We stayed here in September 2013, we had such an amazing time that we didn't want to leave.
You'll see that a lot of people seem to have a "mix up with their room" on arrival - I'm convinced the hotel do this on purpose. We arrived at 1 o'clock in the morning and where put in a sub standard bungalow - we had booked 2 rooms in the hotel. This was eventually sorted in the morning by our Rep, Laura, who was great.
The food was of a good standard and there was always something to eat - there were a few people moaning about the food being repetitive, but it's an AI buffet - what do you expect! (It's wasn't overly repetitive by the way!)
I have to mention "The Cake Room" - it is literally a room filled with cake for desert... amazing!! They also came out with a baked Alaska a couple of nights which was divine!
The staff were extremely friendly and very hard working, they don't expect a tip, but are so grateful when they receive one!
The rooms and the facilities were of a good standard and very clean. The "adult only" pool was great, but I wish they had enforced the "adult only" part and kept the small children by the main pool.
There were some guests that were there for our 1nd week, who were extremely rude and made many of the other guests feel uncomfortable, 1 particular Russian family were constantly pushing and shoving in the food area and at one point my mum was nearly knocked to the floor. There was also an English family who were very rude to staff and let their children run riot and practically terrorise everyone. On the whole the other guests were pleasant enough and friendly.
The location is ideal and there is a nice walk way to both Icmeler and Marmaris, although there were sections of this in complete darkness at night time.
The beach area was ok, it's a man made beach to not spectacular, but the swim up 'floats' are amazing and a really nice way to relax and get a tan from the sea water :)
We hired speedboats from Hassan - 2nd stand along from the Hotel towards Icmeler (not the hotel discounted area). Hassan is a 'small fish' as he puts it and runs his own small business, he gives a great level of service and great deals, along with his colleague "Captain Steve". We found the guys working in the hotel discounted water sports area extremely rude and they would shout abuse at us as we walked past for using Hassan instead of them - which made us use Hassan even more - and we spent a lot of money on hiring the equipment. I would definitely recommend speaking with Hassan before signing up with "the big fish".
The hotel spa looked amazing - we were hoping to use this, but were put off with the guy who goes around trying to get you in - he was very rude to us on a couple of occasions. On our last day my sister and I were on the beach - he would take no for an answer and called me "rainbow coloured" as I was tanned, red and white.. I think he meant this as an insult, but we found it hilarious, which did not please him :)
Overall, we loved this holiday and really did not want to leave. We were hoping to book again for this year, but our circumstances meant we would have to go out of season and wouldn't get the weather - I'm definitely hoping to book for 2015!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE BEST HOLIDAY, FEELING GOOD. What do you expect from a good holiday? Let us guess: To balance your mind and body, both feeling and looking good. In Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace it is our primary mission to make these happen. When you step into the untouched nature, spread all through with pine scent, of Marmaris Icmeler, you will realize that you are full of life energy. We are waiting for you to relieve the tiredness you feel for a long time within a comfortable world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace Hotel Icmeler
- Grand Yazici Hotel Marmaris Palace
- Grand Yazici Icmeler
- Marmaris Palace