“2nd time even better”

Munamar Beach Hotel
Ranked #57 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our second time to the Munamar. What can i say? It was even better than before (we visited back in September 2012 last time).
All the rooms were modern & very clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful. There was always a good selection of food available so you could always find something to eat. The food in general was very nice.
Our holiday was for 2 weeks so we tried the Italian & Turkish a la carte restaurants out. The food in these were delicious. If you go make sure you try these especially the Turkish one.
We had the Italian meal to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. To our pleasent surprise the next day the restaurant manager & waitress delivered to our room a bottle of red wine & a big plate of fresh fruit to finish our celebration.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chidseyc

Reviewed 5 July 2014

From the moment we checked into The Munamar at 1.30am we knew we had chosen a great hotel, From the immaculate reception to the lovely bar, the staff were great, we made our way to our room and were not disappointed,, the bedroom is a large room, great bathroom with a fantastic rain shower, on waking in the morning, opened the curtains to the most amazing view, looking over the sea and marina, idyllic, The staff in the restaurant couldn't do enough for you, tables always cleaned, there was food for every bodies tastbuds. The beach was great, never had to worry about a sunbed, and every sunbed has a brolly, all free, no hard sell from the watersports guys, it's there if you want to book it, also showers on the beach as well and a changing hut, and music also,piped from the hotel,
the hotel has a lovely pool with a great bar and snack bar next to it but it gets really hot by the pool as there is no breeze. A dip in the pool is a welcome break, we went in June and it was 42c.
Evening entertainment was live music, starts a 9.30 every night and can get a little noisy for the people in the rooms above the bar.
There is a promenade along the beach with a choice of bars and restaurants, whatever takes your fancy, there is something for everyone, Ifyou a want really busy nightlife go into Marmaris where you will find lots of tacky bars and neon lights, it's a bit like Blackpool!
I can't really think of any bad points about the hotel, it's couples only which is great so no need to worry about crying babies or screaming toddlers at dinner time, Maybe if I was being really picky there are an awful lot of Russian\ Eastern Europeans using the hotel and they certainly don't like queuing, they just barge ahead of you in the restaurant and snap their fingers at the staff expecting service and they all smoke in the restaurant even at the non smoking tables.
All in all a great hotel and sad to come home, would certainly come back again,

Room Tip: Book a room with a sea view and ask for an upper floor away from the outside bar.
3  Thank TiHolder
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at the Munamar last August (2013) and were a bit dubious concidering the different opinions and reviews of other travellers.

The hotel is very modern and spotlessly clean, very big, and right next to the beach, and not far from the town, which was perfect for us. Check in was fast and effective, and we opted for an executive suite for an extra £100. Compared to some of the other rooms, it was money well spent!! The bed was massive, and the room had a sofa and plenty of wardrobe space which suited us perfectly!!

The food in the restaurant was very good, with lunch during the day, and poolside meals right through the afternoon. We tried the italian restaurant, and was well worth the visit!!

We also visited the on site spa. It was very relaxing, and had a calm and peaceful atmosphere. The ladies who did the therapies were very professional and had a large range of treatments for all sort of clients. My tai massage was one of the best I've ever had!! Came with a small charge, but well worth a visit!!

My only downfall about the hotel was the evening entertainment. The entertainer (I think his name was Jamie?) did the same act 3 night's in a row, and we took advantage of the all inclusive bar to deal with the same jokes and song's repeated every night.
The only other downfall we had was the all inclusive drinks getting stopped at 12pm, and on one paticular night, the manager stopped us being served alcohol, without any warning, and no valid reason. I know we might have had quite a few, but isn't that what all inclusive is all about? We paid for the right to eat and drink as much as we want?

Overall, it was a lovely hotel, most of the staff were friendly, and the hotel itself was spotless, but management should really consider the way they treat their paying customers.

Room Tip: Make sure you get down early for a sunbed, they can fill up quickly later on!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

After visiting and having a pleasant stay at the Munamar in 2012 I wrote my comments on this web site, at the time the only criticism that I could find was the poor entertainment and the poor bar service, that was 2012 and I wrote as I found.
We decided to go back to the Munamar from 19.06.14 to 30.06.14 prior to departing we obviously looked on trip advisor for comments and could not believe some of the comments I was reading. To me it seemed that the three Munamars ( Munamar Hotel, Munamar Beach Resort and Munamar Residence) were all coming under one heading of the Munamar. Speaking to the Operations Manager about this she was attempting to correct this as I spoke to her.
We arrived on the afternoon of the 19th checked in and in the room within 5 mins, the bellboy explained things about the room and fridge etc.
I cannot understand why some people are complaining about the meals, one person wrote that the only thing English at breakfast were fried eggs and beans, what was on offer was cereals, yoghurt, fruit, fried eggs, boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, omelettes of your choice of filling, beans, tomatoes, and as usual a full continental breakfast what do some of these people want. The thing to remember is that the hotel is not just catering for English.
Regarding lunch & dinner the selection is unbelievable if there is nothing that you like I wonder what some people eat when they at home. The waiters could not be more attentive, and ERGUN could not be more helpful. The ITALIAN A LA CARTE was a delight and the husband and wife team worked very well together, also the F & B Manager very pleasant.
Regarding my comments from 2012 regarding the entertainment and bar these have been greatly improved, the bar staff are excellent special thanks to MEHMET and the entertainment although not five star is a big improvement.
If anyone had a problem the only person to see is ELIF YENTUR the Operations Manager you would soon find that any problem, would be resolved as soon as possible. All in all we were a party of four and we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1  Thank merc220
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Third time now me and my husband have been to this hotel and this May the hotel was as good as ever, meeting up with friends from previous years and making some really nice new ones. Rooms are very clean and comfortable and our maid Aysa was excellent, Lots of choice in the open buffet for breakfast lunch and dinner and would defy anyone to have a real reason to complain. The pool is clean and a decent size with a great little bar to use while sunbathing, Carmelos bar has really friendly bar staff (Ghorkan, Muhammet etc) who are always ready to serve.
My husband always has several Turkish shaves in the onsite hairdressers and for us ladies having your hair done by Taner is a must ( he is the only person I'll let cut and blow dry my hair other than my own hairdresser of 22 years at home}. Me and Paul would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Icmeler.

Room Tip: I think pool facing rooms are best, levels 1-3
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nannycats
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I did a cruise and stay one week on Thomson Celebration Ancient Wonders then a week in the Munamar in Icmeler.The first week on the ship was excellent can't give it enough praise.Now I come to the Munamar well it was brilliant ,the beach is on the door step great air- conditioning a good variety of food and the best entertainment we have had in Turkey will go back next year,

Room Tip: Ask for sea view lovely to look out on the bay and nice and sunny on a morning
1  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was our second visit to Munamar and although we enjoyed our first time things had improved.
There was more bar staff on at the Carmelos bar, ( special hellos to Muhammet, Serfa and Ghorkan) , entertainment was good, yes odd nights better than others but that's ok .Food was good, and if I didn't find something I liked that was down to my fussiness! though I did miss the fresh fruit in a morning that was there last year!
(My only critique is too many tables for 4 in the restaurant, its mainly couples so when busy you struggled for a seat if you didn't want to share a table. )
Hotel room was cleaned spotlessly every day ( thank you Fatima) .
We had the Turkish massage on arrival which is fantastic and I also had a few Thai massages - no knots in my shoulders now!
had my hair done at hotels hair salon by Taner - lovely!!

We wandered into town , hubby had turkish shave at Sunays - best ever - no hassle just fun and wed been recommended a lovely Turkish restaurant called KEREM on the street where the canal is ( by a big busy one called Majestic) THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND- its a beautiful wooden turkish house , with fantastic ambience, wonderful service and staff and fabulous food - def worth a visit
We went with Thompsons and id booked the Turtle watch trip in advance, that was my highlight have to say -we didn't want the mud baths so this is just what it says ( even though my rep kept insisting I was wrong! even on my return!)
so we went on the river and then to turtle beach and the turtle hospital and saw the fantastic job volunteers for Dekamer at the sea turtle rescue do. Seeing how they tried to help heal the turtles wounds was amazing.. and heart rending.
Even though the turtles are protected and endangered it does not get any funding from the Turkish government so rely on donations ( feel free to email Turkish embassy - i have!)
If you have animal welfare at heart don't miss a visit... BUT make sure you go with a reputable company ( Thompsons insist boats they use have propeller guards on so if you get one on the streets ask them as many injuries are caused to the turtles by unguarded ones) also some boats will throw bread and chicken to entice the turtles but this makes them really ill so again ask them if they do and if they say yes find another boat trip .
so in a nutshell - we loved our holiday from start to finish and it ticks all our boxes and weve been too many places and countries ...
so yes we will be back in 2015