“Had an amazing holiday, can't wait to return.”

Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Had an amazing holiday, can't wait to return.”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Just got back from a week at the Marmaris Palace. This was my first trip to Turkey and I would recommend it to anyone. I stayed here with my 8 year old son and felt really comfortable and safe. I was a little worried as this was my first holiday as a lone parent, but from the moment we arrived we were given the best of everything the hotel had to offer. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they made sure my son and I were having a good time. The animation staff were particularly great, thanks to Fade and Engin, my son had a fantastic time joining in with all the activities. The resort and staff are so good with the children, I felt completely at ease that he was off having fun. The room was lovely with an amazing view and the food outstanding for an all I exclusive resort. My son enjoyed it so much he said he preferred it to our Florida holiday last September and I managed to read a whole book while sitting by the pool. Perfect!! Already booked again for this September.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor with an amazing g view so I would say 3rd and 4th floors are probably best as...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle P
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable reviews. We are honored to welcome you again in our hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Halkidiki Region, Greece
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We travelled to Marmaris for the weekend, arriving on Friday night at 8pm. On our arrival we were greater by very friendly reception staff. Our room was on the third floor and we faced out to the ocean. The views were amazing. The room was nice, standard clean bathroom.
The hotel offers full board which includes everything from breakfast lunch and dinner, all the non alcoholic drinks and standard alcoholic drinks between 10am and midnight. All I can say is that the food was amazing. They have plenty of everything, the variety at all meals was amazing, it's fresh and there is something for everyone's taste.
The staff are so attentive, nothing was to difficult. I was very impressed by this accommodation. I think this accommodation would be fantastic for families with children and while we were there it was very busy with English families.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room from the third floor or above facing the ocean as the views are amazing
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Leeanne G
dorset
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We booked this week away last minute as we just wanted a quick week away in the sun, I have to say it was a bargin

Room
We had a late flight so we didn't check in until the early hours of sunday morning check in took less than 5 mins then off to our room, which was very spacious clean with an amazing view of the bay from our balcony , the wet room had got one of the best showers I have ever had , the room was cleaned daily with fresh linen and towels dail,y the cleaning staff were always friendly
only down side to the room was the sound proofing was very poor so you could hear next door quite clearly.

Restaurant

With all inclusive I have found the food sometimes a bit boring , not so here loads of choice well cooked and the restaurant was spotless, the local Fish was superb and the waiters couldn't do enough for us ,

Facilities

As we were there in the second week of the season some things where not up and running
two of the pools were not open until our last day but that didn't bother us as we spent most days at the beach , which was nice and clean with ample sunbeds the water was a bit on the chilly side but that was no ones fault, we hired bikes off the old guy on the beach £6 for two for the afternoon (bargin) this hotel has had a big refurb and it shows every thing smells clean and looks great , they are still getting things ready for the season so there is work going on but it didn't bother us at all,

Overall

While we had a great time at the palace I wouldn't go there for free in july / August as it is a massive complex with over 900 rooms , the week we were there it was only about a quarter full so it was nice and quiet but, there where quite a few brits who shall we say couldn't handle the heat and the drink and got very noisy and aggressive so if you multiply that by about ten in july no not for me , we would go back to this hotel only in April or late September,

Room Tip: 211 to 222 are a good choice nice and Quite
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 964chris
Aylesbury
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this hol in feb to arrive 3rd -10th April, got a call from Thomas cook the day before flight to say this hotel was not ready for guests so they put us up in the hotel next door mares for 1 night. We were a little concerned of then staying in a hotel that was not ready so we took a walk to hotel and was still under massive construction alarm bells were ringing so we stayed at the mares for the duration of our holiday. The ice rink which is advertised in the brochure was a joke when we walked past was basically a dumping ground for sunbeds and parasols. I can't actually rate this hotel as we decided not to stay but overall first impressions not good, they had from nov-mar to get this hotel in order and running ready for April.

• Stayed April 2014
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing us for your holiday. In order to give you the best service at our hotel, we have renewed most of the parts of our hotel. The date when you came, we just finished all preparations except for one or two petty things. You can be sure that we will try a lot to provide you the best holiday in your next visit to our hotel.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Where to start?!
This holiday was amazing, we arrived late tea time early evening and were welcomed by some very friendly staff and a bar (a must after the travelling with children haha) we got escorted to our room by a golf buggy and all are bags were carried for us, the perfect start to a relaxing holiday.

We found the breakfast amazing with plenty to choose from and always fresh and lots of it. good hours for breakfast also. was easy to find sunbeds in both areas in and out of the shade.

As we were there as a party of nine guests we had children with us aged, 13, 9, 7, & 3 and there was always plenty for then to do. Kids club was fantastic and the chocolate party is a must (make sure you pack your kids some old clothes for this that you can just bin afterwards ..... one a week its on) all the kids loved it, they ate chocolate, melted the chocolate, decorated things with it and WORE it haha but they loved it, I wish I could have joined in.

The staff were amazing, my mum had an accident and they bend over backwards to attend to her.
SPEEDY ...... speedy is the nickname of the of the waiter (Memet) and I truly thank him, he made our holiday a little more special!! We all miss him and talk about him daily (I still chat with him on facebook) he is a TOP BLOKE and anyone that goes will agree. My kids love him as do we. Always a smile and a joke for everyone! I truly cant express how lovely speedy is.... you could tell the days he wasn't working...he would even come in to have a drink with the guests!!

The bar staff are amazing, one that stood out in my mind was 'CAN' he was great, entertained my son for hours getting him to help with pouring kids drinks for other guests...my son loved this. My mum was trying to throw me in the pool one day and after a fun tug of war at the edge of the pool I went in....Can cane along and threw my mum in for me hahaha. It's the little things like that that make a big difference.

The location was really good as you were just a short trip from either Icmeler or Marmaris and you can walk to either along the prom which is a lovely walk with plenty do see and do along the way.
I was amazed at the amount there is to do there, never a dull moment if that's what you like and complete peace and relaxation if that's what you are looking, just laze by the adults relax pool.

Within the hotel you have a shop, spa (that do the most amazing treatments), hairdressers (fantastic for the little girls wanting their hair braided), tattoo artist (my mum and sister had a tattoo done there) there was also an onsight hotel photgrapher....another amazing bloke (with permission of coyrse) he took pics of my kids throughout our holiday n had a photoshoot along the prom one evening and the pictures are amazing (I don't want to upload one to here with them having my children in...but trust me they are fantasic and we gave them to family who all now have them on their walls)

The rooms are clean and tidy at all times and just what you need.

We go away once a year as a family and always go somewhere different but we are going back to this hotel in September 2014 and I can't wait as I know my holiday will be fantastic n I get to see SPEEDY & CAN!!!!!

I have loads more things to say but no doubt you'll be sick of reading if I carry on so all I will say is............

stop thinking about it and get booked up you won't regret it xx

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Nicola M
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Been coming to this hotel for the last 6 years and we love it !! Staff service food is all top class and the staff at hotel cannot do enough for you nothing is any trouble ! Speedy has become like one of our family over the years !

• Stayed October 2013
15 Thank Shaz111172
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
#38 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!