“Return visit”
Review of Quadas Hotel

Quadas Hotel
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and i have just returned from our second visit to the Fantasia and unfortunately have to agree with some of the other reviews.Last year I wrote a review saying it was a good hotel and we had enjoyed our holiday but this year a few little niggles have crept in.The hotel remains ideal for our needs ie good location with decent rooms and basic ammenities.Niggles are that food at breakfast and evening meal need an overhaul because they remain suited to the European guests and I am aware you can't please everyone but the amount of reviews that criticise the food should prompt the management to address this problem.Having said that I would not put anyone off going to the Fantasia and let people make their own minds up after the visit.Allowing teenagers/twenty somethings to stay in the hotel is a new thing this year but one which I would not encourage as a couple had three young lads next door to them who played very loud music into the early hours.This was addressed by the management but is it a warning sign of things to come ?.

Room Tip: Sea views are the best rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris G
FantasiaHotels, Sales Manager at Quadas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We would lke to thank you for your loyalty to Fantasia hotel and for you review.

We we glad to know you like decent room with its amenities, location and surroundings of the hotel. We took very seriously your comment about food and we will share it with our team.

We wish you all the best and look forward to welcoming you in Fantasia Hotel in the nearest future.

There are newer reviews for Quadas Hotel

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Was my first time in Turkey and quite a while since i last time went on a packaged tour from an agency. I wanted the relaxing vacation when you do nothing but spend time on the beach, read a lot and sleep as much as you can. At this sort if vacation very much depends on the hotel, cause you are on the facilities all the time. This hotel is small, which is very nice, has adults only concept, which was exactly what i was looking for. All in all it is clean, comfortable rooms of fair size and small clean bathrooms with everything you need. The beach is great, well kept and again very clean. I would agree with other reviews about missing soul, but I didn't expect it, so no complains here. Food is ok, fresh greens and a fair choice of fruit, always some good options from the grill for dinner
Here comes the BUT, the hotel states everywhere that all rooms have a sea view, which is only partially true, side rooms have only 1/3 of the view, i was staying in one of two rooms on the side on the 4th floor, which faces the road. It is a main road from Marmaris to Icmeler with heavy traffic 24/7. Living in Moscow, i would never thought i would complain about the traffic noise, but this was unbearable all night long without any stop. Even if you don't mind sleeping with the aircon on, it doesn't get any better when you close the window,as they are not soundproof. The noise is so annoying and instead of sleep with the sound of the sea, i struggled through six almost sleepless nights.
And then about the helpfully staff, after first night in the morning, i came down to reception requesting to change my room, as the hotel was obviously not full, lots of free spots on the beach, pool, restaurant. The person at the reception said he will contact the manager regarding my request, as the manager is not in at the moment. I said, i can wait or suggested that may be he can contact the manager right now. So he called the manager and the manager said there are no free rooms available for change, if something turns up he will let me know. But the reception staff was not even going to note my name or room number, when suggested that maybe he can leave a written note about my request, he just said he will remember me. I was passing by in the evening same day, still no manager and the guy at the reception didn't remember me or anything about my request, he just repeated the same thing, but this time he suggested that i can call in again tomorrow and say that something is wrong with room, e.g. lamp is broken or TV doesn't work, maybe than I'll be lucky. If not he will be happy to give me a private tour around Marmaris whenever I wanted. Obviously i didn't get there again and no one contacted me regarding my request.
As the hotel states rooms on the front and on the side are the same, so they apply same pricing policy.
The discomfort of the guests can be reimbursed by the lower price of those rooms or some extras from the hotel (apart from suggested private tour), in whatever way guests should be aware of what to expect. Otherwise it's not service, with so much travelers coming to Turkey every season the management knows they will make hotel full anyway, so they just don't care.
The disgraceful suggestion of a private tour doesn't need additional comment I guess, if I'm Russian doesn't mean i am ready for an adventure, but this is just bad reputation about travelers from Russia, so i can live with it.
Overall it didn't spoil my vacation, I
slept on the beach during the day, but some bad prejudices about soulless turkish packaged travel machine only unfortunately came true. Would recommend the area, but not this hotel

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank m_gurova

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review.

We were happy to hear that you liked adult concept of the hotel, comfortable room and bathroom with its amenities, grill, greens and fruits in the restaurant as well as beach area.
We share your comment about the room with our team and we will handle it with care.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

So first impressions of the Hotel Fantasia upon arrival is a modern, clean and initially deceptive 4 star hotel. However, like all things modern and shiny once you begin to use them the flaws begin to reveal themselves. So.....

Food and Service..extremely poor food and not even worthy of a very tenuous 3 star rating! A soulless restaurant/breakfast diner with sub standard food where the staff have yet to learn the art of customer service and greeting you with a welcome smile let alone what most accept in any foreign hotel, an understanding of the basic English language. They remain resolutely un attentive to the point you have to prompt them when food and drink run out and do not even redress the tables once vacated by the previous party! I ask you...who eats brussel sprouts or a pea and leek combo for breakfast??

Rooms..modern but come on..no coffee and tea making facilities (you would get that and a couple of packs of biscuits in a B&B) and a carpet that looks like it has not been cleaned since it was laid! As for room cleaning..3 days in and no clean sheets and I'm not sure what the maid does but I am sure my bed was made as well as I left it....oh and back to the carpet...not even hoovered!

Gym and Around the Hotel...if you advertise a gym..kit it out so people can use it...no air con, no water, not towels, no mats, no weights! The hotel is lovely but at night you need to be either a bat or a badger to navigate the very dark stairwells (they must be on an an energy saving drive)! Again the lack of soul is evident especially in the evenings....walk along the prom and almost every other hotel there is music and the sound of laughter...spending time in the Fantasia is like attending a wake! Wifi...free in any bar up and down the prom at the cost of a drink...but 35 Euros for a week and then only for 1 device....20 Euros for a key to a room safe.....I may as well leave my wallet on the reception desk and they can help themselves!

Would I return...yes to Turkey (this being our 3rd visit and a gorgeous honeymoon spent here) but not to this hotel..nor would I recommend it! Given the weather was not the usual sunshine for our stay in June....the stay at this hotel soured it further.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jay J

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Fantasia Hotel for your holiday and for your constructive review.

We took very seriously your comment and share it with our team, we will handle it with care to make the best use of your valuable remarks. We were very disappointed to read that our services did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Planning to return again this year, have stayed at the Fantasia for past four years in July, and seen a few changes, never disappointed with quality of food, there may not be as much choice as larger hotels, however this suits me as you don't see recycled dishes the next day. I am a fussy eater, but never went hungry. All staff very helpful, but professional. Beach kept spotless clean, fresh beach towels every day, no complaints about room, (last year did miss out on bath mat/towels a couple of times) soon replaced. Location makes for perfect relaxing day, and close enough to night life for evening if you wish. Management always there in background quietly overseeing the smooth running of hotel. Owner and her mum keeping a close eye on proceedings, keeping hotel standards very high. Strange remembering back to our first stay I was very nervous as reviews not great, however as this is our main holiday, and enjoy benefits of adult only accommodation, find this hotel tough to beat. - Perhaps may venture to new hotel next door!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary G
FantasiaHotels, Sales Manager at Quadas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your loyalty to Fantasia Hotel and for your positive review.

We were happy to hear that you had a fantastic stay in our hotel and you enjoyed hotel facilities and surrounding as well as quality of food and service. We highly appreciate your kind words about staff of our hotel. We put all our efforts to make your holiday comfortable and unforgettable.
We wish you and your partner all the best and hope that this year you will choose Fantasia Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

great location great hotel great service great food.it was really an unforgettable stay in fantasia hotel and i do advise everyone to go there.we did for honeymoon but i can go there every year for just relaxing vacation

Room Tip: sea view rooms are wonderful
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marianne M
FantasiaHotels, Sales Manager at Quadas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for you positive review.

We were happy to hear that you enjoyed staying in our hotel and your honeymoon was unforgettable. We appreciate your kind words about our service and food and we will be waiting for you in Fantasia Hotel in the nearest time.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I really enjoyed our stay here. It's in a great location with a perfect view across the bay. The room and bathroom were fine with a large terrace. We had one of the side rooms often discussed here and yes they are facing the new hotel but that's really not unusual - Most of the hotels down the beach have neighbors. Loved the peace at the pool in the adults only format. The inclusive dinner was the normal prison buffet style (as I imagine it) you always get in Turkey. Personally I would have preferred room only and eaten out but it wasn't available. Staff were generally helpful and friendly. I didn't really understand the complaints about not being able to bring in drinks. A big bottle of water was less than £1. However in that self service restaurant environment wine with dinner seemed incredibly expensive. One annoying thing to add. I'm absolutely certain that they substituted some wine on me. When I said that I didn't want wine because they were out of Sauvignon Blanc, they mysteriously found a bottle which turned up at the table opened. It was definitely something different and not so good. I questioned it and they got really defensive. Apart from that thoroughly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pelicans1

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share with us your valuable comments.

We were glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and liked our facilities such as room, swimming pool and beach with amazing view on the bay.

We wish you all the best and hope that you will choose Fantasia Hotel during your next trip to Turkey.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This was our 3rd time here in the last 4 years, because we love the small size, location, beach, staff and the cleanliness of the hotel ( and still do). The standard of food has never been brilliant but this year was terrible and we ended up eating out almost every night with other guests ( who all had the same issues) this was great and we enjoyed meeting everyone but was expensive when we had paid for half board, the hotel was mostly occupied by British guests and many had the same issues with the food. One day we were frog marched by staff to see the manager because we had a bag with a newspaper and 4 small bottles of drinking water in it from the local supermarket for the beach!!! The water was not allowed into the hotel. The bar had no atmosphere and was shut most nights on returning from eating out, entertainment was on Friday nights only but on the two Fridays we were there it did not occur with no reason given. The hotel has no "soul" but could be excellent with a little customer service, listening to what they say and respond!! it is that easy. There are no tea / coffee making facilities in the room but there was a mini bar. Very sadly, unless things change we will not return to the Fantasia but will return to Iscmeler.

Room Tip: Get a sea view fourth floor or above
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank glyn g
FantasiaHotels, Sales Manager at Quadas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your loyalty to Fantasia Hotel and for your constructive review.
Every feedback is very important for us and we handle it with care.

We were happy to hear that you liked hotel’s location, beach and personnel.

Fantasia Hotel De Luxe