“Great hotel”

Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

we have just got back from 2 weeks all inc at this wonderful hotel. we traveled with our 3 children ages 6, 9 and 12. we all loved the hotel and its facilities and can not fault the staff and service received. hotel was spotless and food fantastic!
on arrival i spoke to guest relations about a cake being made for daughter and they had one made in 3 hours ready for us when we ate dinner and all the staff sang happy birthday to her so it was a great first evening to our holiday.
we were in room 427 and fantastic views over the bay.
the kids club staff were great with our youngest daughter and she was very upset to leave them on Monday. big shout out to Engin and Fade and the other entertainment staff for keeping my other 2 children and husband entertained with various activities.
Faultless holiday and we have already booked to come back in October.
The Waltons look forward to returning to the Marmaris palace and meeting such great people again.

6 Thank thewaltonsfamily
grandyazici, General Manager at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable reviews. We are honored to welcome you again in our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our family stayed here for a two week all inclusive Easter break, we have two children ages 6 and 3.
The weather at this time of year was ok, could have wished for a little more sun, but it wasn't bad at all really.
The staff in this hotel for us is what made our holiday! They really can't do enough for you. The restaurant staff wait on you for drinks and are efficient in tidying away used plates. Our favourite restaurant member was Sihmus. He was so friendly and helpful he deserves some credit!
The bar staff are fun and friendly, one in particular there is 'speedy'. Anyone who has been here will know him. He's mad, and so much fun.
The kids club. Now at first I was a little reluctant to send my children here as have heard so many horror stories about kids abroad as I'm sure everyone has, but after the first week, I gave in and let them go. I regret not sending them the first week!!! My son (3yrs) Loved it, he asked to go everyday. They do indoor and outdoor activities with them and they are so safe and secure. If my son ever was upset or hurt at all they would bring him straight back to me, even just for a kiss and he would go back! So I always knew if he needed me they would bring him. Sandro is the main kids club guy and my son Luke absolutely adored him, he is friendly, caring and he totally loves the kids, u can see how much he loves his job. He also runs to kids mini disco in the evenings which all the kids enjoy! Every worry I ever had about leaving my kids at club disappeared because of this man! Thank you!

The rooms are cleaned every day. All the toilets in this hotel are always spotlessly clean, the food areas are clean, the pool areas are always being checked and cleaned, it really is perfect. The food is spot on! All inclusives are usually limited but there was so much choice even out of main season! The kids have their own mini buffet and tables to use too, it's great!

The hotel is huge there is so much to see and do, you could spend two weeks here on site and not be bored.

My only down side to this hotel is that Ice cream is only available at lunch time otherwise you have to pay for it, and the alcoholic drinks at the bar are very limited. But if that's all I have to grumble about I two weeks i would say it's pretty good!!!

The spa on site is beautiful. We had the Turkish bath and massage and my daughter the chocolate peel! Loved every minute, staff again were totally wonderful.

The on site photographer is a must!!! Sarp took some beautiful photographs of our family and such a great price!!!

I have been back 3 days and I am already looking and hoping to book again this year! I never understood why people would go back to the same place time and time again when there is a whole world to see, but since coming to this hotel I can see why. I will be back, great hotel, and Turkey is truly a beautiful country.

Melissa (27 from Hampshire)

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lissyloops
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've never been on an All Inclusive holiday before, but would highly recommend this one. I travelled with my 9 year old daughter, and spent a week at the Marmaris Palace. We just returned home yesterday and we want to go back! The hotel is spotless, rooms are cleaned daily and restaurants cleaned constantly. The waiters and other staff are attentive, friendly and make you feel very welcome. The food is fantastic and caters for all tastes. You are provided with breakfast (cooked, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, pancakes, breads or facilities to make toasted sandwiches), drinks throughout the day, Gozleme (Turkish pancakes with different fillings), lunch (diet, salad and hot buffets with fruit or desserts), afternoon snacks (freshly made pizzas, sandwiches, pasta, cheeseburgers and hotdogs), afternoon cookies, dinner (hot and cold buffets, salads) and 'midnight soup'). My daughter liked the childrens buffets (chicken nuggets, pizza, salads and vegetables), free ice cream and afternoon snacks. I am a vegan, and I had absolutely no trouble finding plentiful, delicious and healthy food.

The kids club is free and friendly, catering for children from 4 to 12 years. There are two sessions, one from 10 to 12.30 and the other from 2.30 to 5.30. The staff are lovely, really good with children, and they hold a 'mini disco' in the evenings. There is a playground, main pool and pools with slides for the kids, and a 'relax pool' for the adults. We didn't explore some of the other facilities, partly because we were happy with the pools and kids club, and partly because we didn't realise how much was included. We would have liked to do the kayaking or canoeing.

The hotel spa was fantastic. My daughter had a chocolate massage, and I had a Turkish foam massage including a body scrub) with face mask and Thai massage. They feel amazing, and the spa itself is beautiful. I used the gym a couple of times- there are weights machines, treadmills, step machines and exercise bikes. Some of them were a little dated, but perfectly serviceable.

We walked along the beach to Icemelar and Marmaris to visit the markets, taking the little Dolmus minibuses on the way back. These are little buses that cost 2 or 3 TL for adults. We also took the Dalyan departure excursion on the last day, which involved a coach trip to Dalyan, a short river cruise, then a mud bath, lunch, another cruise past the rock-hewn Lycean tombs to see sea turtles at Turtle beach, and then a trip back to a basic hotel in Dalyan (with a lovely buffet dinner) to await transfer to the airport. Unfortunately it was a little cold on the day we went, with some unseasonal rain, but the mud baths were lovely, and you have time to look around Dalyan in the afternoon/ evening. My daughter enjoyed the mud baths but found this trip to be quite long and tiring. All the adults loved it.

Altogether a lovely holiday.

7 Thank LouB137
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Manchester
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a fantastic all inclusive family holiday with our two Daughters ages 24 & 27 and our 14yr old Son in for a week over Easter. This hotel offers very good value, great choice, quality food & very good on site facilities,

The hotel is lovely and very clean with room service throughout the day and early evening, nothing is too much trouble, all the staff are professional and welcoming and treat every guest as royalty. The hotel facilities are excellent and very clean, lovely good sized rooms and bathrooms with hair dryers, a large shower enclosure, towels and toiletries and every room has a safe, a fridge stocked with water & soda water and a fantastic balcony & view of the Mediterranean Sea & the mountains. We had rooms 229 & 230 the views of the coast & the sea were excellent and not impaired in any way. It is on the hillside and has a selection of pools and facilities including water slides, all on different levels & surrounded by pine trees so that most were not overlooked, excepting the top pool next to the main hotel building. The complex is enclosed and at the coast end is a public promenade, and the hotels private man made beach area.

Hotel facilities: has a beautiful free, newly refurbished gym & spa area (indoor heated pool, steam room & sauna), for a fee (I paid £40) you can also have a Turkish bath (lovely) Thai massage & facial, the Thai massage is not for the faint hearted, I had bruises after it! There is also a privately run hairdressers & nail salon, I can highly recommend the male hairdresser, not the other. During a very bad so called excuse for a manicure & pedicure I was left with smudged polish & cut & bleeding cuticles, which now a week later, are still tender & have scabs on.

It has a very good kids club & entertainment team. There is an al la carte restaurant on site, but as the Turkish holiday season does not start until May 1st this was not open in April. There are some on site shops for gifts, sweets, essentials & leather clothing. It has motor boats to hire for aprox £70 per hr, a fast & exhilarating max 4 person inflatable water ride (towed by a motor boat) for £10 per person & a flying 4 person inflatable for £15 per person, parasending & other water sports facilities including diving. The pedalows and kayaks are free to use by hotel guests. The coastline is beautiful & there is a stunning promenade walk, that goes by the hotel for a gentle stroll from the hotel to Icmelar (20 mins) or to Marmaris (45 mins). You can also hire bicycles at the hotel for £2 per hr. There is a little bus that stops outside the hotel it costs 3 Lira each person to Marmaris, we paid 20 Lira for the 5 of us in a taxi outside the hotel to Marmaris.

We went on boat trip from the hotel around the islands from 10.30am - 5pm with stop offs for sightseeing, swimming & lunch (provided free) the cost: £9 adults £4.50 children. Drinks, ice creams & other refreshments incurred an extra cost but they were reasonably priced.

We met lots of lovely guests & staff. All the staff were friendly & very helpful and worked extremely hard looking after all the guests, not all the staff spoke English but there was always an English speaking member of staff nearby to interpret. The Turkish people are friendly & helpful but very respectful of your privacy & personal space. I say this because this is the first holiday that I felt I could totally relax wherever I was. (There are no time share people or beggars & you can walk down the high street without being bothered by people trying to get you to go in their restaurant or shop). I highly recommend Turkey, it is steeped in history, historical sites and every view is one for the photo album. Go and soak up the sea, history and the sun, I would love to stay at the Marmaris Palace again.

Room Tip: Avoid the nail salon!
4 Thank Dawncouk
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last october and have booked for two weeks in june.hotel location fantastic. Staff really made our break. Food restaurant really good for all inclusive. Drinks and bar staff a real treat cant wait to get back. Hotel spotless. Cleaners around all day. Maid service in room an absolute treat, linen and towels changed daily. Flowers and sculptures a dream. Looking forward to our return!!!! Best holiday thanks to staff and girls from cardiff. Karen and david you are gems

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen G
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I spent 10 days here with my partner & our daughter. The hotel is spotlessly clean, food is great (and I am a fussy eater) This hotel is a must when you visit Turkey. To top it all off they have the best waiter in the world called Speedy. He totally made our holiday. He had everyone join together, laugh and made everyone feel relaxed while running about getting you everything you need. He really is the icing on the cake to this hotel. 100% the best hotel I have stayed in and I have traveled all over.

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank AmandaCerysGareth
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my family have just returned home today from marmaris palace and already want to go back !!!! From Ozzy the hotel manager - to speedy the barman - and Adam the Thomas cook rep were all top class and couldn't do enough for us !!! The hotel / drinks / staff / food even the weather was great - our best family holiday to date by a mile !!!! My daughter spent her 16th birthday here and came in to a personal letter and cakes from the manager, Ozzy. Whilst my youngest Erin now has a uncle speedy You will love it here....re-booking for next year !!
Thankyou to everyone at Marmaris palace ⭐️⭐️☀️☀️
Mark, Lynette, Amy and Erin x

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Mark F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
#19 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!