“What a Great Hotel and a lovely Resort”

Munamar Beach Hotel
Ranked #52 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“What a Great Hotel and a lovely Resort”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Just back from a great week at the Munamar Beach Hotel. Considering it was the very beginning of the season, evrything was ready to go. The service from check-in at Reception, maid service every day - inclucing clean towels every day - and how pleasant and friendly all the staff were ( well, one exception at the pool bar) was very good.
The food was also very nice and always fresh. Good hotel entertainment too, which is quite unusual, and the entertainment much improved from previous holidays there.
Great location, nice pool area and a beautiful private beach - idyllic. Everything we wanted and expected from a good standard four star hotel. Only other comment - they could definitely use more staff in Camelo's bar in the evenings. But we'll be back!

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank HelenDocherty
, Manager at Munamar Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. we are happy to know that you have returned back home in happyness. we are waiting to see you here with us again.

Munamar Beach Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Munamar Beach Residence Hotel for 2 weeks 28Apr - 12May. Just returned from our holiday 3 days ago and I have to say, we really enjoyed it - will definitely recommend it! Munamar has 3 hotels - Munamar Resort, Munamar Residence and Munamar Hotel. The Residence building is really nice and newly refurbished. The Munamar Beach Hotel seems a lot bigger than a Residence, hence it is a lot quieter in the last one. You have a bar at the Residence but the rest of services such as main restaurant for b/fast, lunch and dinner, as well as the gym and hotel spa are located in the main building which is only 2 min away from the residence. Hotel has a private beach and a swimming pool at each of the properties. Staff is really nice and friendly, but unfortunately not everyone speaks English. The really nice touch is that this hotel is for adults only, they don't accept booking for children under 16yrs old which does make a huge difference to your holiday, not that I mind children though!!! There are lots of comments about rude Russians in this part of Turkey, but I have to say, being Russian myself and dating an English guy, neither of us got really annoyed by either of the nationalities. Although closer to the end of our holiday when more Russian people started to arrive in the hotel it became a bit crowded at the bar and the restaurant and I have experienced some rude behaviour from Russians (such as getting into the queues in front of everyone), I still have to say, they are the minority. Hotel and the Icmeler town is concentrated on British tourists mainly. There is not much entertainment in the hotel as you would find in most Turkish resorts, but that is because it is a "Spa Hotel". It meant to be a quiet and a relaxing place. But you still have English speaking reps entertaining you during the day and some bands in the evening (so I don't really understand why Russians are still coming to this place :)). Not crazy, but just enough if you came for a relaxing time. The food was absolutely fantastic, lots of meat, unfortunately no seafood at all, but meat was really good. They also have 2 a'la carte restaurants (Italian&Turkish), the food is not much different from the main buffet restaurant but it is still a nice experience. Alcoholic drinks are of the lowest quality as everywhere on the all inclusive board in Turkey, but everyone still keeps drinking it. In overall, it was a very nice holiday, really enjoyed it! Several advises - ask for an upgrade of your room with a sea view; spa services are a "rip off", so go in town for the Turkish bath and a massage, there is a Spa place just behind the Residence and with a bit of negotiation you can get yourself a super deal. Way cheaper than at Munamar hotel. But then you can still use Sauna and Turkish bath at the hotel free of charge if you don't use their massage services. So despite the rude Russians and the fact that Housekeeping sometimes forgets to hoover or to leave towels/soap bars in your room (but that can be easily solved by asking it at the Reception); everything else was superb!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank InnaSapo
Elif Operation m, Manager at Munamar Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take all guest feedback very seriously and value all opinons expressed. We would also like to thank you for bringing to our attention your point about our hardworking restaurant personnel who are doing their utmost to exceed our customer expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Munamar Beach Hotel.
Regards,
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Just got back from the Munamar Beach Hotel. We booked with Thomsons as part of their couples holiday and had no problem being taken to the correct hotel so i suggest booking with a reputable company instead of budget websites, thomsons do class it as a four star hotel which it probably was. We had no problems with check, although I do agree that the food was quite repetitive and not very warm. Breakfast for us brits consisted mainly of boiled eggs, fried eggs, omelettes and scrambled eggs so it was good if you like eggs, we only went to the restaurant once for lunch because it was mainly the same at dinner time and we didnt fancy eating the same thing twice in one day, the pool bar does burgers chips and salad from 11 untill 4 which were just okay. I did have a bit of an upset stomach for a couple of days but could'nt say if it was anything to do with the luke warm food or too much sun and alcohol. The rooms were very nice we had a sea view which had stunning views and well worth the £50 upgrade. We decided to lay by the pool most days which was gorgeous but although the beds were not the usual plastic style ones they were not very comfortable and maybe they should start providing mattresses for them. The staff worked tirelessly and were all very friendly, i find that if you are nice to someone they will be nice in return. I know it was only the start of the season but maybe Thomsons should think about having more bar staff I dont know that they would cope if the hotel was full to capacity as they did struggle a bit with the number of customers that were there. The evening entertainment was a bit boring for us, I understand that it is a couples hotel (no children) but that doesnt mean you want to hear love songs every night Thomsons should remember that customers are on holiday and possibly in a party mood. So you can see from my review that although we had no major problems or issues and we did have a decent holiday please bare in mind that Thomsons have just taken this hotel over they are having a few teething problems.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Lesley T
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We were a party of five in the Munamar Beach, a couples hotel. We had a great time. Had a fabulous time. The staff were brilliant, the food was fantastic. The rooms were of a generous proportion with maid service and clean towels every day. Entertainment was very good with live music every evening. Facing an Idyllic situation on a beautiful beach front, the hotel was all we could have wished for. Definite five star.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
22 Thank lizwood59
, Manager at Munamar Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. We would like to see you here with us again. It is very nice to hear that you had a brilliant time while your stay.

Munamar Beach Management
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We have just returned from a week’s holiday in Iclemer , Turkey , and chose the Munamar Beach and Residence as a holiday. Its in the Couples brochure and the Platinum, so we felt it would be OK. I now know the hotel doesn’t deserve to be in either one of the above as it fails on a number of issues.
There is 3 hotels, one is a allegedly 4/5 star on the beach, the Residence I now know is a 2 or 3 star which is purported to be 5 star, but it’s a very long way from that in service and quality………..then there a 2/3 star further back. The hotel descriptions and pictures are swapped between hotels, I spoke with other couples who had been booked into other hotel and received similar emails.
Companies seem to have been Thompson and lowcostbeds.com..
I was emailed as we had booked a 5 star holiday with no children…..but ended up booked into the residence, using the Munamar Beach facilities. They knew I was limited mobility when we booked it !
On arrival we were taken to the wrong part of the hotel, the Beach section and not the Residence where we had booked. We had to lug cases round to the other part of the hotel before we could check in, we later spoke to several couples who had been sent to the wrong place.
I am disabled and have a significant health condition, I walk with a stick due to a crumbling spine. We bought fully inclusive but it wasn’t really, just free drinks if locally provided. After 12 the drinks are expensive. You can see the sea from the promenade, our room overlooked next door hotel, and the pool suffered from shade after around 1300hrs, until dusk.
The natural cove is lovely, very pretty…………….
On arrival the rooms were small , small balcony, bathroom adequate with towels. I noted we weren’t provided with a duvet which I requested. I get cold easily so felt it was needed. I got the duvet on Thursday, two days before we left!!
To our disappointment on arrival we were told we couldn’t eat within the Munamar Residence as they didn’t provide food and there wasn’t a kitchen, not even for snacks. This wasn’t mentioned in the web pages. We had to go over every time we wanted to eat, what they don’t tell you on the glossy brochure & website is you have to walk next door to get all your meals....over a bridge with uneven damaged steps.....which took me about 10 mins each way................. its a long way three times a day when you have a stick, which they were fully aware of at time of booking !!!!
Food was the same every day, buffet style, salads, although the hot food was never ever hot apart from the soup. In my opinion with mainly chicken based dishes I am surprised we didn’t develop a stomach problem through food being kept at low temperatures. Grilled food was overcooked and dry, pasta the same……..
On the third day we were asked to contact “Guest Services,” (that’s a joke!) we didn’t rush down as we had to walk every day anyway (as above)
We got summoned again the next day, so called “Guest Services” was open limited times , so when we got there they stated rudely that since we had used an oil based sun tan preparation, ( Banana Boat, Tanning oil F4) they thought the sheets were stained, and stated they had washed them twice and it hadn’t come out. If I had damaged the TV or wrecked the bathroom they couldn’t have been ruder!
Therefore they said as it was our fault and demanded rudely the price of 70 T Lira….., I am sure they had done this with other people.
As someone who has worked in healthcare all my life as a medical professional, I was appalled at how we were spoken to, I was upset at the rudeness and disrespect of what they had said in a very public area. We were told we could keep the sheet and take it home, I said I didn’t want it , wouldn’t put it on my dog bed……………
I saw my husband had had enough and he threw the money on the desk, we walked out saying we would not return to Turkey, if we could have got a flight home I would have returned home I was so upset.
At several times through the holiday we got back into our room and felt someone had been smoking in there, I don’t smoke and have a keen sense of smell, also the room was left open often even though we had made sure we had locked it!!!
There wasn’t a rep, no one to complain to. I complained to resort staff at reception and was given the managers name to use. We just wanted a break in the sun to relax, but ended up more stressed out than when we went! The only thing I will miss is the sun which I could have got in any number of other destinations and had a far better time ...........It wasn’t 5 star in any way, more like 2 or 3...........I wont go back to Munamar Residence or their hotel group ever again. It looks nice on pictures but doesn’t show the rudeness of the people and the ghastly employee/ manager we had a run in with...it made me feel as a disabled person like a piece of crap. In our country disabled people are treated with respect , not like something that has been stood on…………. I will be taking this further…….!!

Incidentally, I got sun tan oil off my shorts and my towel with warm water and Persil (after a wait of 10 days) We were made to feel like criminals because their staff cannot launder properly.
We paid the price of 70 lira for using oil based sun tan cream. I have travelled extensively for the last 30 years throughout numerous 5* hotels and complexes in USA, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Far East, Australia, and never ever had a problem!!
Not what you need, I had planned a relaxing holiday to recuperate after having back surgery and treatments for my shattered spine.
I need another holiday to get over Turkey, next time I go anywhere I will check trip advisor .......

Room Tip: I would suggest you avoid and book a hotel who will deliver what is promised!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Yorkshiregirl123_12

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Newcastle
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This hotel was really good a good place to stay for all inclusive holidays, we were here for two weeks and didnt ever have any problems or get bored, the staff were the best staff you could find very kind and helpful they make conversation and give you good advice on where to go. I went 4 years ago and can still remember 3 of the staffs names, Tanner, Jimmy and romeo it shows how nice the staff are good holiday.

Room Tip: choose the ones on the ground floor as you dont need to take any lifts and it is right outside the p...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DaMadBro
, Manager at Munamar Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. we are happy to hear that you had good time durring your stay. we are hoping to see you with us again.
Staffs
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Only just realised I'd been remiss in reviewing this hotel - which is a shame because at the time I was determined to leap to their defense, guess I must've returned too relaxed to think about such things (which is a great reflection on the holiday)!

The hotel was great. The food was great. The staff were great. The cocktails were great. The beer was great. I too was concerned at what we would find after reading some reviews, but even with a critical eye, I can't see what other reviewers thought were terrible problems.

For the price, the hotel was amazing, well designed, built and maintained, cleaned everyday and nicely laid out. The food was lovely, we always had plenty to choose from, tasty fresh fish, endless delicious fruit, salad and other lovely things plus delicious freshly made omlettes and fried eggs for breakfast. There was always an offer of chips, nuggets, burgers and the like for those who didn't want unprocessed foods.

We thought the bar was perfectly adequate, Effes was the perfect compliment to a sunny day and their cocktails were varied and delicious. The bar area was also lovely, with a good view of the sea and an pleasant indoor area. We caught the entertainment on a few nights, particularly impressive were a couple who played guitar and sang in 4 languages! Some of the other nights (e.g. Mr Munamar Beach) were not to our liking, but we could see many guests really enjoying themselves!

The staff that we dealt with were exceptionally pleasant, throughout the hotel, we did not have a single complaint. Not one. I can't even think of a little one. Not even a surly good morning, nothing. We even had someone come to our room and fix something we hadn't noticed was broken! A big thanks to everyone there!

We had a spa morning which was superb too, would definitely recommend their services (note, to be paid in cash, not added to room bill), it was a real delight and contributed greatly to our relaxed time.

Brits were not the biggest contingent in the hotel and to be fair, the ones we saw were generally complaining, I don't know what about, one couple I over heard (ok, I eavesdropped) were complaining that "it's not a 5 star", which struck me as being odd as REAL 5 stars don't do full week AI for £500 so I'm not sure why they expected that. If you want to share a hotel with only other Brits and eat British food, then this probably is not the place for you (Is Britain the place?). There are a host of British pubs/restaurants around and about that would supply Pie&Chips for £5 & full english breakfasts if you can't survive a week without those things, we didn't try them so can't comment on quality but they were always full of happy looking people.

In general, the holiday was exactly what we needed (laid back, sunny, relaxing) and a good deal better than we expected from the reviews on here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
59 Thank Taz78Staffs
, Manager at Munamar Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Reviewer,

thank you very much for all your nice comments about our hotel. We are trying to give the best we can for all our guests. It is nice to hear that we are doing good and that we are hearing good comments from yourselves. this is very important for us. we are hoping to see you here with us again.