“Beautiful location”

Ranked #15 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived on 31st May early hours and were transferred to our room via golf buggy with our two extremely tired kids. Our room a double bed and 2 x singles was more than adequate and in the gardens2 mins walk from reception. Air con fantastic beautiful view from balcony. We were a family of 4 in one room with one bathroom but as we had booked cheaply we didn't mind. Clean towels everyday and beds made up water in fridge upon arrival, dove shampoo and soap in bathroom dispensers and usual free mini toiletry bottles shampoo etc.
Pool areas and kids area were fantastic what we loved about this hotel was you could easily lose yourself and not see same guests everyday, there were lots of different bar areas where you could sit and 2 pools and the sea front jettys. Location is breathtaking. Kids club was good though after 2 days our 2 decided they wanted to stay with us though they did venture on the banana boat ride with the kids club during the week. Staff are really friendly and genuine didn't experience any rudeness and they work so hard all day and still have a smile for you.
My daughter especially loved Soloman the candy floss seller who was so kind to her.
Food was good for me and my partner on the whole though got a bit samey mid-wk best night was our last one with lots of good choices but kids lived on chicken nuggets and chips all wk. kids buffet shuts early which isn't good if you all want to eat together around half 7 we spoke to manger about this and he arranged for food for our ankle biters but considering the mini disco doesn't start til 8.30 - 8.45 most nights such an early kids buffet means there is a while for them to wait. Daytime food is lunch buffet or around the pools there are burgers, pizza, salads and sandwiches all delicious.
Usual European kids entertainment at night with action songs which are still stuck in our heads which takes place in a mock roman amphitheatre followed by an show at 10- we enjoyed Turkish dancing and Mongolian acrobats.
We visited Ichmeler and Marmaris by taxi boat as had 2 x overcast days. Much preferred Ichlemer- we walked there in 20mins. Same goods in both places.
On our last night we had a leak from room above's shower we phoned reception who didn't understand English spoke to another Person who seemed to understand and said maintenance would be with us in 5mins but never arrived-our room was 526 management please take note.
FYI beer in lobby bar tasted stronger than in pool bars so if you can be bothered to walk there you will notice difference.
We used spa I had full works Turkish bath, 45 min massage for £40 quid my 6 yr old daughter joined me and had chocolate massage and they made a real fuss of her which she loved. My husband and son had haircuts and husband had steam Turkish shave too all staff really friendly.
Overall a lovely week spent there and would return as location amazing and we had a bargain holiday however had we paid full whack during summer holidays I wouldn't have felt as enamoured because of the food. Having said that we did always find something to eat so if you are going there don't worry as it's a beautiful place and we hope to re-visit one day.

2 Thank 247Anon
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

It is the most important thing for us to make sure that we were able to provide our guests with a nice stay.

Best Wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from my holiday. Well it was the nicest holiday I've had yet we spent 10 nights here with a 3 year old and a 18 months old. It was a really clean lovely hotel. All the staff are very nice and friendly apart from one women who works on the lobby bar! Sihmus made are holiday most he works in the main restaurant and always got us a baby chair and drinks as soon as we seated and was very friendly and welcoming. He works really hard and we looked forward to seeing him at every meal time as he always made us feel welcome and helped us find or got us what we needed for the kids. Speedy is another member of staff who makes everyone feel welcome he is ushaully around the pool or reception area. The thomas cook kids club staff are also really good. MY favourite being daryl but all 4 member off staff got the thumbs up with my 3 year old. The complex it's self is great and has everything you need but I could not find a baby changing station in any toliets and would recommend they put one in the pool side toliet and the restaurant toliets as that would of made a difference to us as goin back to are room was a pain to change are boy every time. The food is great well presented and a good verity. All in all this is a brilliant hotel and I would recommend to anyone with kids. Thank you too all the staff at the hotel are holiday was amazing and we will be coming back in the future A ****** I will upload a few pictures of the place so people can see just how nice it is

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alarna W

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A group of 3 of us stayed at the Marmaris Palace in the first week of June and I can honestly say it was brilliant. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the accommodation was clean and the hotel caters for a range of people of different ages. The location was great, close enough to the night life and restaurants but far enough for you to be away from the noise etc. I couldn't disagree more with the previous comment regarding our rep Kris Johnson. We booked several excursions through him each of which were as great as he promised. We were made to feel safe and looked after and knew that if we did have any problems, these would be sorted. I feel he personally went over and above to ensure our holiday was amazing. He's a top guy as were the other reps we met and for that reason, I would definitely book with Marmaris Palace/ Thomas Cook again.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Bex8008

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I was alittle unsure when we booked an All Inclusive as we have never done that before.. I was travelling with my hubby and boys 6 & 10..

The hotel looks really impressive and must admit I was alittle disappointed with the size of the room, which was in the separate blocks away from the hotel, well I say away but it only took me 1 minute to get to the outdoor main restaurant and we didn't intend to stay in the room all day, just to sleep so I didn't let it bother me too much. Apparently the rooms are better in the hotel block but unless you pay for an upgrade, the room only caters for up to three people.

The hotel is really big and you have to get your bearings, which doesn't take that long but there are numerous different bars and different eating places, pizzas, burgers, ice skating, water taxi which takes you to the marmaris bazaar for cheap shopping ( but you have to barter, we bought a bag which was priced at £85 for £45, it's time consuming, so give yourself plenty of time but there are bargins to be had) water sports, table tennis, water slides for kids..etc
There is a nightly show, one night it was bingo so we just went back to the bar.. Other times it was dancers, the usual stuff, nothing to shout about, but its free ...

Speedy.. I'd read about him on here, so when a funny friendly turkish waiter approached us ( he recognises new customers) it didn't surprise me when he said " I'm speedy".. He's not in your face and annoying, just friendly banter..

The food, there's plenty of it.. It ranges from shepherds pie, roast chicken, fried fish, soup, vegetables, chips, loads of different salads .. By the end of our week holiday, to be honest, I'd had enough of all the rich food and was enjoying the salads..

We hardly got serve drinks at dinner time at our table, but the bars are within 30 seconds walk.. The staff are non stop trying to clear tables so we just got our own drinks.. No big deal.. But if it really bothers you, if you call one of the staff, they will get your drinks for you.

I never experienced any unpleasant staff or major issues, I had a nice relaxing holiday. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again.
There is also a small shop within the complex which sells a small selection of toiletries, pool toys, sweets, ciggies..
The spa is good, nice body scrub, I didn't see kids running round, and when I was there, it was really peaceful, but then it just depends on who is holidaying there at the time I suppose..but again, barter, we got £10 knocked off the treatment..

2 Thank tina738
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding our hotel.
We are so happy to hear nice feedbacks from you.
Hope to get the chance to host you here,again!
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Me my partner and 3 children spent a week here 26/05/2014-02/06/2014 and couldnt asked for more the staff were so helpful also was my daughters 16th birthday and the guest relation man was lovely placing little gift and letter in our room for her which added to a holiday to remember for my daughter,, food was lovely, resort was imaculate,also my favourite bar person was CAN he went out of his way to make us feel wanted and his service was exceptional he is a lovely cheerful hardworker employer for the company who always had time to be polite and chat with us,, we look forward to returning again

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank laurajkd
Dear Laurajkd,
Thank you very much for sharing your accommodation experience in our Hotel.
We are pleased to know We were able to make you feel welcome and pleasant during your stay.
Hope we will be able to host you again,soon
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed here in may with my husband and 3 sons age 15-7 and 5 my first impressions of the hotel was nice we were taken to our room straight away and then we went to look around we were all hungry as we arrived late 10.20 pm but no where had food there was no where to buy either which is a let down but at 12 midnight they did soup, with kids I would like to be able to get food all day and night. First day we got up had breakfast and had a good look at stuff and what a let down it was the kids area was disgusting tiles broken in pool rubbish building up park broken :-( no outside jacuzzi like the brochure shows no ice rink :-( I made a list of complaints and took them to the rep after a day stuff started to be fixed :-) I continued with my holiday and it turned out to be fantastic the fun team are great with the 18+ the international kids club are very friendly :-) and the Thomas cook kids club were always around mingling with parents and kids so it was great when your kids go as they all ready know them :-) waiters bar staff cleaners are all very happy and would do anything to help you. And last but not least speedy he is a lovely kind funny caring man who would give you his shoes if you had none we would defo go back again for a break.

5 Thank Sammymep
Dear Lisah,
Thank you very much for your share regarding our hotel.
We are pleased we made you feel welcome during your stay
and You have enjoyed being here.
Looking forward to hosting you on your upcoming trips to the city.
Best Regards
sheffield
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the hotel from 17th may for 2 weeks.

Hotel location is great as a walk to icmeler was only 20 minutes with three children 5 and under.

Hotel is beautiful and set in fantastic surroundings.
We arrived at the hotel as two families and had rooms mikes away from each other. We asked the hotel to move us closer together. This wasn't a problem and managed to get us four rooms away. I also visited reception with a few minor issues during our stat and nothing was any trouble to them they alsways tried to help.

Our first week was lovely as the hotel was quite. Our 2nd week became very busy and the hotel was nowhere near ready for the amount of people arriving. At meal times we struggled to find a table and if we decided to eat later the food was being cleared away at 8.00 pm when it's served till 9.00pm. The selection of good was limited and very repetitive for two weeks. During our 2nd week we had our dinner and ended up with plates from all courses on the table as no waiters came to clear the tables.

The bar service was fantastic from the pool bar and speedy made our holiday, he couldn't do enough for our group. He always went that little bit further. Thank you speedy!!!!

If anyone is traveling with hayfever make sure you take plenty of tablets with you. I found my hayfever to be bad whilst away.

We booked our holiday knowing a Thomas cook holiday club was on site but the hotel limited there activities which was a shame. I'm sure both holiday clubs could work together.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Lisah4
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your reviews regarding our hotel.
Your feedbacks are precious for us and we are happy we got good ones.
It is always a pleasure to host you here,
Looking forward to welcoming you soon,again
Best Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
Mirage World Resort Hotel
#37 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!