were forcing people to upgrade to all-inclusive which really should be an individual's option at a reasonable alternative. I loved the Marti Resort Hotel 7 years ago, I still love it there but I might have second thoughts about returning for a 4th time.

• Liked — The wonderful gardens, closeness to the beach.
  • Disliked — Food was monotonous!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank Travellust_8

We are so thankful to receive your review about our hotel and our colleagues.

Your observations and feedbacks will definately be taken into consideration by our management. As we are always giving the priority to our guests' opinions, we will be more careful on those issues.

lancs
Reviewed 22 September 2008

We stayed at the Marti in Sept. The weather was fab and the setting of the Marti is beautiful. The hotel is lovely but the room we were offered was not 5 star. We upgraded for £230 to a delux room which was lovely. The view from this room was breathtaking. The food was very repetative but always hot and well presented. The staff gave you loads of attention if you tiped them at the begining of the week. ~On the whole the staff were quite miserable especially reception staff.
Icemeler was lovely and it had loads to do at night. The sunbeds were free on the beach which was lovely and clean. This was a big saving. The beds around the pool were plentyful and you did not have to get up early. I would definately go back just for the view from my balcony. Don't expect 5 star though and you will not be disappointed

• Liked — The balcony view
  • Disliked — dark room
1 Thank chrisLancs

Darlington,
Reviewed 21 September 2008

The first this I have to say is that the hotel layout was very good and the room was one of the best we have stayed in.

I do however have a complaint to make regarding the price of both food and drink within the hotel. Whilst I can appreciate the hotel charging an additional amount for drinks I believe that the Hotel Marti changed an exorbitant amount for drinks. In the bar and restaurant a small bottle of water was costing 4 YTL, whilst in the market attached to the hotel the cost of a small water was 1 YTL. This is an increase of 400%.

In the hotel bar a small beer and a large beer was priced at 13 YTL and in the bars in Icmeler the same was 7.5 YTL and the large beer was in a larger glass. I believe that the hotel was possibly charging this additional amount to supplement the customers that had booked all-inclusive. If we had wished to do this before we embarked on the holiday we would have done.

There were also several incidents within the Restaurant of the hotel with the waiters, whilst some of these were very helpful and pleasant to all customers a number were unhelpful and totally ignored customers. There was several instances of us going into the restaurant at approximately 20:30 and choosing to use the non smoking section, as we entered they were removing the evening meal cutlery and laying the tables for the breakfast meal. This is even when the restaurant was open until 21:30 in the evening. The waiters were not happy for us to use this part of the restaurant at this time and totally ignored us when we were attempting to order a drink for our meal.

Several of the waitresses were either stood around doing nothing or having either a conversation with other staff or arguing with them.

There was also a man roaming the restaurant, I can only assume that he was the Head Waiter, in my opinion he was a total waist of space and did nothing, as far as we could see to ensure that everything was running smoothly.

As we have been on a number of holidays with you in different countries, some of these are up an coming countries and some are well established this is the worst service we have encountered.

We had a few meals and drinks outside the hotel and the service was excellent. Why is this not so in the actual hotel?

You have this hotel classed as a 5 Star hotel and are charging for these holidays as such. As far as my wife and myself are concerned this classification is incorrect and the hotel should be classed as a 3 Star hotel at best, and a warning should be made to any customer that is wishing to stay there regarding the price of drinks and additional food outside the restaurant.

The air conditioning within the rooms was at best inadequate at worst abysmal. The room itself had two levels and the air conditioning was on the lower level and situated on the floor. Even I can see that hot air rises and cold air falls, therefore the unit should have been situated on the higher level and preferably near the ceiling. This would have ensured better use of the equipment.

We have been to Turkey 3 times now, twice to Ismeler, and this holiday has now put us off visiting Turkey for the foreseeable future. This is unfortunate as Turkey is a wonderful and enchanting county.

• Liked — Sea Views
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank MarkDarlington

Portsmouth
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Having stayed 2 weeks in the Marti Resort hotel i can not see how its rated 5 stars! It is more like a 4 star hotel. I definatly reccommend going all inclusive we went half board which was a big mistake as it is £3 for a coke and £9 for a cocktail. The exchange rate for money in the hotel was terrible offering 1.03 lira to the pound sterling, however, we changed our money in a local restaurant for 2.10 lira to the pound sterling.

When we opened the door to our our room we were shocked because it was very old fashioned, small and dark which is not what we expected considering that we had paid alot of money to stay there. We were led to believe on the website that we would have a nice modern room.

Pool area was very nice and the daytime entertainment was good fun.

I did not feel safe to walk around on my own in the hotel at night involving an incident.

I was impressed by the food in the restaurant it was very nice and there was lots of variety.

Reception staff were very rude! we were disgusted at the way we were treated they just stood there and stared for a while before they would offer any help and we didnt find them very helpful. Then at the end of the holiday they told us the bill was twice the amount that it really was. It was a good job we checked it with our receipts! Also they tried to charge us for 2 bottles of water from the minibar which we hadn't touched!

overall its a lovely hotel but very expensive and if we ever came back to Icmeler again we would never come to this hotel again.

Stayed September 2008

worthing west sussex
Reviewed 13 September 2008

This was my first time to turkey and was attracted to this hotel by web pictures and reports of icemeler.On arrival we where taken to our room 654 and when door was opened it smelt like TOMCATS had been in there and a terrible mark on carpet had been left.No way could we stay in this room and went back downstairs to be told there where no rooms available unti tomorrow.I complained and said we where not going to stay in that room all night with that smell and mentioned to them about there 5star status.We where then told we could have a deluxe but if i paid an extra £16 per person which was £224 extra.As my wife has a medical conditon i decided to pay and sort out problem with THOMAS COOK next day big mistake .Hotel did not want to know and now in process of taking legal action .Hotel is clean air con is the worst i ever known in rooms and resteraunts.Be prepared for temps in excess of 100f in resteraunts fans are there but will not switch on .Very slow service from staff and be ignored entertainment was iffy to say the least.Also in all inclusive be carefull for example in mini bar water and mineral water only free if you have a coke it will cost about 6lira £3.0 or the red wine 16 lira £8.00 tiny bottle .Ice cream in cones is free but if you have a choc ice wrapped they will charge you how ridiculous not a good all inclusive.I will return to TURKEY but never the MARTI and will tell people my experience and avoid the place like the plaugue.

• Liked — the scenery
  • Disliked — the room and airconditioning

Chislehurst
Reviewed 31 August 2008

Arrived at midnight and dropped our cases off in our lovely rooms.
We headed 2 minutes into town and the noise was deafening. Lots of very lively bars. Thought we had landed in a mini Marmaris and was not impressed .

Then the next day we really appreciated how beautiful both the hotel and scenery were. We originally booked Half Board and after paying for 3 cokes and a Beer for £12 decided it would be more cost effective to upgrade to All Inclusive. This cost another £100 per person per week. This was well worth it as the food was lovely and the kids could help themselves to all the soft drinks and Ice cream they could handle making our holiday much more relaxing.

We decided to do this as the price of restaurants outside were not as cheap as we were told they would be.

Rooms : The rooms were very spacious and very very clean. We were in a standard room and once we upgraded to All inclusive our mini bar was emptied and just water left ..which i thought was a little harsh. But towels, sheets cleaned on a daily basis without fail.

Air Con : Its not rocket Science to keep the air con on all day all you had to do was take the key off the fob and leave the fob stuck in the wall to keep air con on all day.

Food : plenty of choice for breakfast , lunch and dinner.
Seabass and Seabream available each day along with Chicken, Veal and Turkey. Some Brits were complaining about no bacon but don't forget this is a Muslim country.

Hotel. Hotel is lovely and the oriental bar is a great place to chill out in the evening if the entertainment is in the amphitheartre.
Hotel is spotless and the pools very clean. Pools are very cold first thing and although they have a few they are all quite deep for younger children. ( there is a very small babies pool)
The obligatory up at 8.00am to put your towels out on the sunbeds I am afraid.

Entertainment : lots of pool games and organised events during the day by the hard working animation team..Temel, Onur and Sedat to name a few really do their best to keep you entertained.

Evening entertainment is "ok" they do try hard to please all nationalities.

Definitely visit a Turkish bath and go to the mud bath/Turtle beach trip to Dalyan. And men try a Turkish shave well worth it for £2.50.

All in all a very relaxing holiday for us as we chilled out in the lovely hotel for most of the time. The Turkish people are the friendliest people I have meet while traveling abroad.

The only downside for us is that there was nowhere to eat and chill out in the evening as 99.9% of restaurants turned into "fun pubs" around 22.00. Hence why we chilled out mostly in the hotel in the evening.

If you want it even livelier go into Mamaris.

The hotel maid it for us . If we had been in a dump I think my review may be a little different

• Liked — Clean and Spotless with friendly staff and great food
  • Disliked — very pricey if not All Inclusive
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank FamilyEdwards

Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
#37 of 78 in Icmeler

Been to Marti Resort de Luxe? Share your experiences!