We arrived on 31st May early hours and were transferred to our room via golf buggy with our two extremely tired kids. Our room a double bed and 2 x singles was more than adequate and in the gardens2 mins walk from reception. Air con fantastic beautiful view from balcony. We were a family of 4 in one room with one bathroom but as we had booked cheaply we didn't mind. Clean towels everyday and beds made up water in fridge upon arrival, dove shampoo and soap in bathroom dispensers and usual free mini toiletry bottles shampoo etc.
Pool areas and kids area were fantastic what we loved about this hotel was you could easily lose yourself and not see same guests everyday, there were lots of different bar areas where you could sit and 2 pools and the sea front jettys. Location is breathtaking. Kids club was good though after 2 days our 2 decided they wanted to stay with us though they did venture on the banana boat ride with the kids club during the week. Staff are really friendly and genuine didn't experience any rudeness and they work so hard all day and still have a smile for you.
My daughter especially loved Soloman the candy floss seller who was so kind to her.
Food was good for me and my partner on the whole though got a bit samey mid-wk best night was our last one with lots of good choices but kids lived on chicken nuggets and chips all wk. kids buffet shuts early which isn't good if you all want to eat together around half 7 we spoke to manger about this and he arranged for food for our ankle biters but considering the mini disco doesn't start til 8.30 - 8.45 most nights such an early kids buffet means there is a while for them to wait. Daytime food is lunch buffet or around the pools there are burgers, pizza, salads and sandwiches all delicious.
Usual European kids entertainment at night with action songs which are still stuck in our heads which takes place in a mock roman amphitheatre followed by an show at 10- we enjoyed Turkish dancing and Mongolian acrobats.
We visited Ichmeler and Marmaris by taxi boat as had 2 x overcast days. Much preferred Ichlemer- we walked there in 20mins. Same goods in both places.
On our last night we had a leak from room above's shower we phoned reception who didn't understand English spoke to another Person who seemed to understand and said maintenance would be with us in 5mins but never arrived-our room was 526 management please take note.
FYI beer in lobby bar tasted stronger than in pool bars so if you can be bothered to walk there you will notice difference.
We used spa I had full works Turkish bath, 45 min massage for £40 quid my 6 yr old daughter joined me and had chocolate massage and they made a real fuss of her which she loved. My husband and son had haircuts and husband had steam Turkish shave too all staff really friendly.
Overall a lovely week spent there and would return as location amazing and we had a bargain holiday however had we paid full whack during summer holidays I wouldn't have felt as enamoured because of the food. Having said that we did always find something to eat so if you are going there don't worry as it's a beautiful place and we hope to re-visit one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST HOLIDAY, FEELING GOOD. What do you expect from a good holiday? Let us guess: To balance your mind and body, both feeling and looking good. In Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace it is our primary mission to make these happen. When you step into the untouched nature, spread all through with pine scent, of Marmaris Icmeler, you will realize that you are full of life energy. We are waiting for you to relieve the tiredness you feel for a long time within a comfortable world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace Hotel Icmeler
- Grand Yazici Hotel Marmaris Palace
- Grand Yazici Icmeler
- Marmaris Palace