“love love love marmaris palace” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace

and 1 more site!
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Ranked #12 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
“love love love marmaris palace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed here in may 2013 and may 2014 with my artner and 2 children who were 13 and 3 on the first trip and 4 and 14 on the 2nd trip, i love this hotel, its clean the staff are fantastic and they remembered us all from the first year,the food and choice of food has certainly improved and so has the entertainment, my young son enjoyed the shows every night, and got involved with dancing at the kids club and went to the kids disco, bar staff are awesome they get the kids involved with helping to pour their own drinks, the waffles are lovely and are extra priced but well worth it, i would come here again and again, we have made friends at this hotel and through turkey and have fell in love with the place, i would highly recommend this hotel, which i have to many of our friends, and at night time speedy the waiter is all the entertainment you need i really dont know where he gets his energy!! 10/10 !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Lucy G
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Lucy;

We are very proud to have your nice comments

It was a pleasure to meet you and we really hope to welcome you again to meet and beyond all your expectations.

Best Wishes from your Marmaris Palace friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We booked 11 nights 2 rooms 1 for family of 4 and a double for our parents when we got there we were given one room for 6 to share the room was smelling really bad with damp and the smell of sewage was horrid my dad woke up on his first night in a smell wet bed breakfast lunch and dinner was a real hassle as people were very pushy don't give u time to look at one point I had people tapping me on the shoulder giving hand movement to move on as they don't speak English very rude place tell u there move u then say there's no rooms I will never go back there again just glad our rep got us a move

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Claire L
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for your review about our Hotel. We attach great importance to our guests' reviews, especially the criticing ones. Because they show us the missing points of a big picture.
It will be a real happiness for me whether one day we would have a chance to host you again at our hotels or restaurants.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for any need or question.

Best regards;
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just got back from two weeks here and thought i would let you know what its like.
Having came here last year with my wife there have been a few structural changes to the hotel.
There is now a much improved gym and sauna/steam room and a couple of shops within the hotel itself.
The décor within the hotel it self is very grandiose and you cant fail to be impressed, there is a feel of a grand stately home or 'palace' for that matter.
Ok onto the stay itself the rooms are good and the maid service excellent, we stopped in the main hotel building but there are many other locations to stop at within the complex.
Next its the food, we felt it was maybe not as good as a year ago but was ok.
There is a choice of food but after two weeks we found it was getting a boring and i was getting a bit fed up with chicken and rice for every meal.
There was other food to eat but often if you were a bit late coming down it was gone.
Overall though the food was ok and you wouldn't go hungry.
Just a note to add on this, the hotel has become very popular with Russian guests and there dining habits can be somewhat annoying.
For instance they will pile there plates high with whatever food they can get, leaving little for others and then just leave it uneaten.
Being English we know how to que, the Russians don't believe in any of that. while you wait patiently for your stir fry to be cooked they will just push straight to the front of the que to be served.This is the same at the bars as well while yo stand in-line waiting you turn they will just walk straight to the front and get served.
This caused a lot of arguments amongst guests and general ill feeling, i am not having a bash at the Russians i am just saying there manners and etiquette are very different from the British and you have to tolerate it or spend your holiday having arguments over food,drink,sunbeds etc.
The hotel staff are simply the best, very helpful, friendly and courteous.
They always go out of there way to ensure your stay is the best it can be.
There are two pools to use,and there are life guards around to keep an eye on things.
The entertainment in the evening was very good with some spectacular and exciting acts that kept everyone young and old enthralled.
The hotel is on the shore between Marmaris and Icemeler both of which are within walking distance if you feel up to it as there is a very nice paved pathway which runs along the shoreline between the two.
Overall this is a great place to stay if you are a couple or a family, its not for youngsters looking for all night binge drinking and clubbing.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone holidaying in the Marmaris area, and will probably go back ourselves next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SeanTunn
Dear Guest;

We are very proud to have your nice comments

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at marmaris palace late April early may and I couldn't fault the place at all, the views and location were fantastic. Every where is so picturesque and beautiful, the staff were amazing especially speedy he was great our children loved him and he made such a effort to make everyone happy! The hotel manager zgur was also lovely and always happy to help or even just chat. The photographer sarp made so much effort to do our photo shoot to an amazing standard even while having a difficult 3year old, even the candy floss/ shesha pipe man was fantastic honestly I could go on 4ever amazing people!! The entertainment was brilliant the kids entertainers were great getting everyone involved. There were 7 of us the youngest being 3 years old and the eldest 71 we all had no complaints fun for all the family!! The place was so clean and well looked after, the pools were fab, our children loved the water slides and all the water activities we all played darts a few times which was great fun the food and drink was brilliant so much variety and so yummy!! I would definitely recommend this hotel!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Jess N
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Jess;

Thank you for taking time to share your precious comments.

We are very proud to have your nice comments; at the same time so sorry not to be able to provide you with a perfect stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Merhaba!

(5th June to 12th June 2014)

My boyfriend and I have just come back from our 7 night holiday from this Hotel and it was an fantastic experience. Please try this hotel out for you self to judge it, as everyone has different experiences and different tastes.

The Hotel is very impressive and clean.
The people that work there are friendly, hardworking and helpful.
The food is amazing!! The pizzas..wow!!! and the lady who roles out the pastries everyday is amazing and so Nice!
The drinks and cocktails are great! You get proper Pepsi and not the fake stuff!
There are two swimming pools outside and one indoors (which I will get to in more detail)

The Hotel sits on a beautiful setting with the man made beach just outside and all the sun beds are free! You also get to have free kayaking and free a peddling boat from the stand opposite the Ice skating ring which is located right next to the hotel facing the sea. From there you can take a water taxi into Maramis and hire a jet ski or speed boat! I recommend this as it is great fun!

Right out side you can pay £9 for a Lazy day out, which is a boat that takes you to different parts of the Island and different parts of the sea for you to enjoy! I really enjoyed this as it was relaxing and peaceful, but also showed the beauty of Turkey and you get to jum p in the sea from the boat, throughout the day!

Icemeler is so much nicer than Maramis, which in its own way is a bit like Blackpool. I recommend walking to icemeler which takes about 15 minutes (a very nice walk) down the beach way and eating at Bonjour, which does traditional Turkish food and very good cocktails! It is opposite the dolphin water fountains!

Please be aware that nearly everything is priced in Pounds and Euros! So take them with you otherwise you will run out of TL. (Turkish Lira)

Please go to the Market and Bazar which is a great experience and go to Dr Billy's Factory who make the real Turkish Delight!! That is great!

I did the jeep safari and Cleopatra excursion with Thomas Cook, who were quite expensive (£35 each) and we did the shoppers day out (first half is boring and except visiting the market and the Turkish Factory) I also did Horse riding which was great fun! Please look around to do excursions as the ones inside the hotels are very expensive and others offer the same but cheaper.

Now for the Spa inside the Hotel..What can I say! IT WAS OUTSTANDING. Ilter is the manager and he is such a nice and funny man. I ended up booking two spa massages with them because they are soo good and fantastic..Please try it! You cannot go to Turkey and not try there Turkish bath and massage. The Hammam has the Sauna and Steam room and indoor swimming pool which are free with the all inclusive, You also have gym, but don't forget your trainers, otherwise you cannot workout in there!

I hope everyone finds this useful and really gives this Hotel and the spa a try! Great Hotel and holiday.. I will certainly return back!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ranu16
Dear Ranu, thank you so much for your nice feedback after your stay in Club Marmaris Palace. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you soon again. Best regards.
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were on holiday May - June for two weeks and had a brilliant holiday couldn't fault anything. The dining staff were great especially Emre, Emrah, Mehmet and Yusuf etc were always on hand to make mealtimes pleasant. Gamze on reception during the day was always verry helpful and very pleasant. I would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
11 Thank Karen B
Dear Guest;

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

If you're looking for a hotel with a beautiful location, superb facilities, excellent food and wonderful staff, I would advise you to look no further. The Grand Yazici Marmaris Palace is situated on a stunning bay within walking distance to Icmeler and Marmaris, ensuring you are comfortable walking distance away from a night out or kept away from the hustle and bustle and able to spend a relaxed night at the hotel. The hotel itself is stunning and much larger than we anticipated from the brochure; it consists of a multitude of great facilities but never feels uncomfortably oversized. We never even bothered going out for dinner (which is unusual for my family) due to the quality and variety of the food which was consistently delicious. I could write for hours about how much the staff contributed to our holiday - Ozzy, Speedy and Can you are among the nicest and most comical hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure of meeting - always hard at work and up for banter, the only downside being returning home was even harder when we knew how much we would miss them! Outside of the hotel a variety of excursions are offered: the lazy days boat trip, a water sports kiosk, a diving trip and a boat trip to the Turkish mud baths are all available to book on the hotel grounds. I would also encourage guests to visit the spa facility within the hotel, I'd never had a Turkish bath before but my god I will be in a hurry to have one again!
I am still suffering from a severe case of the post-holiday blues as I am writing this and recalling how much I enjoyed myself at this resort, so the only advice I can offer is BOOK NOW!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank George C
Thank you very much for your valuable reviews. We are honored to welcome you again in our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
#19 of 233 in Marmaris
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,333 reviews

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!