We had a fantastic all inclusive family holiday with our two Daughters ages 24 & 27 and our 14yr old Son in for a week over Easter. This hotel offers very good value, great choice, quality food & very good on site facilities,
The hotel is lovely and very clean with room service throughout the day and early evening, nothing is too much trouble, all the staff are professional and welcoming and treat every guest as royalty. The hotel facilities are excellent and very clean, lovely good sized rooms and bathrooms with hair dryers, a large shower enclosure, towels and toiletries and every room has a safe, a fridge stocked with water & soda water and a fantastic balcony & view of the Mediterranean Sea & the mountains. We had rooms 229 & 230 the views of the coast & the sea were excellent and not impaired in any way. It is on the hillside and has a selection of pools and facilities including water slides, all on different levels & surrounded by pine trees so that most were not overlooked, excepting the top pool next to the main hotel building. The complex is enclosed and at the coast end is a public promenade, and the hotels private man made beach area.
Hotel facilities: has a beautiful free, newly refurbished gym & spa area (indoor heated pool, steam room & sauna), for a fee (I paid £40) you can also have a Turkish bath (lovely) Thai massage & facial, the Thai massage is not for the faint hearted, I had bruises after it! There is also a privately run hairdressers & nail salon, I can highly recommend the male hairdresser, not the other. During a very bad so called excuse for a manicure & pedicure I was left with smudged polish & cut & bleeding cuticles, which now a week later, are still tender & have scabs on.
It has a very good kids club & entertainment team. There is an al la carte restaurant on site, but as the Turkish holiday season does not start until May 1st this was not open in April. There are some on site shops for gifts, sweets, essentials & leather clothing. It has motor boats to hire for aprox £70 per hr, a fast & exhilarating max 4 person inflatable water ride (towed by a motor boat) for £10 per person & a flying 4 person inflatable for £15 per person, parasending & other water sports facilities including diving. The pedalows and kayaks are free to use by hotel guests. The coastline is beautiful & there is a stunning promenade walk, that goes by the hotel for a gentle stroll from the hotel to Icmelar (20 mins) or to Marmaris (45 mins). You can also hire bicycles at the hotel for £2 per hr. There is a little bus that stops outside the hotel it costs 3 Lira each person to Marmaris, we paid 20 Lira for the 5 of us in a taxi outside the hotel to Marmaris.
We went on boat trip from the hotel around the islands from 10.30am - 5pm with stop offs for sightseeing, swimming & lunch (provided free) the cost: £9 adults £4.50 children. Drinks, ice creams & other refreshments incurred an extra cost but they were reasonably priced.
We met lots of lovely guests & staff. All the staff were friendly & very helpful and worked extremely hard looking after all the guests, not all the staff spoke English but there was always an English speaking member of staff nearby to interpret. The Turkish people are friendly & helpful but very respectful of your privacy & personal space. I say this because this is the first holiday that I felt I could totally relax wherever I was. (There are no time share people or beggars & you can walk down the high street without being bothered by people trying to get you to go in their restaurant or shop). I highly recommend Turkey, it is steeped in history, historical sites and every view is one for the photo album. Go and soak up the sea, history and the sun, I would love to stay at the Marmaris Palace again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST HOLIDAY, FEELING GOOD. What do you expect from a good holiday? Let us guess: To balance your mind and body, both feeling and looking good. In Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace it is our primary mission to make these happen. When you step into the untouched nature, spread all through with pine scent, of Marmaris Icmeler, you will realize that you are full of life energy. We are waiting for you to relieve the tiredness you feel for a long time within a comfortable world. ACCOMODATION ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace Hotel Icmeler
- Grand Yazici Hotel Marmaris Palace
- Grand Yazici Icmeler
- Marmaris Palace