“Amazing hotel and staff”

Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“Amazing hotel and staff”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Arrived at hotel around 4.30pm on a Saturday, was checked in and in room by 4.45, couldn't believe the efficiency and speed of reception staff especially Bora and I'm happy to say our stay at marmaris palace continued in this impressive vein for the rest of the holiday.
The food in the resteraunt was excellent, loads of choice and all tasted amazing, every meal was a delight and unlike most hotels the menu wasn't repeated on a weekly basis but had different food for the full 2 weeks of our stay.
The bar staff and waiters around the bar where extremely attentive, to the point of coming around the sun beds and bringing water and asking if you wanted a drink at least once an hour, we tipped one waiter and he couldn't do enough for us when around the pool, we tried to tip him again and he refused! I nearly fell off the sunbed!! Got to give a mention to the 11yr old waiter speedy, very entertaining without becoming annoying.
The animation staff where also excellent and entertained our kids (12 & 14yrs old) throughout the day and of an evening, all where friendly without being false and always had time for both adults and children.
If you want some photographs taken go and see Sarp, took some amazing pictures of the family, as good if not better as any professional photographs we had done at home,and cost a fraction of the price, also a great friendly guy that always had a smile and was happy to sit and chat even after we had got the photos! A good genuine guy.
The Buddha spa, though I never used it, was used by my wife for an Indian massage and face mask, kids had a face mask too, all said it was a fantastic experience and frizeze from the spa was also very genuine and friendly.
The rooms where well furnished, cleaned daily and towels changed, had an amazing power shower and our room had a small balcony with a great view of the sea and mountains on the other side of the bay.
All in all I can honestly say the food and the service I received in this hotel where some if not the best I have experienced anywhere in the world. Well done to all the staff and management and a special mention to Ozzie the guest relations manager and his team, thank you for a fantastic an unforgettable Holliday, would and have recommended the marmaris palace to anyone.

Room Tip: The main hotel is easiest and the higher the floor the better the view.
9 Thank Andy M
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you very much for your valuable reviews. We are honored to welcome you again in our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here from 11-26 April 2014 on all inclusive in a double room in the main hotel. The room was lovely but lacked a view. Stocked minibar on arrival, cleaned daily and plenty of storage space. Bathroom towels changed daily and the power shower is fab. Beds large and comfortable. Satellite tv but very limited English channels.
Food was great. Always hot and being frequently replenished. Plenty of variety at lunch and dinner time. Breakfast repetitive however having fresh pancakes every morning beats the usual Weetabix! Always fresh fruit and salad available, freshly baked breads and great selection of deserts. There are chilled water coolers throughout the resort that you can take at your own leisure. Cocktails were great; each barman had his own signature drink.
All staff are brilliant, from reception to waiters, all give the best service and make you feel welcome. A big thanks goes to customer relations staff who arranged a lovely table at evening meal and birthday cake for my fiancés birthday. And Speedy.... We love you!!
The location is great. Its right on its own private beach away from the hustle and bustle of Marmaris. Only a 20 minute walk (approx) along the front to both Marmaris and Icmeler.
Pool area great, lots of sunloungers and you can also get free towels to use with the pool card you pick up from reception. There is a basics shop, spa, hairdressers, clothes shop, souvenir shop, jewellers and leather shop. All brilliant value. I got both a French manicure and pedicure for only £20.
Although going in April is quieter, which we like, there was still a lot of work being done to the hotel which was off putting. The a la carte restaurants, mini golf, tree climbing and ice skating were still closed. The lobby area was being rearranged and there was some drilling in the lower floors. Other than that there is nothing I can fault. I don't understand the negative reviews on here unless we are just easily pleased! Thanks for taking the time to read my review and please get in touch if you have any questions :)

Room Tip: Request a pool view room to watch the sunrise over the sea.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Christine M
grandyazici, General Manager at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
bury
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a seven day 'jolly' with just me and my better half, first one in 25 years on our own and loved it. Its our second time here so it must be ok for us to return 6 years later.

Staff - excellent in particular Speedy - you have to see the guy in action to believe him he is so funny and on the go, having said that all the staff are spot on.

Hotel cleanliness -There's always someone cleaning whether it's floors or tables
Location - A 30 mins walk to Icmela and a good hour to Marmaris centre 20 mins to the outskirts.
Scenery - Absolutely gorgeous, if you can get a room with a sea view get it, it really is worth the extra.

Not so goods -
If I had to say something it would be the food, but I really am nit picking, it seems to be much of a muchness. If you like fish you will be ok although there are other options.

All in all, I would have no trouble recommending it and will more than likely go back in a few years.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bobfromburt
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

we have just got back from 2 weeks all inc at this wonderful hotel. we traveled with our 3 children ages 6, 9 and 12. we all loved the hotel and its facilities and can not fault the staff and service received. hotel was spotless and food fantastic!
on arrival i spoke to guest relations about a cake being made for daughter and they had one made in 3 hours ready for us when we ate dinner and all the staff sang happy birthday to her so it was a great first evening to our holiday.
we were in room 427 and fantastic views over the bay.
the kids club staff were great with our youngest daughter and she was very upset to leave them on Monday. big shout out to Engin and Fade and the other entertainment staff for keeping my other 2 children and husband entertained with various activities.
Faultless holiday and we have already booked to come back in October.
The Waltons look forward to returning to the Marmaris palace and meeting such great people again.

6 Thank thewaltonsfamily
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our family stayed here for a two week all inclusive Easter break, we have two children ages 6 and 3.
The weather at this time of year was ok, could have wished for a little more sun, but it wasn't bad at all really.
The staff in this hotel for us is what made our holiday! They really can't do enough for you. The restaurant staff wait on you for drinks and are efficient in tidying away used plates. Our favourite restaurant member was Sihmus. He was so friendly and helpful he deserves some credit!
The bar staff are fun and friendly, one in particular there is 'speedy'. Anyone who has been here will know him. He's mad, and so much fun.
The kids club. Now at first I was a little reluctant to send my children here as have heard so many horror stories about kids abroad as I'm sure everyone has, but after the first week, I gave in and let them go. I regret not sending them the first week!!! My son (3yrs) Loved it, he asked to go everyday. They do indoor and outdoor activities with them and they are so safe and secure. If my son ever was upset or hurt at all they would bring him straight back to me, even just for a kiss and he would go back! So I always knew if he needed me they would bring him. Sandro is the main kids club guy and my son Luke absolutely adored him, he is friendly, caring and he totally loves the kids, u can see how much he loves his job. He also runs to kids mini disco in the evenings which all the kids enjoy! Every worry I ever had about leaving my kids at club disappeared because of this man! Thank you!

The rooms are cleaned every day. All the toilets in this hotel are always spotlessly clean, the food areas are clean, the pool areas are always being checked and cleaned, it really is perfect. The food is spot on! All inclusives are usually limited but there was so much choice even out of main season! The kids have their own mini buffet and tables to use too, it's great!

The hotel is huge there is so much to see and do, you could spend two weeks here on site and not be bored.

My only down side to this hotel is that Ice cream is only available at lunch time otherwise you have to pay for it, and the alcoholic drinks at the bar are very limited. But if that's all I have to grumble about I two weeks i would say it's pretty good!!!

The spa on site is beautiful. We had the Turkish bath and massage and my daughter the chocolate peel! Loved every minute, staff again were totally wonderful.

The on site photographer is a must!!! Sarp took some beautiful photographs of our family and such a great price!!!

I have been back 3 days and I am already looking and hoping to book again this year! I never understood why people would go back to the same place time and time again when there is a whole world to see, but since coming to this hotel I can see why. I will be back, great hotel, and Turkey is truly a beautiful country.

Melissa (27 from Hampshire)

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Lissyloops
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I've never been on an All Inclusive holiday before, but would highly recommend this one. I travelled with my 9 year old daughter, and spent a week at the Marmaris Palace. We just returned home yesterday and we want to go back! The hotel is spotless, rooms are cleaned daily and restaurants cleaned constantly. The waiters and other staff are attentive, friendly and make you feel very welcome. The food is fantastic and caters for all tastes. You are provided with breakfast (cooked, cereals, fruit, yoghurts, pancakes, breads or facilities to make toasted sandwiches), drinks throughout the day, Gozleme (Turkish pancakes with different fillings), lunch (diet, salad and hot buffets with fruit or desserts), afternoon snacks (freshly made pizzas, sandwiches, pasta, cheeseburgers and hotdogs), afternoon cookies, dinner (hot and cold buffets, salads) and 'midnight soup'). My daughter liked the childrens buffets (chicken nuggets, pizza, salads and vegetables), free ice cream and afternoon snacks. I am a vegan, and I had absolutely no trouble finding plentiful, delicious and healthy food.

The kids club is free and friendly, catering for children from 4 to 12 years. There are two sessions, one from 10 to 12.30 and the other from 2.30 to 5.30. The staff are lovely, really good with children, and they hold a 'mini disco' in the evenings. There is a playground, main pool and pools with slides for the kids, and a 'relax pool' for the adults. We didn't explore some of the other facilities, partly because we were happy with the pools and kids club, and partly because we didn't realise how much was included. We would have liked to do the kayaking or canoeing.

The hotel spa was fantastic. My daughter had a chocolate massage, and I had a Turkish foam massage including a body scrub) with face mask and Thai massage. They feel amazing, and the spa itself is beautiful. I used the gym a couple of times- there are weights machines, treadmills, step machines and exercise bikes. Some of them were a little dated, but perfectly serviceable.

We walked along the beach to Icemelar and Marmaris to visit the markets, taking the little Dolmus minibuses on the way back. These are little buses that cost 2 or 3 TL for adults. We also took the Dalyan departure excursion on the last day, which involved a coach trip to Dalyan, a short river cruise, then a mud bath, lunch, another cruise past the rock-hewn Lycean tombs to see sea turtles at Turtle beach, and then a trip back to a basic hotel in Dalyan (with a lovely buffet dinner) to await transfer to the airport. Unfortunately it was a little cold on the day we went, with some unseasonal rain, but the mud baths were lovely, and you have time to look around Dalyan in the afternoon/ evening. My daughter enjoyed the mud baths but found this trip to be quite long and tiring. All the adults loved it.

Altogether a lovely holiday.

7 Thank LouB137
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Manchester
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had a fantastic all inclusive family holiday with our two Daughters ages 24 & 27 and our 14yr old Son in for a week over Easter. This hotel offers very good value, great choice, quality food & very good on site facilities,

The hotel is lovely and very clean with room service throughout the day and early evening, nothing is too much trouble, all the staff are professional and welcoming and treat every guest as royalty. The hotel facilities are excellent and very clean, lovely good sized rooms and bathrooms with hair dryers, a large shower enclosure, towels and toiletries and every room has a safe, a fridge stocked with water & soda water and a fantastic balcony & view of the Mediterranean Sea & the mountains. We had rooms 229 & 230 the views of the coast & the sea were excellent and not impaired in any way. It is on the hillside and has a selection of pools and facilities including water slides, all on different levels & surrounded by pine trees so that most were not overlooked, excepting the top pool next to the main hotel building. The complex is enclosed and at the coast end is a public promenade, and the hotels private man made beach area.

Hotel facilities: has a beautiful free, newly refurbished gym & spa area (indoor heated pool, steam room & sauna), for a fee (I paid £40) you can also have a Turkish bath (lovely) Thai massage & facial, the Thai massage is not for the faint hearted, I had bruises after it! There is also a privately run hairdressers & nail salon, I can highly recommend the male hairdresser, not the other. During a very bad so called excuse for a manicure & pedicure I was left with smudged polish & cut & bleeding cuticles, which now a week later, are still tender & have scabs on.

It has a very good kids club & entertainment team. There is an al la carte restaurant on site, but as the Turkish holiday season does not start until May 1st this was not open in April. There are some on site shops for gifts, sweets, essentials & leather clothing. It has motor boats to hire for aprox £70 per hr, a fast & exhilarating max 4 person inflatable water ride (towed by a motor boat) for £10 per person & a flying 4 person inflatable for £15 per person, parasending & other water sports facilities including diving. The pedalows and kayaks are free to use by hotel guests. The coastline is beautiful & there is a stunning promenade walk, that goes by the hotel for a gentle stroll from the hotel to Icmelar (20 mins) or to Marmaris (45 mins). You can also hire bicycles at the hotel for £2 per hr. There is a little bus that stops outside the hotel it costs 3 Lira each person to Marmaris, we paid 20 Lira for the 5 of us in a taxi outside the hotel to Marmaris.

We went on boat trip from the hotel around the islands from 10.30am - 5pm with stop offs for sightseeing, swimming & lunch (provided free) the cost: £9 adults £4.50 children. Drinks, ice creams & other refreshments incurred an extra cost but they were reasonably priced.

We met lots of lovely guests & staff. All the staff were friendly & very helpful and worked extremely hard looking after all the guests, not all the staff spoke English but there was always an English speaking member of staff nearby to interpret. The Turkish people are friendly & helpful but very respectful of your privacy & personal space. I say this because this is the first holiday that I felt I could totally relax wherever I was. (There are no time share people or beggars & you can walk down the high street without being bothered by people trying to get you to go in their restaurant or shop). I highly recommend Turkey, it is steeped in history, historical sites and every view is one for the photo album. Go and soak up the sea, history and the sun, I would love to stay at the Marmaris Palace again.

Room Tip: Avoid the nail salon!
4 Thank Dawncouk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
#15 of 234 in Marmaris
Mirage World Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
#36 of 78 in Icmeler

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!